“Convenient two-room suite with attractive indoor Koi trout pond”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Coraopolis
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed three nights over the Easter Sunday weekend. It was such a nice treat for our whole family. The two-room suite makes it convenient for us to have separate living space between adults and kids. There are two TVs, one is in the bedroom, another one is in the living room. We used the microwave and fridge to prepare and store our toddler food. The room size is decent, although the double bed seem a little smaller. But the mattress is soft and the bedding is comfortable. The room is pretty quiet. We were not bothered by the occasional take-off and landing of the airplanes nearby at all. My toddler enjoyed the fish pond very much. She even had a chance to feed the fish once. The breakfast is great with many hot staff. We only tried once with manager's nightly reception. The drink is average. The nice part is they even prepare kids' drink, which is great. We used indoor pool at night. My kids love it. One night it may be a little crowded. The other night there is no one but us. Overall, it is a great experience for us. We strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: The top floors away from atrium may be better for light sleepers.
1  Thank NJmom_2kids

Reviewed March 23, 2013

i was excited to see an Embassy Suites near the PIT airport and chose to stay there for business because it was an Embassy Suites. Unfortunately this location and stay did not live up to expectations. While the facility itself is unconventional looking, it is attractive. The problem has to do more with the choice of room design and layout and some gaps in guest services and complimentary dining.

First there are very few rooms built with bath tubs. This is a shock to me being that the facility is up north but I've heard of other hotel facilities building shower only rooms. It's a hotel design choice but a poor one to me. Nonetheless I did get one of the few rooms with a tub on my 2nd day.

The room design was interesting; it had high and I mean very high ceilings. Too me the height was wasted space and added nothing to the room aesthetics. It also caused a practical problem because the room was cold. In fact the heat needed to be kept on 80+ to keep the room comfortable. Another design decision were the extra large windows. In theory is no problem but these were poorly insulated windows that only added to the temperature control issues.

The most disturbing part of the visit however was the extremely poor housekeeping service. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the US and overseas and this by far was the worst housekeeping experience I've ever had. They never wiped the counter spaces down. And things that were left out as obvious trash (in some cases left on the floor) were still there later in the evening when I returned to the room. This is wholly unacceptable. You have to clean all areas, counters, tub, sinks and remove the trash. It's basic.

A couple other issues was the noise (ground room floor); poor breakfast selections (no made to order pancakes or french toast and no grits); and confusion with the breakfast / manager's reception card. The last item should have been covered in detail when I arrived.

Room Tip: Stay in corner suites or on the higher floors. The restaurant food was tasty just be aware of the ra...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FmrEngr2Phd
caroldara, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping and other problems you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we know our guests deserve better. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Embassy Suites is always popular with my family of four, and our entire hockey team. The wonderful free breakfasts and the manager's evening reception keep us coming back, as well as the suites and very comfy beds (I do wish they were bigger). I just wish there was a standard for the snacks served at these evening receptions -- we always make sure our daily schedule on vacation includes returning to the hotel for the manager's reception but depending on the hotel, the quality and variety differs greatly. This Embassy Suites is a gorgeous facility that is wonderful to relax in and return to after a day at the arena and/or shopping. The staff were helpful. The rooms were clean and roomy. The bathroom clean and nice looking. Pool area was very nice and the outdoor hot tub in a hail storm lots of fun. The business centre was a godsend when I needed to print Penguins tickets online. Would definitely stay here again when in town.

1  Thank Carol773
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stay at this hotel when we go to see our handicapped daughter who lives in a home near this hotel. The employees are very friendly and answer any questions. The bed is like our bed at home. I used to take my own pillow no matter where we went (even took it to Hawaii) but do not need to take it here (or any Hilton hotel). I really like that the bedroom is separate ( has a door) from the sofa area. Some nights I wake up at 3 or 4 am and can't get back to sleep. With the bedroom separate I can go to the sofa area and watch TV without disturbing my husband. The mini refrigerator elimates the need to take a cooler to keep our water cold

Room Tip: this hotel has many weddings, reunions,etc. so ask for a room where it is queit
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaye S
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Based on the hotel only it was nice, the rooms were clean, beds comfortable, roomy enough. I would stay again based on this.

Not so great things - no parking available when we came back from dinner. Circled around for 15 min b/f parking on sidewalk on the side. Went into the hotel to ask where to park and had maybe 10 people complaining inside the hotel of the same thing. At first a rude older lady said they would tow our cars. 0_0 Not really customer service I expected from embassy suites. Finally a manager said just park wherever we could as long as it wasn't blocking a car.

Because of a function at the hotel (which is why there was no parking) they moved the manager reception that evening elsewhere. The drinks were just awful and the girl admitted she didn't know how to make drinks. :) They were free so can't really complain right?

The pool was packed at 6pm. I counted 37 kids not including our group. But the kids seemed to enjoy even though it was packed!

Breakfast was ok, the tables were dirty, not cleared off fast enough and I saw some families waiting to sit b/c the tables were all full. Omelets were awesome, other then that a buffet you would expect from a holiday inn! No bacon, just sausage.

Maybe our experience wasn't the greatest because it was fully booked. However, just judging on the room alone, we would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
caroldara, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are very sorry for the inconveniences you and your family experienced while staying with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review will help us accomplish that. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here with several other families for a local event. The individual checking us in was highly impersonal and borderline rude. This was also the opinion of other people we stayed with who checked in at other times of the day. She also gave us incorrect information regarding breakfast times which really screwed up our morning.....I know it sounds like a trivial matter, but when you have to be somewhere with kids early in the morning you need to schedule accordingly. The rest of the staff was fine and I did see a maintenance gentleman grab luggage from an older guest and help them to their room. The rooms were OK and clean. They seemed a little tighter than other Embassy's I've stayed in, but that could be my imagination. The bed room was like sleeping in a vault. Very quiet and the beds were pretty comfortable. The breakfast selection was OK, but not really a step up from any other hotel chain except for the omelette station. I like Embassy's, but this one just doesn't seem to have the bang for the buck.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
caroldara, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inexcusable level of service you received. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great hotel and service. Love the waterfall and trout stream in the lobby atrium . Rooms are spacious ,clean and modern . Had dinner at the hotels Bridges Restuarant ,the Scallop and lobster entree was outstanding ! All service personnel encountered were attentive and very friendly .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fallingwaters2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 11 in Coraopolis

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport? Share your experiences!