“Wonderful stay!”

Residence Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township
Pennsylvania
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here two nights while visiting family in nearby Beaver Falls, and we enjoyed our time at the hotel.

The staff was by far the most friendly hotel staff I have encountered in a long time. The ladies working the front desk were very knowledgeable, and offered many ideas to enjoy both the hotel and the immediate area. The breakfast staff was also quite friendly, and engaged in nice conversations with us. Even the hotel cleaning staff and maintenance staff were very friendly and quite helpful in helping me find ice for our cooler before we checked out.

The hotel amenities were very nice. The indoor pool area was very relaxing, having recently switched over to a saltwater filtration system. The hotel breakfast was very delicious with a nice choice of eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, oatmeal, pastries, waffles, yogurt, etc. We walked out of the hotel every day quite satisfied from breakfast.

Our room was also very clean and comfortable. The small kitchen area allowed for the opportunity to make our own food if needed. I only have two negative things about the room. Because this hotel allows pets, the upholstery on one of our sofas was very scratched as a pet had been digging into it. While not a showstopper for me, it could leave the impression that the furniture is old and outdated.

My only other problem with the room was the noise. The rooms are not very soundproof. Our room was located on the 3rd floor (out of 4 total). Because this hotel is in an area with many businesses, it often houses people traveling on business. Our last night, the person in the room above us must have had an early flight out of Pittsburgh, because he started packing at 4:00am, and we heard every noise in the room below him. We heard the 4:00am alarm clock, followed by a shower, dresser drawers sliding in/out, and just about every footstep sounded like thunder in our room. It certainly was a big interruption to my sleep. My suggestion is to ask for a room on the top floor to avoid such interruptions.

Overall, this hotel was a wonderful stay. I certainly would consider staying here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor for the most quiet accomodations.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Double-D-Sharp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Residence Inn Cranberry Twp has some of the most helpful staff. They are friendly and courteous and go the extra mile to make guests feel comfortable. We had a 2 bedroom suite for an overnight stay. Everything was clean and well-maintained. The breakfast in the morning had fantastic variety. All of the foods were fresh and presented well. The breakfast area was clean and the staff were very diligent about refreshing foods and cleaning tables. Great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We planned this one night stay to visit with our grandchildren who live in Cranberry. We also brought our niece and nephew with us. Being wintertime and finding out that our grandkids could visit and swim, without being guests themselves, was perfect. We all had so much fun. The front desk manager, John, was great and did everything he could to make sure we had all we needed. And he was wonderful with the kids. That's a lot considering 6 of them were young teens and well, acting like young teens can act. They loved him! The lady working the pool area just never stopped....with all of us and the other guests that were there, it was packed. But she too did all she could, making sure the area was clean, picked up and safe! Maybe its just me, but I've never known other hotels that had a pool attendant in the area the whole time guests were present. And did I mention that the hotel provided a DVD player that we could take to our room and a very large selection of DVD's the kids could watch? Everything and everyone made it a wonderful "family experience"! Thank you Residence Inn.

Room Tip: The suites have a bedroom that is totally separate/private from the living and kitchen area. Studio...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan and Cathy D
Des Peres, Missouri
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Loved our 2 bedroom suite. Clean and well furnished. Room had a gas fireplace, which was nice in the sitting area. Friendly staff. Great pool. Pretty good breakfast. Definitely would return if in the area. The only downside was how slow the wifi is, just crawled.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank aanne839
MGRRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I sure am very happy that you enjoyed staying here while travelling. We are in the process of getting ready to upgrade our internet so if you return, that will not be a problem again. Thank you for staying with us!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We realized that we wouldn't be able to get to Philadelphia because of the weather, so we called ahead to the pet-friendly hotels in Pittsburgh. The woman booked us a room, and I made sure they were pet-friendly because we were traveling with our cat. She didn't tell us anything about a pet fee. We arrive, somewhat late because of the snow, and the man on duty told us it would be an extra $70 non-refundable for the night. I told him that the woman said nothing about a pet-fee on the phone, and he stood there to argue with me about it! "I know the person who made this and she would DEFINITELY have told you about the fee." No sir, she did not, and there are far more hotels in the area that we could stay at for cheaper and don't require a pet fee. We left immediately and I will NEVER stay somewhere like that again. Tip #1Don't lie to a customer. Tip #2 Don't argue with a customer. From someone who worked hospitality for 7 years this place was all around bad service.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mechelle S
We want to apologize for the most unfortunate way you were treated at our hotel. You are correct that you should have been told about the pet fee as that is our policy to do so. I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am that you were argued with. Again, that is not our policy. Our goal is that every guest has a "Great Residence Inn Experience" from check-in to check-out. I have used this response as a learning tool with the front desk staff so that it never happens again. It was unfortunate that you had to be traveling in that weather and then not to be treated graciously is unacceptable. If you are travelling this way again, I hope you will give us another chance to show you what customer service is really about here.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Our family stayed here in early october 2013 when we moved to Pittsburgh (while we are looking for an apartment). We stayed more than a week (9 days), and I could say the hotel is excellent. They cleaned our room everyday without anything I could complaint. The room was spacious dan cozy with the fire place. All equipment was functional, with great amenities.
Other great things was free breakfast and a light dinner (sometimes burger or pasta), which is very nice.
The warm indoor pool was excellent (with a sauna and spa bath), since we arrived when the temperature is already cold in Pittsburgh. It was a great activity for me and my son, rather than only sitting and watching tv.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our hotel. We really appreciate the great comments. We are always happy to hear when we were able to make a stressful time in your life a little easier. I was also glad to hear you enjoyed the pool. Not only does it give you something to do, it helps our little ones use up a little energy!!!
Please visit us if you are travelling in this area in the future.
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have stayed here before and love the suites, hot tub, pool, and breakfast. Front desk is very welcoming and made us feel right at home. The only thing that I should have requested was a room NOT on the first floor. I was unaware of how loud it would be on the first floor, I really gave it no thought. I was awakened by the elevator several times, people coming in and slamming doors and yelling down the halls to each other at 2 a.m. I was a rough nights sleep to say the least. I hate to say that, I do like this hotel, but not the first floor.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor. It's just too noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GImomma
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay here at our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed all of our ammenities. I am sorry though that you did not get the best night sleep due to the noise. Unfortunately, the first floor can get noisy with people coming in and out. In the future make sure you request a higher floor when you make your reservation and then again at check-in. We will be more than happy to make sure you get a quieter room! We do appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us in the future.