“Very Good Upscale Asian, Top Notch Gluten Free Menu”

Jimmy Wan's Restaurant and Lounge
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jimmy Wan’s Restaurant and Lounge is a Pan-Asian restaurant that offers a vibrant array of Asian favorites and delicacies, ranging from the traditional classics to the innovative and contemporary. Sushi Chef Aki and Head Chef Chen utilize locally sourced ingredients and seasonal ingredients for local favorites such as Kung Pao Filet Mignon, Miso Chilean Sea Bass, New Style Magura Tuna Sashimi, and Iron Chef Maki Rolls. Our contemporary lounge is the perfect place to sip on Western Pennsylvania’s largest selection of wine and Japanese sake or Bar Manager Josh’s creative cocktails. The elegant dining room interior sets the mood for a romantic date or an important business meeting, coupled with friendly and attentive service. Jimmy Wan’s also offers takeout and delivery services, patio dining, private dining, and full-service catering. Family owned and operated, Jimmy Wan’s Restaurant and Lounge Cranberry was opened in 2006. This is Jimmy Wan Sr.’s fourth restaurant in the Pittsburgh area since his inaugural restaurant launch in 1985. Jimmy Sr. and his wife Kathy have worked tirelessly to bring exceptional Asian food to their very many friends and family members who have supported them through the great journey over the many years. Joined by their son, Jimmy Jr., the Wan family will continue to deliver great dining experiences and joyous memories to their guests.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a wonderful find in Cranberry, a place we pass through often during trips from Maryland to our hometown in western Pennsylvania. For people with gluten free needs, like my wife, this is a five-star choice with an excellent, extensive and creative GF menu. We shared the lobster dumplings, the only disappointment. The GF rice-wrappers are very gluey and extremely pricy. The filling tasted good, though. I chose GF also and had the extraordinary Spicy Cantonese Noodle. It was so fresh and we loved the light touch with spicing and flavoring, rather than the heavy saucing you find at lesser quality restaurants and even PF Changs. My wife went with the Szechuan Prawns. These WERE "saucier," but it wasn't gooped up with corn syrup and it tasted great. The rich egg-drop soup was good too. The service was very friendly and efficient. Jimmy Wan's is expensive. But it's a special place, right at the confluence of I-79, I-279 and the Turnpike. Next time, we're going to order from the road and swoop in and out.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I never complain. I work in the service industry over 30 yrs. Our waiter was rude and has no idea how to work with people. He was more concerned with how his hair looked. My food was over cooked and hard. I could hardly chew it.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This place stands up to its rating! My copilot & I decided to try it based on previous reviews - and it was very near where we stayed in this trip. Awesome service - even better selection of GREAT craft beers - totally unexpected !! Appetizers were superb - meal was spectacular. Chilean Sea Bass was terrific.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

WE went there several days ago with my wife, daughter, son in law and grand child. They were very excited about the restaurant. It is very upscale looking with a nice bar. That said, the food, we had twice cooked pork, a couple of chicken dishes, Shangai dumplings and hot and sour soup. The food itself was well prepared and served nicely though as these were supposed to be sichuan dishes I expected it to be spicy. My wife and I eat very spicy sichuan food at home in ATL. This was probably the blandest food I've eaten. I asked for a side of chili oil. The server would be gone for long periods of time and was slightly attentive. He could not be found and I had to ask a mgr for the chili oil and another server to find our server to bring over the bill. All in all it's an average tasting chinese restaurant with pretension.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very good food, it's been difficult to find decent Chinese food around here - love the General Tso's but rather pricey...We normally do take-out, but have eaten in the restaurant and the atmosphere is very nice!