“Miserable Stay”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Coraopolis
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Miserable Stay”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A coworker insisted that we stay here to save some money, there was about a $20 difference between Comfort Suites and some of the other places in the area.
The parking lot is way too small. The front desk receptionist that greeted us was rude and was not very helpful. The room that I was in looked like it had been remodeled but they had cut every corner to save a buck. I really thought I had seen everything that people could do to cut a corner but the picture I have of the lamps is ridiculous. Instead of wiring in a lamp they simply cut a hole in the wall and ran the cord to the outlet. When I first saw the cord running behind the night stand and did not see an alarm clock I thought there was something going on, a hidden camera, the room next to me did not have enough outlets, but not that they mounted a lamp and cut a hole in the wall for it. There were glue marks on the wallpaper where pictures or mirror use to be. The carpet did not look very clean. There was an old dirty sweater left in the dresser that the TV was on. The bed was not very comfortable and I did not care for the half size pillows. It looked like whoever cleaned the shower only turned it on and sprayed bleach.
I thought for the amount of money that I paid per night that breakfast would be decent. It was your typical budget hotel breakfast, cereal, mini muffins, Belgium waffles, mystery eggs and bacon.

Room Tip: Don't be a cheap, go spend a few dollars more and stay somewhere nicer. But if you do stay try t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have stayed at this Comfort Suites a couple of times before so we thought we would stay here on our return visit.
We were a little more than disappointed. The room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom could have used a little work. The remote needed the batteries replaced. It was after midnight when we arrived from the airport so it was a too late to call desk for that. It was a little noisy the next morning.
We were totally disappointed with the breakfast. It was only 9:15 and there was hardly anything left to eat. The eggs were dry beyond eating. Just a couple of pastries were there. The kitchen lady started putting all of it away by 9:30. It was supposed to be open till 1000. I am not sure if we will stay there again. We wished we would have gone out for breakfast if we had not been meeting someone for lunch. For the price, the stay was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Unless they improve some of these problems, I would find somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Derry, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a great hotel if you have a early flight at the Pittsburgh Airport. We stay here often.
The rooms are clean. Only problem we had that twice we asked for a wake up call but never got it. It did not matter to us cause we also use our phone for a wake up call. Other than that, the people are really nice here and the rooms are excellent.

Room Tip: Stay here if you are going to fly.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Still staying at Comfort Inns despite one bad experience.

Once I found it, road closures and a sign hidden by shrubbery I found the usual things.

Nice large and clean room and friendly staff. Better breakfast area than usual being larger with more tables. Plenty of parking and good restaurants near by.

Quite good location for airport being about 15 minutes away.

Would recommend it

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd floor. I wanted to sleep in and cleaners above me sounded like my plane had come to hot...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I didn't have any issues with the hotel or its condition. I thought the room was very good and comfortable and that the hotel pool was a bonus (though it was mid-winter, and it was hard to determine that it was open). The morning breakfast was simple and acceptable, basically a good stay for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Staff great, but needs renovating badly, pool is disgusting wouldn't get in. Gym is 1 running machine thats out of order, 1 cross trainer no power so no functions. Business centre computer out of order! AC is noisy and smelly.

Stayed August 2013
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our room was clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The staff were pleasant, and the breakfast provided was very good. We slept well. A trailhead for the Montour Trail, that ultimately connects to the Great Allegheny Passage, is only about a mile or so from the hotel. It made a great evening walk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Walking_owl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport South-Robinson Mall
MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport
Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!