“First visit”
Review of Millstream Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coudersport
Millstream Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Coudersport
Denver, Colorado
“First visit”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My first visit to the Millstream impressed me with the level of service in a remote location. I was in the new part of the hotel, but the old part looked just as nice. Large flat screen tv's, too many channels to use, refrigerators and microwaves in room. A limited hot breakfast, (scrambled eggs, hash browns and waffles) as well as yogurt and fruit is served in the morning is a nice touch. Also free cookies, popcorn and fountain pop is available all the time. All and all a nice, clean hotel. I would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Heidi33388

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Portville
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I recently had a business trip in the Coudersport area. I chose to stay at the Millstream Inn because of all the great things I had heard. I must stay they did NOT disapoint.
The rooms were very clean, staff wonderful and the hot breakfast was great. I know that most of the nicer hotels do have a professional come in like every 3 monthsfor pest control treatments. I am sure IF there were any bed bugs brought in by a guest or guests, that the problem has been taken care of. Guests are the ones who would be bringing them in to any hotel with them. As long as they are treated immediately than there shoud not be a problem. I will definately be staying at the Millstream Inn again on my next business trip. Keep up the good work! Thank you!

Room Tip: Free Soda, Brkfst, Internet, Long Distance
6 Thank SabreSterling
Lima, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband on the evening of Tuesday, June 21st. I was shocked to read the post about the bedbugs as my husband and I thought it was a nice hotel. I phoned the hotel on the 24th and spoke to a very nice young desk clerk who informed me it was true and that the oil men staying there had brought it to town that it was confined to one room and that they had an exterminator come in. She said if I wanted more info to call back on Saturday and talk to the cleaning person or during the week and speak to the manager. I phoned on Wednesday, the 29th and spoke to the manager (as she identified herself) and she told me the whole thing was a rumor and that they never had bedbugs. That the exterminators come in every 3 months. I asked then if all the information her own desk clerk employee had given me on Friday wasn't true and she said that is correct. I informed her we would never be staying at that hotel again and she ok thank you for calling maam and hung up. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

4 Thank notsohappy2011
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I arrived by myself, but left with bed bugs and was not informed that there was a problem and a friend who stayed in the room next door had the same problem. Clean up the bugs or I will not be returning.

5 Thank stefanied60974
Buffalo
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Had to make a last minute trip to Courdersport. The winter weather was bad so we decided to stay over for two nights. We were very pleased with our accomodations. The reception we received at the front desk was welcoming. Our room was very clean and had a refrigerator, microwave and good TV. Even had fresh made popcorn and cookies in the lobby (with a nice comfy couch and fireplace). Overall quiet however our second night we could here very clearly the guest in the next room. But, they were just taking and by the time we turned in they got quiet too. Breakfast is nice with cereals, bagels, donuts, juice. Nice touch. Everyone we dealt with from front desk to the pleasant housekeeping staff were helpful and friendly. Great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Maggiepie
Maryland
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I've stayed here 4 or 5 times over the last few years, most recently in Sept 2009. This is the nicest of the three area motels I've stayed in, and is more expensive than the others. Its probably the newest motel in the area. Everything was very, very clean and well-maintained. Very comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room was spacious. Furninshings were modern but pretty basic -- bed, desk, chair, sofa chair, couple dressers. Room had a small fridge and microwave, but no coffee pot (coffee was available in the lobby). Morning breakfast bar in the lobby was good. Theres a laundy room for guests which was very handy on long stays.

Even though the place was full, I found it to be very quiet. Its well back from busy Rt 6, and most rooms face the courtyard or adjacent properties.

On the most recent stay I was a non-smoker in a smoking room (only room they had left) so I wished the window would open, but there was no way to open it or get more ventalation -- even so it was pretty tolerable (probably due to good cleaning).

Some properties in the area give you more of the feel of being "in the woods" or at some resort, but this has a pretty basic motel feel to it, though a very nice one at that. There was a nice picnic area and barbeque out back, along with some walking trails and stream. The area is beautiful and scenic -- good for quiet getaways. Lots of parks and recreation areas within 20 or 30 minute drive.

Wired high-speed internet service was very speedy; the wireless worked fine but was a little slow. Theres a public computer in the lobby, though I did not use it.

They have a good website that will immediately let you see what rooms are available. Theres also a live "snow cam" webcam thats rather fun all year round.

Altogether quite excellent for what it is.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Sirius4565
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coudersport
Rough Cut Lodge
Rough Cut Lodge
#1 of 1 in Gaines
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
Oz's Homestay Bed and Breakfast

Been to Millstream Inn? Share your experiences!