All reviews wet bar sectional sofa sitting area nice hotel free breakfast nice breakfast yogurt king bed the breakfast area rooms are large excellent stay definitely stay here again staff was very friendly off the highway pa turnpike great place to stay indoor pool
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed a the Hyatt Place Cranberry for one night only. While traveling home to Michigan from New Jersey, we were caught in the major snowstorm that pushed across the country west-to-east over the Christmas Holiday (December 25-26th). Traveling via the Pennsylvania Turnpike, my husband and I had great difficulty finding a hotel with a one night vacancy because nearly EVERYONE was suspending their travels (due to the storm) and booking nearby hotels.

Pushing on from Harrisburg to Bedford to Pittsburgh, I obtained a reservation at this Hyatt via Tripadvisor. Overall, this is a decent place to stay. Not inexpensive, my husband and I paid nearly $150.00 (with taxes and fees) for a one night stay in a "King Suite." The suite was very roomy and quite large. Our suite had a large sectional couch, several chairs, a wet-bar area, a desk and a very large & comfortable king bed, a HUGE flat-screen television, etc, etc.

This Hyatt is very conveniently located just minutes upon exiting the PA turnpike at Exit 28 (I think). The front desk staff were very hospitable and efficient. Check-in was a breeze. The entire hotel is well-appointed, bright and clean. My husband enjoyed the included breakfast, which he told me was "very good, warm & tasty."

While I found the hotel furnishings to be somewhat utilitarian and a bit dated, my husband told me "the decor was consistent with other Hyatt Hotels (that he'd been to) and typical art-deco style." You will see from others' photos that the furnishings are pleasant & tasteful, if not minimalist in style.

While on the small side, the bathroom was functional and generally clean. I'm a bit of a clean-freak, so I did notice some mildew in the shower but nothing that major. Parking at the hotel is easy & ample. Not much more to say.

One HUGE plus is this hotel's proximity to many restaurants & shops. After traveling nearly 400 miles in treacherous snow & ice conditions, we were very happy to come upon "Bravo," a small chain restaurant with GREAT food, located within walking distance from the hotel.

Overall, our one night stay was comfortable, given the circumstances under which we traveled. There are many suitable hotels in the Cranberry area and I'm not sure if I'd stay at this Hyatt again. But the hotel is beyond adequate; it's just a matter of personal taste.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Grew in the region and never knew that there was anything off this exit on the Turnpike. Nice hotel. Would stay here again. The front desk staff are very personable and know the region well. The binder full of restaurants is excellent. The Springfield Grill rocks. Room was large, comfortable and clean. I think the LCD has to be the largest I have ever seen in a hotel room. The folks here remind me of why Pennsylvania was a great place to grow up.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was very close to alot of stores and right off the highway the breakfast could have been a little better but it wasn't the worse that I had I would reccomend this hotel to anybody

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

No complaints here - convenient location to/from the turnpike, spacious and clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were fully equipped, and free breakfast, too. A truly great value for the money. We would definitely return!

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

- reserved via www.Hyatt.com
- when checking in was informed no king rooms were available
(Is that not the purpose for reserving and guaranteeing a room?)
-After check in website still showed King rooms available
- bathroom was overall clean except random funky tiles, hairs inside shower housekeeping left for me, & a slip mat rolled in the corner and propped up (umm, k. Thanks, I guess?)

My 2cents?
- if this is normal service now, head over to the Marriott at Settlers Ridge.

Date of stay: October 2012