All reviews training facility sports complex waffle maker directly across the street full kitchen huge shower up to date fire pit front desk staff great hotel hotel is located the breakfast area oatmeal easy access convenient location one night penguins
Reviewed September 2, 2018

I have stayed at a few TownPlace Suites but this was my first visit to this location and it didn't disappoint. The staff are all exceptional. The property is clean, nicely landscaped, very handicap accessible and a great location within walking distance to shopping and right next to UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex. There is lots of free parking and a large breakfast area and patio with lots of choices for breakfast that are replenished regularly.

The 2 room suite was very large with a full kitchen, plenty of closet and storage space, large bathroom with walk in shower, 2 large smart TVs that you can hook up to your Netflix etc.

The only negatives were that the bed was very small (it was smaller than a queen) and there was no hook on the back of the bathroom door which would have been helpful.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
413johnks, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in keeping our hotel clean and fresh. I will look into the possiblility of getting hooks on the bathroom doors. Thank you for the suggestion. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a week while my son attended hockey camp at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex which is directly across the street. The hotel was generally clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the breakfast was the exact same thing every day. Fried eggs and sausage. And then the usual array of muffins, breads, oatmeal and cereal as well as a waffle maker. Usually the hot items vary somewhat. This is a great location, and lives up to Marriott standards. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I do appologize about the breakfast being the same each day. We lool forward to serving you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

This was a super nice place to stay with family. The whole facility was spotless and the staff was so friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was so nice and made even nicer by being able to enjoy it out on the patio.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
413johnks, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Marmie93,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take pride in keeping our hotel clean at all times. I am glad you had a chance to enjoy the patio. We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Regards

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Overall we had a wonderful experience with this hotel. Our positive experience started the day we signed the contract for a block of rooms for our daughters wedding. Monica was our contact person and was always readily available to answer questions and to make sure we had what we needed. During our actual stay she and the rest of the staff were easily accessible to help. They have a meeting room available to rent which was a wonderful place for friends and family to gather. This room opens up to the outdoor patio which includes a nice seating area with a fire pit. Having breakfast available was a great asset and also the refrigerators in the rooms. Thank you to everyone who helped us during our stay. You were our home away from home.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family

cllnbnsn,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Your wedding party was wonderful and we greatly enjoyed serving you while you were here. Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

In town for several weeks and stayed at this hotel for a little over a week. The front desk staff is the best part of the hotel, they are kind, helpful, and professional. The lobby and outdoor space were very nice we enjoyed grilling out one night and the outdoor firepit was used by us on more than one occasion. The room was spacious but definitely could have used a better cleaning. Dishes needed re washed by us, crumbs in the drawers, the refrigerator had old fruit smelling it up. The bed was so small and uncomfortable. I know it says queen but we have a queen at home and this just felt crammed and so hard!! Not the worst room I ever stayed in and as I said front desk staff, manager, and outdoor spaces made up for some of the rooms downfalls. The area of town is great. Plenty to eat and plenty of convenience stores are very close by. My last comment is probably my biggest issue and it's probably a minor one for most of you; breakfast was not great eggs were rubber, sausage microwaved and chewy, and the remainder was basic but the real problem is that this is an "extended stay hotel" and they NEVER EVER switch up breakfast!! I mean one man was staying for a month I cant imagine eating that for a month straight when I was so over it by the end of a week!! They should really consider switching things up between a couple options that are rotated since they are extended stay. Otherwise average hotel with above average staff and a great area of town

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
413johnks, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on your recent stay at our Towneplace Suites in Cranberry. We appreciate the great comments on our staff and we have shared them with the staff. We have also shared your comments on the cleanliness of the rooms with the appropriate department so that these issues do not happen again. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel so this situation is not up to our normal standards! So we do sincerely apologize. As to our breakfast we will be soon having some different options to make our breakfast more appealing for our extended stay guests! Thank you for staying with us and hopefully you will stay with us again when in our area!