“Mario's is one fine eatery!”

Marios Family Italian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Coraopolis
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mario's is a touch of Italy in Moon Township! Dine in, Take out, Full Bar, Daily Features, Event Center, Catering! Casual Elegance, Relaxed Atmosphere, Quality Food, Quality Service! Northern Italian Cuisine, Open 1971 Customers Are Our Pleasure! Reservations Accepted. Open Monday-Saturday at 5:00. Event Center Day Time for Groups of 30 or More Located Just Outside Pittsburgh, Close to Pittsburgh International Airport, Close to Robert Morris University, Close to Many Great Hotels in the Area, Many Hotels Offer Shuttle Service, Wheel Chair Accessible, Accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express
Corning, New York, United States
“Mario's is one fine eatery!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Friday night before my family reunion, my family drove in from Indiana and I picked a restaurant using a Google search. I hit the jackpot with Mario's! I called them at 5 PM and asked if they could accommodate 11 people at 7PM. I expected a snort of disbelief, but she said 'hold the line", and came back and said that she could. Wow. When we arrived, I expected the restaurant to be empty, but it was full, and our table was set up. The meals were wonderful - I had hand-filled sacchetti, and the fillings were exquisite. The prices were great, too. This is a gem of a restaurant hiding in a little shopping plaza. I'll bet the locals know all about it, and now so do I.

• Visited July 2013

Spring, TX
“Surprise find”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The people at the front desk of our hotel recommended Marios for dinner our first night in Pittsburgh and we thank them for it. This is a very good family type Italian restaurant with the most friendly hostess and wait staff you could ask for. Our salads were crisp and fresh and the entrees were delish. However, they saved the best for last. I had a cannoli and it was the best I've every had. Freshly filled with cream and drizzled with chocolate. Give it a try.

“Very Good Italian”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We have family that live in this area so we wanted to take them somewhere that was a local joint verses a chain. The service was friendly. We were immediately seated. We enjoyed some wine and the antipasta of meats, cheeses, roasted red peppers, and marinated mushrooms, as well as the warm rolls topped with garlic chunks and a butter sauce. I tried the chicken Marsala, a canoli, and tasted some of the tiramasu, and the chocolate cake; all were great. Everyone else at our table enjoyed their entrees, too. The bill did surprise me by being about $150 with tip for the four of us but that total included an appetizer, three salads, four entrees, one side, four desserts, and five glasses of wine. If I am ever back in this area, I would consider going here again.

• Visited June 2013
“Ravens Fan in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Being a Ravens fan it is hard to be objective while visiting the Steeler's Nation but here is the exception.

I ate at the bar. Tracy couldn't have been nicer. The food was very good not Little Italy in Baltimore but not far off. The selection was great and the pasta portions are huge. This is worth a trip you won't be disappointed. I will come back here the next time I am staying close to the airport. Try their garlic rolls. If you like garlic these are the bomb. If no to garlic Ask for plain bread. Great food at a great price with super sized pasta portions

• Visited June 2013
“Wish I found it sooner.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

In an area of limited choices this place is a standout. It's a super short drive from the hotels on University and actually walkable from some if you cut through the high school campus. Staff is attentive and appears to be family. Food is tasty and served up promptly. I would return.

• Visited April 2013