Location: The hotel is close to major interstates and less than one block away from several strip malls, gas stations, restaurants, etc. There is a Primanti Brothers right next door for ‘bar food’, great sandwiches, or cocktails. It’s a great place to watch a hockey game. The hotel is 10-15 minutes from downtown without traffic.
Hotel: Four stories w/ elevators. There is a pool, Jacuzzi, and fitness room on the first floor. These were closed when we visited but the hotel next door allowed guests to visit their facilities at no charge. There is a recessed breakfast area with tables/chairs, complimentary newspapers, a computer, and big screen television. They offer muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee/tea/juice, fruit, and other pastries, along with a hot breakfast choice that changes each morning. I was impressed with the variety of items they offered. There appeared to be meeting rooms in the hotel but we did not have occasion to use them.
Rooms: I was pleasantly surprised by the room. The hotel, breakfast area, and common areas were all very clean and nicely decorated. The room surpassed my expectations. At approximately $120 a night, it was a steal. Upon entering the room, I noticed a comfortable love seat and two mobile ottomans. There was a large television with cable and an alarm clock with sterio and nature sounds. Overall, the room had a luxurious comforting feeling to it. Along the far wall there were built-ins that included a desk (also mobile) and a closet for clothes/iron/etc. The room has wireless internet, which I did not use. The bed was by far the best thing about the room. An overstuffed king size pillow top bed with nice linens, a ton of comfortable pillows in both firm and soft (nice touch), and an extremely soft comforter with duvet cover. I slept like a baby every night. The bathroom was large and included a wood vanity with black marble top. It had a bath/shower. The shower worked very well but was nothing special. All items were new and updated. The room was extremely clean.
Service: As if the clean, modern, amenity-filled hotel wasn’t enough for $120 a night, the service was wonderful also. Everyone from the front desk to the breakfast attendants to housekeeping were friendly and as helpful as you could ask for. One morning I unintentionally left my ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door on my way out and upon return I found a plastic bag containing towels, wash clothes, and shampoo/conditioner/lotion waiting outside my door. They had also left a voicemail stating they had left the extra towels and if I needed anything else to let them know. Every morning, there is a newspaper waiting at the door. While I found this a nice touch, I was up and out of the room early every morning and never looked at them. I would like to see an ‘opt out’ option for the newspaper, in order not to be wasteful.
Overall, the hotel is a great value for the price. Obviously, if you are going to Pittsburgh for vacation or a weekend away, you might prefer downtown, however, for business this is a perfect hotel. I was impressed by Hampton and will continue to look for their hotels when I travel for work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry hotel in Cranberry Township, PA is surrounded by gorgeous state parks, near Thornhill Industrial Park, prominent businesses and several restaurants. Our hotel is only six miles from the Cranberry Highlands Golf Course, 10 miles from the Ross Park Mall, and just a 30-minute-drive from downtown Pittsburgh and the Grove City Premium Outlets. We provide free parking and free in-room WiFi. Other hotel amenities include: free hot breakfast, indoor pool with hot tub, fitness center, and business center with printer. Our modern guest rooms include microwaves, mini-refrigerators, LCD HDTVs, and large work desks. We also have 575 sq. ft. of meeting room space for up to 25 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry Hotel Cranberry Township
- Hampton Inn Cranberry Township
- Cranberry Township Hampton Inn