“Wonderful rooms”

Hyatt Place Cranberry
PITTSBURGH
“Wonderful rooms”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

i had stayed with my wife at the Hyatt for a little over night getaway. The hotel is nice, set off the main road in Cranberry. The room was wonderful, a king size room. The couch, 42' flat screen and comfy king size bed makes you not want to leave the room. We were going to go to the movies but ended up renting one and staying in. This is a really great place to visit theres so much to do. We ate at the Olive garden only a quick and easy 5 min drive. Theres any place and type of food establishment to choose from. I did not see the pool but the fitness room and the whole hotel is clean. I did not have a problem with anything in the room. They have a great coffee maker. The hotel offers food 24 hrs a day but the menu is limited late night. I got nachos with artichoke dip and it was not that great. The room has a refriderator which you should turn down the temp when you arrive if you plan to use. The front desk is younger attendants that could be a little more pollite. It was a great experience and I plan on staying there again in the future.

• Liked — The TV
  • Disliked — Hotel food
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Central, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2008

I've only stayed at one other Hyatt Place (near the airport in San Antionio, Texas) and both were pleasant surprises. Large spacious open floorplan rooms with a living area, desk, wetbar w/fridge. The huge flat panel tv can be turned to face the sleeping or living areas.

I want to know what they use to fragrance the place. The rooms, lobby and even when you walk up outside smells of whatever it is. It just smells clean.

• Liked — The accomodations & staff.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
pa
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Appreciated the off-the-beaten path location. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was clean, quiet and nicely designed. The rooms were interesting in that they were created to give ample space for entertaining, sleeping or grooming without feeling cramped by the others in the room. The big screen TV was very clear but I found the commands on the remote to be a bit slow to react. We didn't get to spend enough time here so we intend to try it again when we don't have to run so much. A wide choice of eateries are nearby and the hotel has a well-stocked grab and go selection by the front desk. We took advantage of those offerings before we took off for a concert in the 'Burgh." Got a great deal on priceline. Should be a sign on Rt. 19 directing guests to the hotel though. I made a lucky right turn and found the place but it wasn't marked at all .

• Liked — The "zen" design
  • Disliked — A bit difficult to find
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2008

If you are looking for a wonderful worry-free stay in the greater Pittsburgh area you should check out the Hyatt Place in Cranberry Township. The staff is extremely helpful and the rooms are upscale, yet affordable. All amenities you may want are included and the area is very close to dining and shopping. Downtown Pittsburgh is also 15 minutes away. If you want to escape the traffic and congestion of the city, look to this hotel for a quiet getaway.

• Liked — Great location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 8, 2008

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Cranberry for one night on my way back to Toronto from Washington, DC early in August. My husband, my two kids (a teen and a preteen) and I enjoyed our oversized room. It had two confortable queen size beds and a large sofa (it could have accommodated another person). The room had also a wet bar, a coffee machine, a small fridge, and a super TV set. My daughter enjoyed the swimming pool and the fitness room and my son the wireless Internet access. The complimentary buffet breakfast was very good, with coffee from Starbucks!
The decor and the toiletries were quite modern and elegant. We were glad we chose this hotel instead of an expensive one in downtown Pittsburgh, and we appreciated the free parking. In the evening we had dinner at a nearby family restaurant on Hwy 19, which was really close by.
I would gladly go back again.

• Liked — The room was comfortable, clean and nicely decorated
  • Disliked — That the sink was outside the washroom. Not a big deal, but we found it weird.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Torontonian_family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 20, 2008

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Cranberry the weekend of June 7 and it was a fantastic find. I booked through Amex Travel so I'm not sure how much I paid as it was a package deal, but presumably it was far less than I would have paid had I booked directly with the hotel.

Check-in was a breeze, I was promptly assigned a King room (although when I booked it appeared the only thing they had left were 2Q) and upstairs I went. The room was fantastic. A big sectional sofa, desk, wet bar w/fridge, large flat screen TV that can be swiveled toward the living room area or the bed. The sink area was very nice granite. The bathroom however was a little dated. They updated some things like the curved rod and shower curtin, but the tub/shower was obviously not renovated with everything else and it was quite small. Closing the door to the bathroom could leave you quite claustrophobic, so consider that if sharing the room.

The breakfast was decent. It was quite crowded the weekend I stayed (some sort of youth hockey team) so there were plenty of kids and parents milling around so the seating was sparse, things weren't refilled as quickly, so I just grabbed cereal and ate at the little bar adjacent to the check-in desk. I went upstairs and made my own coffee as the line for fresh brew downstairs was long. But under normal circumstances, it would appear they have plenty: fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, several types of coffee, cereal, etc. No hot foods, but still a great selection.

I was in town for a wedding in rural Butler County and I am so glad I elected to stay in Cranberry at the Hyatt. It was a welcome respite from the rustic, sweltering surroundings (it was the hottest day of the year--or close to it) of the wedding site. I would sweat all day during wedding preparations and come back to the Hyatt at night surrounded by all the modern amenities and air conditioning! The front desk staff was even so kind as to provide me with band-aids for my feet after spending the whole day torturing them in bridesmaid heels.

You really can't go wrong with this place, so I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The Modern Facilities
  • Disliked — The Location was a bit complicated to find if not familar with the area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Old AmeriSuites that has been updated. Rooms are clean, large and well appointed. The lobby is very nice with a lot of amenities that are available 24 hours a day. Breakfast is fair, but does the job for the price (free). Staff was helpful and friendly. Check in and check out is simple with the kiosks.

• Liked — Large sized, well appointed rooms
  • Disliked — Partiers late at night
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family