We often stay at Embassy Suites and are usually very satisfied. Unfortunately, this time was a big disappointment. So many issues...
1. The pool was host to a couple of large groups of pre-teen girls (parties maybe?) They totally took over the entire pool, giggling and screeching, jumping into the pool in groups of 6 or 7 at a time, and constantly going in and out of the door to the Jacuzzi, blowing icy cold blasts into the pool area. Which leads me to the next point…
2. The Jacuzzi is located OUTSIDE! If you’re going to put a Jacuzzi outdoors in Pittsburgh, it needs to be closed during the cold weather. This is extremely poor planning.
3. We ate at the Bridges Restaurant. There was our group of 6 and another group of about 10 people eating at the time. We were there for an hour and a half! For simple food (burgers, pasta, etc.) A few times we spotted the 4 waiters standing around talking, looking bored. Our waiter was nice enough but the service was way too slow. Also, the calamari sticks looks (and tasted) like frozen fish sticks. Remove these from the menu ASAP, please.
4. The hallways were littered with room service items as well as pizza boxes and food containers outside of room doors. These items were outside the doors all night. They were there when we went to the pool at 7pm, when we went to dinner at 9pm, when we retired to our room at 10:45pm and when we got up and went down to breakfast at 9am the next day.
5. Speaking of breakfast, this is another example of the poor planning in this hotel. There was not one table available when we went down to breakfast. Not one. There were people sitting on planters and on the floor. The worst part was, there is a whole area outside of the ballrooms that is totally empty. The Embassy Suites in Chicago looks very similar to this one and they utilize that space for tables and chairs during the breakfast service. Why doesn’t this hotel do the same?
6. Breakfast is a disaster. They were out of silverware, out of cups, out of many food items. The cereal was down to crumbs. They were using Styrofoam cups (shame on you!) I guess because they couldn’t keep the crockery stocked. There were dirty dishes piled up on the planters and retaining walls and the floor and tables were disgusting. See my photos. Obviously staffing is an issue because I saw only 1 woman bussing tables and for the number of guests, this is an insufficient amount of help.
7. The lobby is tiny. There are two sofas and a little computer desk. For the capacity of this hotel, there should be a much larger lobby.
8. The manager’s reception was tucked away into some back room. We followed a maze of signs directing us back through the bar into the small meeting room where they had some tired old snacks laid out and no one tending bar.
So those are my complaints. The good points:
1. The suite itself was very clean and nicely appointed. As HHonors members we were left a few complimentary snacks and bottles of water, which was a nice perk.
2. The pool temp was good and the Koi pond was very appealing to my children.
3. The front desk staff was professional and friendly.
So I don’t think we will ever stay at this hotel again. It just doesn’t measure up to the usual Embassy Suites standards. Too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Pittsburgh - International Airport is a full service, airport hotel featuring complimentary airport shuttle and parking, two-room suites with wet bars, microwaves, coffeemakers and mini-refrigerators, all including free cooked-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception, and access to our fitness center, heated indoor pool and outdoor whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Coraopolis
- Coraopolis Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Hotel Pittsburgh