All reviewswet barnice hotelfree breakfastsitting areatwo double bedsbreakfast roompull out couchhot breakfastrooms are spaciousdowntown pittsburghvisit familystaff was friendlyoff the highwaymini fridgegreat place to staydefinitely stay here againindoor pool
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We come to the area once a year and this was our first visit to this Hyatt---we always check the reviews on Tripadvisor and thought we had better check this place out. It does deserve the top rating! First of all the hotel passed my "clean, clean clean" inspections! The layout of the room was roomy for the two night stay with the sleeping area and partially separated area for the desk/ sofa---the refrigerator was a very handy addition.It was very nice to have exhaust fan in the commode/shower area. The breakfast was plentiful and stocked promptly but nothing out of the ordinary that we find at competing hotels.We had made our reservations ahead of the price increase. Comparing this hotel to the other three in the area that we have stayed in on our visits, the thing that this place has going for it is the size of the room which is great if you are going to be there for more than one night or on business and the modern, clean decor is very pleasing but we will have to think twice if the prices increase way beyond the competition.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We traveled the Friday before the 4th of July and stayed on our way to Chicago. On the way, the price was $110 and one week later, it had jumped to $160. We booked ahead regardless because we liked the hotel the first time. Breakfast was adequate for a family of four, the rooms are clean and spacious, the beds were comfortable, staff extremely pleasant and helpful. But book soon, I just noticed that the price is now up to $170...

We would definitely stay there again... unless, of course, the price keeps rising.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We went to this hotel when we visited my sister. We are a family of five with three kids ages 13, 9 and 6. When we arrived the hotel was very nice inside. They had the kiosks to check in, but I tend to prefer a real person.

We have stayed in this hotel before when visiting the area and it was just how I remembered. We were able to find parking fine and were immediately checked in.

We went up to the room and I did the whole bed bug check...I didn't see anything so crossed my fingers and let the kids in. We used to sofa bed for the two girls and my husband and son had one double bed and I had the other. The tv is in the middle so both sides could see. The tv had a gorgeous picture.

I didn't think the bathroom was as clean as it could have been...particularly the floor. There was some mold in the corners of the shower and it showed a little aging. The room has a refrigerator which is nice and a coffee maker which we didn't use. We used the shampoo and conditioner and I didn't like them..seemed pretty cheap. But I am one to use better shampoos.

One problem we ran into was what to watch on tv at night when we got back to the room. They had ABCfamily and Hbo family...but they don't always have tv that interests all my kids. Nickelodeon or Disney would have been preferred. My husband and I can handle some of those shows. They had them but they charged for them. I thought that stunk. It was like an on demand service or something. So we had a hard time finding things appropriate to watch and didn't want to pay more money.

The kids got thirsty so we went to hunt down the ice and vending. They had ice but no vending. We went downstairs and I see why there wasn't any vending. They had soda and water you could buy..but for inflated prices. So the kids had water from the faucet. So make sure to bring juice boxes and /or soda and use the fridge..it will be cheaper.

The hotel room for the most part was quiet. We had a woman who was on the phone and we could hear her conversation word for word. We looked through the peephole since it sounded like she was standing right outside our door. ..but didn't see anyone. So am unsure if she was in a room or the hallway. Other than that...it was fairly quiet. The air conditioning worked great and wasn't overly loud .

The bedding was pretty comfy. They have those down blankets which I loved.

We also used the pool which was empty during the day. It was great and has a deep and shallow end marked off by a rope. They also provide towels.

The complimentary breakfast was ok. They had cereal , yogurt, toast, fruit and small donuts. I think they had oatmeal too . Anything else like eggs or pancakes you had to pay for. They serve Starbucks coffee which I was thrilled with...but my husband doesn't like it ..so he didn't get coffee. They didn't have an alternative to Starbucks.

All in all , the room was nice and it was huge. We had plenty of room for five and it was pretty clean. I would definitely stay there again..however the tv thing was a tough one for us....since none of us were ready to go to bed at 8:30. I might look for a different hotel that I felt had better options for a family...But this hotel is very nice and our stay was good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I have recently stayed in this hotel for two weeks on a business trip. It is close to so many restaurants and fast food eateries that I lost count. Probably 30 within 5 minutes by car. A dozen within 5 minutes walk.
Try Brighton hot dogs.

Breakfast was included and was continental in type.
I did not try the food in the evenings but they have a wide choice of food available 24/7.

Room was spacious and unusually for an American hotel it had tea and coffee facilities in the room.
Free wi-fi, in the room, is not the fastest I have ever used but is adequate for Skype voice calls, at the weekend. I suspect that would not be possible during the week when the hotel is busier.
Free printing facilities are an unusual (for me) feature.

I will definitely stay here again when I return in a couple of months time.
Close to Pittsburgh (25 mins by car).

Room Tip: Tell them you are the Duke of Cambridge
Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed at the Hyatt in April for Easter Weekend. Our intent for the trip was to shop at Grove City during the day and relax in the evening. Although this hotel is 30 mins away from the Outlet mall it is well worth the drive. The rooms are modern, very clean, large, and comfortable. There is so many restaurant choices around this hotel. We enjoyed our stay so much that we reserved a room for another weekend in June.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family