“Bad travel experience turns into great customer service experience”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranberry
Montreal, Canada
“Bad travel experience turns into great customer service experience”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

It is one of those cases where your luggage does not make the connections and time. The next day of my arrival, the lady at the hotel desk at the time, Patty Conner, when she found out about my mishap offered help and provided me with tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant, razor and shaving cream. Before I left, she took my coordinates down and made sure I was contacted if the luggage show up which did and was done. Small things to some but beyond expectations to me.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HamptonInnCran, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranberry, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your most recent stay with us! A great stay begins and ends with a helpful and coutesy front desk staff. I am pleased to see you had experienced just that! Again, thank you for your response.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We are a family of five, with a two-month-old baby. The amenities such as the pool and workout rooms seemed great, although we did not use it. It is within close proximity to a lot of great shopping such as Best Buy, Costco, Barnes and Noble and more. It is also close to local good eats such as Primanti Bros. and Quaker Steak & Lube and even a Starbucks. However, we do have some complaints. My first impression of the hotel staff was a good one since I had three young children in tow, as soon as one of the staff members saw me, she immediately offered to help, which I appreciated. The breakfast in the morning was good. Seating was a little cramped but we managed fine.

Our complaint lies in the room we stayed in. It was supposedly "non-smoking" but this room just reeked of smoke. I am only now aware that we stayed on a smoking floor. All five of us are now suffering from inhaling this second-hand smoke all night, including the baby. There was no mention that the floor we stayed on is the smoking floor. To add, we probably would not have booked this hotel had we known since our middle child has asthma.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 4th floor if you do not want to be on a smoking floor. Unsure about the other flo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cilly28
Thank you for your time and detailed comments about our Hampton Inn. I do sincerely apologize for the second hand smoke you and your family inhaled. Your family was indeed assigned a non smoking room. Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff being so helpful. If you are every in the area again, please request a non smoking floor. We are happy to accomodate.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This Hampton Inn has all the good qualities of the chain, but there was too much noise to allow a good night's sleep: the Pennsylvania Turnpike in the back, noise in the parking lot (which may have been party-goers from the sports bar next door), and people out in the halls talking loudly late at night.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
HamptonInnCran, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranberry, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
We appreciate you sharing your disappointment with your recent stay regarding the turnpike noise. Please stay again soon so we may demonstrate our commitment to superior hospitality. Our goal is to ensure all guest have a pleasant stay at our Cranberry Township Hampton Inn. Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts about our hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 30, 2011

First visit to the area and stayed at a very nice Hampton Inn. Got 1st floor room, which I liked. Very comfortable king bed and also very usable accommodations within the room as for working area. They had a evening reception, which was a welcome treat in addition to the breakfast which was more than just doughnuts. All in all a very nice stay. Only wish one of the check in staff (one particular female) could have realized a smile wouldn't hurt when greeting the patrons. All the other staff was very pleasant!

Room Tip: I asked for ground floor away from the elevators, which I got. They also closed the doors at the en...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here 2 nights while we were visiting friends. The hotel was very nice, the king with a pullout is very small, not a double more like 3/4 sized bed and the room is quite tight. The breakfast was nice and had many options. The pool is small but enjoyed by my kids as was the hot tub. Close to restaurants and shopping. Highway close for drive into Pittsburgh and the museums. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. I felt the price was a little high but I guess it is to be expected with being so close to Pittsburgh. You did hear quite a bit of noise from the halls and other rooms showering and flushing the toilet.

Room Tip: non smoking rooms away from elevator
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HamptonInnCran, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranberry, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us! Based on your comments I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable experience with our staff. If you have any additional opinions or suggestions that you feel would help us improve your experience please contact us. We are committed to providing superior hospitality as well as accomodations and your thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I booked this hotel using HH points. The morning of my departure I received a phone call asking if I was interested in an upgrade. I originally booked a double double and on the phone they said they would upgrade us to king with a pullout sofa. The sofa seemed a bit small but that was not the problem. We checked into room 432 and when we opened the door, the room smelled like smoke. I called the front desk and they said that there were smoking rooms directly across the hall. I asked for another room and they said the hotel was sold out. At this point it was late and we went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning with a scratchy throat from the smoke. At breakfast, I went to the front desk and asked about the Hampton 100% guarantee since I really felt that the room was not up to standards. The front desk person said they would refund the points. It is now 10 days since we checked out and I have still not received a refund on my HH account. I called the middle of last week and they said the points were being processed.

Being a HH Diamond Member, I really expected a little more in the response from Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Stay away from the nonsmoking rooms across from the smoking rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HamptonInnCran, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranberry, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. It is with great regret that I learned of your unacceptable experience with us.

In the near future we will be updating our hotel to 100% non smoking. It is my hope that if you are in the Cranberry area again, you would consider staying with us to see the changes we will be implementing.
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I've been staying with this chain of hotels for over 4 years and I haven't been disappointed yet. Great stay, clean and comfy room, and located near several popular businesses. I'm staying now for my 2nd week and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I havent been to the front desk much and it was nice to arrive today and the front desk associate remembered me from the prior week. :)

• Stayed July 2011
HamptonInnCran, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranberry, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. Our staff strives to meet and exceed our guest needs. We are commited to providing superior hospitality as well as accommodations. Your kind words and thoughts are greatly appreciated.