“Decent nights sleep - remodel in progress”

Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coraopolis
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Room was clean, bed good, slept well.

Friendly. Shuttle from airport was timely.

Construction going on, remodeling facility.

Room had been recently redone, but the reused the counter tops. Not a big deal. HVAC worked well!

I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ClickTheGeek
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am so pleased to learn that you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and well appointed. You are correct that the only not replaced in the guest rooms was our granite countertop but everything else, a total transformation in feel and function. Our public space is just completing its renovation this month, adding a lovely well appointed lobby and new restaurant. I hope you can return in the near future to see our completed hotel.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The beds are awesome! The hotel is under renovations in lobby area and hopefully the elevators, but the rooms.... Wow! Beautiful! Pillows, bedding, amenities are great. Pull the shade down for total darkness. Very good rest.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank FlyMom10

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our award winning Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds - they are amazing!

Thanks for sharing your feedback as well about our convenience to the interstate and our international airport.

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We fly out of Pittsburgh Airport on a regular basis because airfare is a much better value - especially when traveling to the South. We were headed to New Orleans for a full week.

I wish we'd been able to spend more time in this room. The beds were so comfortable! The hotel is still under renovation, but most of the rooms have been completed. The room was very spacious, and very well appointed. It is readily apparent that quality materials are being used for this renovation.

I booked this property online at the last minute (EARLY flight, I drove to the hotel the evening before), and received a GREAT RATE plus I was able to use a discount code and saved even more. Those few short hours in the room were worth every penny. I would gladly return for a full night's rest.

The location is good - right off the Interstate. I just wish the State of Pennsylvania would light its highways. I had to 'feel my way' to the property - and I'm a regular road tripper. What should have been a two hour ride was closer to three because the turnpike and 376 were so dark.

Room Tip: If you have an early flight, request an updated room close to the elevator. Makes for a faster chec...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Janice0801
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and well appointed. I am also pleased to learn that you found our new Sweet Sleeper beds extremely comfortable.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you return to the Pittsburgh area.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

originally booked as crowne plaza through priceline, but sheraton honored the reservation.

as you can see from all the reviews, the property is under renovation.
the main part of the lobby and check in area is complete, but in early may, the rest of the ground floor was still being worked on.
i was on top floor, which has some added amenities, like a complimentary lounge with light breakfast and nighttime receptions, along with coffee and drinks.

rooms were redone nicely with great funrinture. this room has the most electrical plugs i have seen in a room before. both regular plugs and usb connections - a very modern approach.

hotel has shuttle - did not use b/c i had a car.

not much around the hotel - nothing walking distance, no stores or restaurants.
easy to get to from airport but is on the back side, so it is a 10-15 min drive.

very nice remodeled fitness center.

indications of remodling all over teh place - but notthing that ever got in my way or was of any concern.

for the price i paid, excellent, but will be a nice buy even after renovations are complete.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marieatta_pman

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to learn that you found our newly renovated hotel rooms comfortable and modern. We are at the tail end of our renovation with our lobby and restaurant being the last phase of our full renovation. I certainly hope we have the opportunityt to welcome you back in the very near future to see first hand the wonderful completion of our renovated hotel.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had booked the property for a park & stay when it was the Crowne Plaza. I appreciate that the Sheraton honored our reservation.

The hotel is older and in the midst of rennovations. It's about as close as you can get to PIT without staying at the Hyatt located near other properties.

We arrived on a Saturday and found parking to be extremely limited due to a wedding but managed to find a spot in far corner of the lot. It would be nice if the hotel would've designated a specific area guests vs wedding attendees.

We had booked a room on the executive floor hoping for a quiet night's sleep. Unfortunately, wedding guests surrounded our room and they kept the party going until shortly before we needed to catch the first shuttle. I suggest that the hotel take more care to block the rooms by floor so as not to inconvenience other guests as the Marriott did in our recent stay.

The common areas of the hotel are under construction and I do hope something is done with the elevators. I'm sure they were safe but looked so run down during our visit. Our room was rennovated in a crisp modern make-over, very nice.

Once the rennovations are complete, we would consider it again if the price was right.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keisha99
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am sorry to learn that your room was not as quite as you needed for a perfect night sleep. I have shared your feedback with our Front Desk team so that take more care in pre-assigning rooms. Thank you for letting us know so that we can ensure that it does not recur.

I am pleased that you liked our newly renovated rooms. Our Restaurant, lobby and the elevators are the last of the items to be completed. We certainly hope you have the opportunity to return to the hotel and see the stunning renovation once we are completed by August.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

As others have noted, the hotel is in the process of conversion from Crowne Plaza to Sheraton. We actually ended up here by accident, having stayed several years ago in another Sheraton near the airport--which we really liked, and which we thought was the same hotel. The room was very nice, and clean,though the air-conditioning was much too loud. We were on the club level, which meant very little. For the extra we got a free snack bar to munch on and, from the regular coffee maker, cold coffee. I did, however, activate the Jura espresso/coffee machine, and got a more than satisfactory product.

Parking was a bit of an issue, since there was a very large wedding party going on as we arrived.

The restaurant/bar was simply a converted conference room to be used during the construction and was far too plain and small to suit its purpose. I think there were 7 or 8 seats at the bar--all occupied--and a room filled with unoccupied tables. We went elsewhere. I'm sure the hotel will be fine one day. Do yourselves a favor, though, and give it a little time before you give it a try.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport. We are finally nearing the end of our multi million dollar renovation. In the next 5 weeks, our new Link@Sheraton cafe will open with a beautiful lounge, dining area and a large Sheraton Link. We will be fully completed by mid August and I certainly hope you have the opportunity to return and see all the improvements we made.

Thank you again for providing your feedback.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We arrived at midnight after a long plane ride from the left coast. Exhausted, we thought we were going to have a good night sleep. However, the toilet didnt work and when flushed it spewed water out the back all over the floor. We were not offered another room, instead they offered to send a workman up to correct the problem......at midnight with three little kids? I don't think so. We turned the water to the toilet off and went to bed.

The next morning, we had the continental breakfast which was far from appetizing and cost us $100.00 for 7 people, and left for the rest of our " family vacation".

Two room reservations had been made 6 months in advance, but had we not called two weeks prior to our arrival we would not have even had a single room as they not did not have our reservation. We found out only then that it had been purchased by the Sheraton, but there was no confirmation of our having already paid for our lodging and no mention of major ongoing construction. Luckily we had the confirmation number from the former owner and the Sheraton did honor our confirmation number.

With uncomfortable beds, unaccommodating room situation and barely edible, expensive breakfast, an elevator that threatened putting us on the ground floor when we pushed level 9, we will not return.

Room Tip: Until this hotel is completely renovated by Sheraton, don't bother staying there.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ruth S

I am terribly sadden to learn that your stay was not an enjoyable stay. Please accept my heartfelt apology for the experience you endured. I am truly sorry to learn that beyond the inconvenience of our renovation, you did not enjoy our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. I will be certain to share your feedback with our entire management team so that your experience is not repeated.

I appreciate you letting us know of your concerns so we can ensure we correct the issues you encountered so they do not recur.

Ellen Callas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 11 in Coraopolis
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!