Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis
bigolepig
“Clean, Quiet...Nice”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed two nights at this hotel. Rooms are nice sized, clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and courteous. Close to airport, ten minute drive to downtown (traffic permitting). Would stay here again if the need should arise.

3 Thank bigolepig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The Embassy Suites are located near Pittsburgh International Airport. There is a shuttle service that runs twice an hour and collects you outside Door 8 of the airport. It is about a ten minute ride to the hotel.

The lobby of the hotel was warm and welcoming. It had a bit of a rustic feel to it. There was a lovely water feature just outside the lobby. This forms a lovely backdrop to any photo shoot. The hotel is a favourite venue for weddings. There were two wedding receptions when I stayed there.

The suites represent good value for money. They are clean and spacious. The beds were extremely comfortable. I was in suite number 334 and this overlooked the front car park. The lounge area of the suite was cosy. The décor was modern – although I was not too keen on the brown colour theme. There was a microwave oven, a mini fridge and a kitchen sink at one end of the lounge by the entrance to the bedroom. The bathroom had a walk in shower in addition to the washbasin and w.c.

There was a manager’s welcome reception held on the Saturday evening when I was there. This is a nice idea to encourage guests to socialise - and you get free drinks, crisps and crudities with dips. Not many guests attended, as I guess that most were attending the wedding receptions.

There is a restaurant that serves dishes from the a la carte menu. For starters, I had the calamari which was a bit of a let down – but top marks to the waiter for deducting half the cost of the dish from the final bill. I enjoyed a main course of prawns and penne pasta in tomato chilli sauce – even though it was a bit fiery.

You need to go early for breakfast as it can get very busy. The queues for the omelettes can get very long. There is a fair selection of hot items in the buffet.

The Embassy Suites represents good value for money and are located within easy reach of the airport. I would recommend this hotel to those who need to be near the airport for example to catch early morning flights; or those who wish to have a weekend retreat to recharge themselves.

MAZ MANNAN 29th August 2011.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mazmannan
Toledo, OH
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed one night. It was a nice hotel. I was able to get the last room available so I was lucky. Rooms were clean and well maintained. There is no noise problems from the airport. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Toronto Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Decent hotel, very good breakfast (included) selection although would have been good to have some healthy choices (i.e. turkey bacon). Made to order omelet station was a positive. Fitness center and indoor pool were nice.

Our room was a little tight and the bathroom just okay. Beds were comfortable. Front desk was very helpful with suggestions.

Overall we would likely visit again.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Our family (2 grandparents, 2 parents and 2 grandchildren) spent a weekend at this Embassy Suites. All three generations LOVED it here. Beautiful, large 3.5 star accomodations with great amenities. Our grandkids loved the indoor pool as well as the beautiful atrium off the main lobby which included a water feature filled with large colorful trout. The adults enjoyed the nightly, complimentary "manager's reception" which included your choice of drink (both hard and soft as well as beer and wine) as well as light snacks. And all of us were very impressed with again, a complimentary, "cooked-to-order" breakfast - including omelets, meats, fruit, breads, pastries and coffee and juices. I may add that along with all of these wonderful amentities, the rooms themselves were lovely and spacious. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and we had no complaints or problems whatsoever. We highly recommend this Embassy Suites and if we ever are in the area again, we will not hesitate to book our rooms with them again!

Room Tip: They offer smoking as well as non-smoking rooms...request your preference
2 Thank Patricia F
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were on our way back from our week long vacation in Myrtle Beach. I booked this hotel via hotwire. Staff was friendly enough on check-in until they checked and found out that we booked via hotwire. We had 7 people in the party 4 adults and 3 kids and were given 2 suites. Each suite had 1 king bed and a pull out couch. The pull out couch is HORRIBLE. I dare any one of the Hilton and Embassy Suite management staff to sleep on those pain racks for a night and see if their backs are not totally messed up. My mother unfortunately slept with one of our kids in their pull out (as my daughter was sick) and her back has not been right since. I had the unfortunate luck of the draw to sleep on the pull out in our room and it was horrid. After driving for 11.5 hours I was hoping for a good nights sleep but no chance of that with a metal bar squarely in my back/shoulder blades. My back killed for a week afterward and my mother is over 70+ years old. I tried to talk to the manager on duty Dave in the morning about this situation and he shuffed me off. He told me that he would refer the matter to the GM Tom Spoto who was supposed to call me back the next business day. To this day I have not heard from this man. I opened a Hilton guest file on July 21 and one of the customer reps there said someone from the hotel would get back to me and to this day no one has. I have tried phoning and emails to no avail. Pretty shabby customer service from both the Embassy suites hotel and Hilton in general. They shouldn't be farming out to hotwire if they don't want to be bothered with people using the service. Regardless of the price or the method, we paid to stay in the hotel and expected to be treated like a Hilton/Embassy suite customer. Apparently this hotel has gone through a lot of renovations, but they should have spent a little more money on their sleep accomodations in the pull out beds. Dave the night time manager when we checked in lied to me when I asked him if there were double bed suites in the hotel to accomodate the number of people we had in actual beds. He told me they were only for people with physical disabilities. This is not what they have advertised on their website. The hotel was noisy all night from a wedding being held there (which were in other Trip Advisor reviews). The pool area was filthy and no clean towels were available. The only decent thing there at the hotel was the breakfast and the waffle lady who was really nice. Absolutely horrible experience and leaves a bitter taste in our mouths with what was otherwise a wonderful week long family vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Oakvillemercs
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The property was clean and well kept on the outside. The lobby was very nice and the interior on the main floor had a rain forest feel. It included koi, a waterfall, bridge, and stream. The room was very nice too. The bed was quite comfortable and I really appreciated the suite styte.

During my stay the group and I ate breakfast, a lunch and dinners. The food was not of the same quality as the property and I felt it was disappointing in spots. By comparrison, Hampton Inns have a great breakfast with much less of an "out of the can" feel. I ate 2 dinners there and it seemed as if the menu was a slight rearrangement between the first and second night.

The front desk was great and very friendly. The rest of the staff I had contact with looked as if working there was a painful experience, which at times left an unprofessional impression.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 12 in Coraopolis
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport? Share your experiences!