“Great place, great beds, great food!!”

Hyatt Place Cranberry
Herndon, VA
“Great place, great beds, great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Arrived late at night and checked in with the family... very helpful staff. Offered us a crib, but we didn't need one for our baby as we had a co-sleeper with us. Found someone's iced coffee in the fridge, but still gave 5 stars for the excellence service and experience overall.

Bed was VERY COMFORTABLE and great modern look and feel to the room. Room was semi-divided and allowed two of our kids to sleep on the pullout and give us enough space to get some sleep in the other section of the room.

Food was excellent for a hotel breakfast. Fresh fruit, juice, coffee, milk, and staff that made some breakfast items including french toast with real maple syrup. The fresh bread and toaster was great too. Little things too like the peanut butter was fresh and smooth coming out of the little packages (you know when you open those single serving spreads and the peanut butter is old/hard? Not this place.)

Floor was under renovation, but didn't bother us as they had sectioned off the other half of the floor as the modernized the rooms. I guess ours had been modernized because I was impressed. Would stay there again next time we are in Pittsburgh!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Hyatt Place while visiting family for Christmas for the past three years. The rooms are modern, clean, and large, with a nice seating area (sofa or sectional), desk, and kitchenette. It's perfect for gathering with other family members...plenty of seating and room to store snacks and drinks. We've found the staff to be universally friendly and helpful. Breakfast is simple, but good. The common areas on the first floor are clean and well appointed. Hyatt Place Cranberry has been the perfect home away from home for the holidays.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on November 29 and December 10, 2011. This is a very good hotel and the only reason I don't give it a rating of excellent is because it doesn't take pets. It should.

On November 29, at check-in, I was told that there were no rooms with a king bed although that was what we had reserved, and we had the printout to prove it. The young woman at the reception was apologetic, and almost naively, said she didn't know why the online system had allowed us to reserve a king bed while there were none available. We took the offered room, with two double beds. When we inspected the room I discovered that it was at the back of the hotel, facing the highway ramp, and therefore noisy. I am a light sleeper and I knew it would not work for me. So I went back to the reception and I asked for a room facing the front of the hotel, and the same young woman cheerfully moved us. Thanks to her, what might have been an unpleasant stay worked out. I regret that I forgot her name. But light sleepers, NOTE, ask for a room facing the front of the hotel.

On December 10, our reserved room with a king bed was available, and I asked for and received a room facing the front of the hotel. After checking in, we wanted to eat our leftover Giordano's pizza (from Chicago) for dinner. We asked the young woman (I forgot her name too) at the reception if we could use their dishes and silverware, and she graciously said yes. We decided to try their cocktails, and my wife and I were so happy with, respectively, our cosmopolitan and appletini, that we each had a second.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank AMB&JAS
Bartonville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

When I attempted to make a reservation for one night (a Tuesday) I was told by management that they could not reserve a room for less than 3 nights during the week per corporate policy! I changed my travel plans and stayed on a Monday night, however, when I checked in I asked if rooms were available for Tuesday night was informed that they were. This policy makes no sense to me as not every traveler is going to want or need to stay three nights and the hotel risks turning away customers who only want to stay one night. I stayed one night at the Hyatt Place Cranberry, my first stay at a Hyatt Place hotel. The front desk staff was extremely welcoming and offered to give me a quick tour of the property. The guest rooms were very well designed, almost a Junior suite with separation between the bedroom and the desk and kitchenette area. The bathroom was roomy and the decor was updated. The room is perfect for business travelers.

What spoiled my stay were three details that management should address. First, the housekeeping fell short. I found what appeared to be crumbs on the bedroom carpet (and not just a few). Secondly, the beds were hard and uncomfortable. Third, the free continental breakfast fell short of my expectations. I've had better breakfasts at much lower end properties. The hotel displayed a sign suggesting that guests try a yogurt parfait. Great idea, but when I asked the breakfast staff where I could find the granola (one of the suggested items) I was told that they didn't have any. I settled for an English muffin and cream cheese. Given the price point and the clientele that Hyatt is marketing the Hyatt Place hotels (primarily business travelers) it seems to me that they could spend a few extra bucks and improve the breakfast selections. The fresh fruit was pretty dismal as well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Equestrian01
Toronto, CANADA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

First trip to the PA area with our 2 young kids (ages 2.5 & 7). We wanted a decent hotel that was within vicinity of Grove City Premium Outlets - this hotel was about 35 mins from there.

This hotel is conveniently located off Hwy and close to restaurants & fast-food places. Also has an indoor pool, fitness facility, a bar/lounge & a coffee shop/cafe. Parking is complimentary. There are also some "big box" stores within driving distance - no more than 5-10 mins (ie. Walmart Supercentre, Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc).

Rooms: Comfortable king beds with pull-out sofa bed - was good for our family of four. As mentioned before the bathrooms are small - a toilet, next to the bathtub/shower. It is a bit cramped, but served its purpose.
Television had an ok selection, was a bit disappointed that they didn't off more children stations for younger kids (ie. disney, nickelodeon) - only station was the cartoon network. Some Nick & Disney shows are available on demand for a fee.
Hi-speed internet is complimentary.
Also has a one cup coffee/tea maker, mini-fridge with small sink & desk.

Breakfast: continental included with your stay - fruit, yogurt, oatmeal / cereal, baked goods, breads, juices/tea/coffee.
There is the option of a hot breakfast for a charge - kids loved the waffles. The touch screen system made ordering easy.

The staff at this hotel are very helpful - great customer service.

Overall the hotel is very clean, however more attention needs to be paid to the vacuuming of the room (found a few food/cereal pieces between sofa and side table), and linens/blankets in my opinion should not be used if there are visible stains or holes.

Other than that, we have no other complaint. Very impressed for a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Hyatt has taken the hotel up a little notch. This place is all class. First let's talk check in. Touch screen computers greet you at the entrance. If you can manipulate an airport check in, you can manipulate the touch screen check in, get your keys and get to your room without having to wait. I found this little touch to be brilliant.

Rooms: The rooms are delightful. King bed with the Hyatt amenities is the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept on in the past few years.

Couch: Big L shaped couch which faces the BIG tv (42? 47 inches?) is cozy and allows for lap top use (FREE WI FI).

Bathroom: Ok here is a little criticism. Bathroom, the room with the tub and toilet is small -- you feel a little cramped in there.

Business desk -- nice
Kitchen -- coffee maker, small refrigerator, sink

Fitness room --- 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, towels and free water

Breakfast -- nice free breakfast with fruit, juice, yogurt, cereal, breads and jellys, coffee. You can also pay for more hot items like breakfast burritos. There is also a Starbucks bar in the lobby for Mochas, Cappuccinos etc....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Large guest room but very small bathroom. Guest room has large sofa, work table, two sinks, refrigerator, large flat screen TV. Very nice and exceptionally clean. Staff pleasant and helpful. A few negatives: bathroom has no night light and no electrical outlet to plug in your own. A/C is fairly loud and does not have a constant-on setting for the A/C fan - not so good for light sleeper. Complimentary continental breakfast is just OK. No phone book in room. I would probably stay here again but I really wish they had a constant-on setting for the A/C blower. I rated the hotel average overall because I consider sleep quality to be the most important factor.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business