“The best sushi north of Pittsburgh!”

Jimmy Wan's Restaurant and Lounge
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jimmy Wan’s Restaurant and Lounge is a Pan-Asian restaurant that offers a vibrant array of Asian favorites and delicacies, ranging from the traditional classics to the innovative and contemporary. Sushi Chef Aki and Head Chef Chen utilize locally sourced ingredients and seasonal ingredients for local favorites such as Kung Pao Filet Mignon, Miso Chilean Sea Bass, New Style Magura Tuna Sashimi, and Iron Chef Maki Rolls. Our contemporary lounge is the perfect place to sip on Western Pennsylvania’s largest selection of wine and Japanese sake or Bar Manager Josh’s creative cocktails. The elegant dining room interior sets the mood for a romantic date or an important business meeting, coupled with friendly and attentive service. Jimmy Wan’s also offers takeout and delivery services, patio dining, private dining, and full-service catering. Family owned and operated, Jimmy Wan’s Restaurant and Lounge Cranberry was opened in 2006. This is Jimmy Wan Sr.’s fourth restaurant in the Pittsburgh area since his inaugural restaurant launch in 1985. Jimmy Sr. and his wife Kathy have worked tirelessly to bring exceptional Asian food to their very many friends and family members who have supported them through the great journey over the many years. Joined by their son, Jimmy Jr., the Wan family will continue to deliver great dining experiences and joyous memories to their guests.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you like sushi or Chinese food and you live north of the city, there is not much choice. But, this choice is great! We love the maki rolls. There is a great variety and if you want something that isn't on the menu, they may make it anyways.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I decided to try this restaurant having read good reviews. The restaurant was far better than the reviews let on. The service was impeccable and personable. The duck we had was perfectly done. While we do not live in the area, when we pass through again, we will stop and enjoy.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this for lunch today. Pricey mistake. The restaurant is very nice inside. We were seated quickly. Our waitress could not answer basic questions on the menu. I ordered wonton soup it was flavorless . My husband ordered ginger salad . The dressing had an odd flavor. I ordered garlic chicken and my husband ordered Kung pao chicken. They came out after a very long time and the food was cold. Mine was lacking sauce and flavorless. My husband liked his chicken's flavor but it was cold and they brought him brown instead of fried rice. The table next to us complained a few times about how long it took to get food. We asked for my food to be wrapped to take since I didn't eat it and the waitress put my rice bowl on top of my food as she took it. This to me was nasty. I don't put dishes on top of food then re- serve. It took 25 minutes to get our check. We will not return.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a wonderful find in Cranberry, a place we pass through often during trips from Maryland to our hometown in western Pennsylvania. For people with gluten free needs, like my wife, this is a five-star choice with an excellent, extensive and creative GF menu. We shared the lobster dumplings, the only disappointment. The GF rice-wrappers are very gluey and extremely pricy. The filling tasted good, though. I chose GF also and had the extraordinary Spicy Cantonese Noodle. It was so fresh and we loved the light touch with spicing and flavoring, rather than the heavy saucing you find at lesser quality restaurants and even PF Changs. My wife went with the Szechuan Prawns. These WERE "saucier," but it wasn't gooped up with corn syrup and it tasted great. The rich egg-drop soup was good too. The service was very friendly and efficient. Jimmy Wan's is expensive. But it's a special place, right at the confluence of I-79, I-279 and the Turnpike. Next time, we're going to order from the road and swoop in and out.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I never complain. I work in the service industry over 30 yrs. Our waiter was rude and has no idea how to work with people. He was more concerned with how his hair looked. My food was over cooked and hard. I could hardly chew it.