All reviewswet barnice hotelfree breakfastsitting areatwo double bedsbreakfast roompull out couchhot breakfastrooms are spaciousdowntown pittsburghvisit familystaff was friendlyoff the highwaymini fridgegreat place to staydefinitely stay here againindoor pool
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We were looking for a stop along the Interstate 76/70 and stumbled across Cranberry. We first tried the Hampton Inn as we had stayed in a very nice one in Clarion, but the Hampton Inn in Cranberry wasn't that great and overpriced so we moved on. We then tried the Marriot Residence Inn and it was hugely overpriced so we moved on again and eventually got to the Hyatt Place in Cranberry. Lucky for us because the price was good and the place was totally awesome!

The Hyatt Place concept is brilliant - very large rooms (you could call them mini suites) with just enough services to give you everything you really need. This is one of two that we stayed in on our cross-country trip and both were in impeccable condition, so I can only assume that the whole chain of Hyatt Place hotels is at the same level of excellence.

As an aside, the rooms in the Cranberry Hyatt Place were about 30% bigger than the other Hyatt Place we stayed in (Chantilly).

Like I said, the rooms are enormous and can sleep 6 in comfort (if you get the 2 double bed option) - we are a family of 4 so we slept in great comfort. I spent time dwelling on the way the rooms are designed and and the architect responsible needs a huge pat on the back for getting the room design JUST RIGHT. The public areas were the same - awesome architectural design and perfectly executed.

Probably the best hotel in Cranberry.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2009

My husband and I were in Pittsburgh to attend a baby shower. We picked this hotel because of the reviews and the price. We booked two nights at $89 a night. The hotel is right off of the turnpike and is close to many restaurants and stores.

We arrived and the staff was very friendly. Our room was great! It was one of the biggest hotel rooms I have ever been in without it being a "suite" hotel. The room was nice and clean and it had a living room with a a pull out couch, a small kitchen area with a mini fridge, sink, and coffeemaker. Next to that was an office area. The bed was nice and very comfortable.

The bathroom was a little different than the rest of the room. My husband and I were given the handicapped room (probably because we arrived pretty late) so maybe the bathrooms in the other rooms were different. It was functional but wasn't as modern looking as the rest of the room and the only complaint I had about the entire room is that the bathroom was a little dark. Other than that the hotel and the room was great!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We enjoyed our brief stay at Hyatt Place on our way to NY state. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

We were warmly greeted upon our arrival and during our breakfast the next morning.

The pool area was clean and bright.

We stayed in a double queen room and the extra counter space next to the sink was appreciated by our family of four.

We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MMore_8
Reviewed June 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed here on a trip to Pittsburgh to go to a friend's graduation. We wanted to stay a little outside Pittsburgh, and Cranberry Township fit the bill. It was a mere 30 minute drive to downtown Pittsburgh, but we felt like we were staying in a town.

The hotel itself is a renovated AmeriSuites. It has been very nicely redone -- very contemporary feel to it. The staff is knowledgeable about the area and the hotel and are anxious to be helpful. They gave us a tour of the hotel upon check in, and when we asked if they had menus to local restaurants, they gave us a giant book of menus with coupons for free apps, desserts, etc. whenever they could.

The facilities are nice. The only thing that isn't 100% awesome about this place is the fitness center. It is clean with new machines, but sparse -- they only have three or four cardio machines and no strength training. This was more than made up for by the hotel's cleanliness, fairly spacious rooms, amenities and pool.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pocketcathy
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I stayed for one night for a wedding & was extremely pleased with the service at the front desk and with my room. The staff is very pleasant and helpful When I arrived my room wasn't ready but the front desk was able to quicky find an available room for me. There was a small living room area, very good lighting over the bathroom sink, a large flat screen TV and a hair dryer in one of the drawers at the sink. The stairs were close to my room so I sometimes used them instead of always using the elevator. Also my room had a card endorsing using towels more than once which is great. This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place hotel & it was a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo