“Hotel under construction”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis
Fleming Island, Florida
“Hotel under construction”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I was on business travel last week and stayed at this hotel. The location is ok if you are looking to stay somewhere close to the airport (approx. 3 miles from the airport). When I arrived I noticed several contractors walking around and as I walked in, I saw why. The lobby is a little messy due to the construction and the elevator floor has been ripped up. The room was ok. Nothing to really rave about. The only real complaint that I have is there was no hot water while I was there. I guess they had an issue with the hot water tank from the construction. I talked to the manager and told him that I didn't want to pay $200 a night for a room that didn't have hot water. They did fix it the next morning and gave me a discount on my room. That did make me feel a little better, but the cold shower was miserable!! I think this hotel will be ok when they are finished, but I would wait a month or so before I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ecmack2004
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Please accept my sincerest apology for the chilly start to the morning caused by the upgrade of our hot water heater. I am pleased to share that we have completed all of our renovations with exception of hanging the artwork and new attractive wood molding in our elevators this week. I am pleased to learn that our front desk associate acknowledged the defect and compensated you. Now that we are complete, I sincerely hope you have the opportunity to come back and enjoy the newest Starwood hotel in Pittsburgh!

Ellen Callas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'm a flight attendant so I stay at many hotels and my priority is to get a good night rest. This place is horrible. I'm sitting in my hotel right now, unable to sleep because they are drilling directly below me due to a major renovation. When I went down to the floor below I found construction crews renovating a public restroom (2nd floor where the gym is located.) When they are not drilling I hear an industrial vacuum cleaner that is cleaning up the debris. And, there is a private airport nearby and planes are taking off every 20mins and it sounds like they are coming through my window!!! I figured if I couldn't sleep I might as well let others know just what an inconvenience it is staying here. Oh, and if you think you might go down to the lobby for some peace and quiet, forget it. Renovation going on there too, and there is no air conditioning in the lobby or in the floor hallway. I feel like I'm in Puerto Rico. Good luck if you decide to stay here. The reviews stated they would be finished renovation in mid August but I'm here today, and its September 1st. They are nowhere near done. At your own risk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TSPAtlanta
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Please accept my heartfelt apology for the inconvenience you endured during your recent stay. I am so sorry to learn that the renovation noise caused you discomfort from sleeping during the day. While we did expect to have the renovation complete by mid August, we did encounter some delays in delivery of finishes. Currently, our last ten rooms will be completed by the end of this week as well as the decorative tile work in the lobby. We very excited about the pace of the renovation and expect that all renovation work will be completed by next week.

I certainly hope your travel plans bring you back to Pittsburgh and you have the opportunity to experience the hotel in a perfectly renovated state.

Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Returned last night from an amazing weekend of sightseeing and shopping in Pittsburgh and the Sheraton was the perfect place to stay. Easily accessible off the highway, short drive to dining, shopping and downtown attractions. The bed was very comfy after being out all day and having a fridge to keep drinks and fruit cold was a nice addition. My friend left an expensive blazer in the closet and received a call this morning from Tim Kirk in housekeeping stating it would be mailed to him. That type of customer service speaks volumes to the type of staff this property employs and we will definitely make this hotel our home away from home our next trip to Pittsburgh. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. I am thrilled you found the hotel a perfect location, nearby to the many sightseeing attractions in Pittsburgh! I am also delighted to learn that Tim was able to locate and return your blazer.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. I am so pleased that we exceeded your expectations for customer service.

Regards,

Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed 1 night at the hotel during a visit to pittsburgh.The hotel is very close to the airport ,which was very convienant for me and my Family.I found everyone at the hotel extremely friendly and helpful.We ordered room service the night we checked in and everything was well presented and tasteful.We also had breakfast in the club lounge and appreciated the kind and friendly service.Thank you Gary lee and staff

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed visit and your encounter with Gary in our Sheraton Club. I am happy to share your comments with our entire team!

I hope your travels include a return visit to Pittsburgh in the near future and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton!

Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel lobby was still under heavy construction while we were there, but the staff accommodated us nicely. If you have a group that likes to hang out in the lobby/lobby bar etc you may want to stay away for another month or so, but we were just passing through like I suspect a lot of people are at an airport hotel just off the highway. For our purposes it was just fine. About 1/2 of the public spaces are done and look great. Our room was newly renovated and looked great, was very clean and comfortable. Standard Sheraton "Sweet Sleeper" beds make for a good nights sleep.

As a SPG Gold member we didn't get a room upgrade except to be on an SPG floor. They mentioned the club lounge was closed (not sure if it was renovations or just for the weekend) but they gave us breakfast coupons instead, a very nice touch. The breakfast was hot and cold items on a buffet and was very good. The breakfast room was a bit small and busy (side effect of the renovation for sure) but they definitely did their best. The manager was busy keeping tables cleaned off to be sure the next guests were accommodated and one could tell the manager and staff were very attentive to guest needs.

Parking was free and didn't have a problem finding a space although they were doing rolling closings of certain areas to redo the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and our team welcoming. We are just days away from finishing our large scale renovation and I am thrilled to share that our club lounge is now open 7 days a week! I hope you have the opportunity to return to the hotel and see our hotel 100% complete.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Angola
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was the last leg of 10 hotels in a 12 day trip. When I originally made the reservations thru Priceline, it was for the Crowne Plaza. They did not tell me at the time that not only was the hotel under major renovation, but that it had changed to a Sheraton. Imagine my surprise when I rechecked before we left for our trip and discovered this. I stared reading some of the reviews about the noise, and no where to park etc, and became very concerned. Priceline was of no help in answering my questions after a 45 minute wait on the phone, so I sent an e-mail to the Sheraton about my reservation concerns. Within 3 hours I received an e- mail response from the manager, Ellen Callas, addressing my concerns, and making me feel welcome and comfortable about my stay. Upon arrival, we found ample parking. All of the construction workers parked in the farthest lot, and were very courteous. The Staff greatest us warmly and made us feel so welcome you would hardly have noticed they were set up in a temporary area. Because it was our anniversary, we were upgraded to the concierge floor. Our room was brand new. Everything was perfect and modern. It was also VERY quiet. We could see the workers digging and drilling. We could see the cranes lifting the new air conditioning units, but the new windows are so thick,we could hear nothing. We had access to all day snacks and beverages, nice quality wine and appetizers in the eve. and delicious breakfast, served by very attentive staff. I loved the neon bathroom mirror..wow. The restaurant/bar was housed temporarily in what appeared to be a meeting room. It was noisy and busy, but the quality of the food was very good, and our server was so nice, we didn't even care. She saw on our portfolio that it was our anniversary, and soon everyone was wishing us congratulations. During this vacation we stayed at many wonderful hotels, but this Sheraton had the greatest staff of all. SO Friendly and nice. We were greeted by our name every time we arrived or exited. By the time we checked out, this staff almost felt like family. Thank you for your fantastic staff, they are tops in customer service. We highly recommend a stay at this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angolalinny
Congratulations again on your anniversary! I am so pleased that you had a great experience after what was a whirlwind vacation. I am so happy to learn that you encountered so many associates who were friendly and welcoming. I am also delighted to hear that you found our newly renovated rooms comforable and well appointed. I certainly hope we have the opportunity see you next August to celebrate your anniversary.

Thanks again,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel is under construction - wires, insulation, dry walls are being put on. Workers are on site doing construction. This was a crowne plaza hotel, just rebranded as Sheraton. Stay away from this place. If you ended up getting booked into this through Priceline, forfeit the money, and book something else that you can see the hotel name first.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place