“Not very friendly front desk”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
Holt, Michigan
“Not very friendly front desk”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel has a very nice location but don't let that fool you. Since this hotel get a lot of business clients, they are not too friendly. Do not even dare to ask a bottle of water, you will get a cold shoulder. The room we stayed smell like an old woman stale perfume.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnCranGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for your experience at our hotel. We will take your comments under consideration as we continue to work on improving our guest experience. I assure you that these issues you have notified us about will be followed up on. Again we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will come visit us in the future. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
harrisburg pa
Reviewed April 22, 2014

They never let you down...always can count on a comfortable bed, AC that works, clean bathrooms, frig and a good breakfast. This particular motel had a beautiful indoor pool that was very clean and a hot tub. Tracy at the front desk was very efficient and helpful in finding us church service times for Easter Sunday. my only comment and its a very small thing...headboard and lap desk were dusty.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnCranGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us recently at the Hampton Inn Cranberry Twp. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions regarding your stay. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to share you compliments and kind words with Tracy. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again soon! Thank you again!
Cranberry Twp, PA, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here before; Attentive Staff; Decent breakfast; Work out room is good; Heating and Air Conditioning is very good; Clean room/bath; Have stayed near elevator and away from elevator; both are quiet;

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnCranGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cranberry Twp again! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. It is always so wonderful to hear back from our guests and I want to thank you for reaching out to us with your thoughts about our hotel. I also want to thank you for your kind words and praise about our establishment. We pride ourselves on trying to provide our customers with the highest quality of customer service and we love hearing from our guests that we have provided them with the best possible experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon at our hotel. Thank you again!
New Castle, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

All of the staff members were pleasant and efficient--at the desk and in the breakfast area. The room was very clean and and the furnishings were well kept. Nice variety at the breakfast. Especially pleased to find cooked oatmeal--not instant! It was a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnCranGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel recently! We loved reading your positive comments and feedback concerning your stay with us! I am so happy to see that you were impressed by the quality of your stay and liked our oatmeal selection in the morning. I want to thank you for your feedback and will be sure to send along this glowing review to our staff. Thank you again! We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!
slippery rock, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I got very poor service from erica the service desk. I am %200 unsatisfied that I could not get my room cause the could not put a 126.00 hold on my card it would only take 116.00. I asked if put the other 10.00 on hold in cash and she said NO. It was my husband and I anniversary and we had scheduled massages for our room and I had to cancel all because of $10.00. I could not believe that i could not get my room even though I had cash to pay for it and she told me i could pay cash the next day. Like i stated before i am %200 unsatisfied how I was given service of a hotel that is to give %100 satisfaction to your customers. I also have not gotten my money back on my card even though i never stayed there. Would not recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnCranGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments and please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience at checkin. We appreciate that you chose to reserve a room with us as part of your anniversary celebration and would've loved to been able to extend to you both the exceptional customer service for which we are known. Unfortunately, the initial payment preference (as well as the additonal options discussed) didn't meet the payment policy requirements. We will continue to try to better communicate this type of information to potential guests prior to arrival, during the reservation process. More often that not, we are able to resolve issues and ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied. In this case, you did not stay with us and sorry to say we did not have the chance to show our true "Hamptonality". Again we apologize and hope to see you in the future.
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I travel for work and we typically always stay in a Hampton Inn. After staying in 5 different Hampton Inn's over the last week, I felt that my experience at this one was worth a review!

From the moment I walked in Erica and Jeff made us feel right at home, with enthusiasm. The continental breakfast was better than most Hampton's (fresh fruit, quality food). I would recommend staying at this if you are ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HamptonInnCranGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel recently! We love hearing back from our guests, and always love hearing when their stay with us exceeded their expectations. I am so happy that you enjoyed all that our hotel had to offer, and were impressed with the quality of service that greeted you upon your arrival. We hope you stay with us again soon! Thank you again!
Srinagar, India
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Jenna checked me in and was very friendly and nice. She recommended several good restaurants and places to visit while I was in town. Great asset to the hotel.

Rooms were clean but a lil small but good for a business trip. Breakfast was good but wish there were more options for people who dont eat pork... would stay here again but will go outside for breakfast.

The pool and fitness area was clean and opened early.

Room Tip: ask to get room on opposite side from highway to get a nice quiet sleep