“Not worth the Money”

Ranked #54 of 75 Restaurants in Coraopolis
salem wv
“Not worth the Money”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We Saw this on triple D's. I grew up in MA and had homemade pasta all the time. I was really looking forward to the Gnoochis it is my favorite. We got there at 4 when they opened and the first thing I was told they ran out of Gnoochi. How do you run out when there is no one else in the place. First Clue to leave. I decided on the ravioli you only get 5 with a small and 6 for a large for 3 dollars more. The salads have not changed since first review I read. We drove over 2 hrs to go here and like the other person said the best thing about the trip was our desert at another restaruant.

• Visited February 2011
4 Thank meekster90

Pittsburgh, PA
“Food was good, but wouldn't go out of my way to go again soon.”
Reviewed January 17, 2011

My husband saw the episode where they were on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives so he wanted to go there for his birthday. The homemade gnocchi and ravioli were great!! But I wasn't a huge fan of the sauce. It was a little too plain for me - I like chunks of stuff in my sauce. And I love a really good bread with my pasta. Theirs was something I could have purchased at the grocery store.

• Visited January 2011
Columbus, Ohio
“Worst dining EVER”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Ran out of spaghetti! Seriously, took almost 2 hours to tell us and then served soggy boxed rigatoni. They were also "out of " meat sauce, and "didn't make" several other items that were on the menu. We had a reservation for a large party we were the ONLY people in the place and the service especially the owner were rude, unprepared, and inept. They added more than 20% tip to my already outrageous bill (almost $2 for one CAN of soda)and went crazy saying I did not pay when I deducted the tip amount. My young (very hungry) son waited almost 2hours for water logged rigatoni (he had order spaghetti). All food and service were deplorable. AVOID this place the 7-11 around the corner would be a better choice

Visited January 2011
3 Thank Fiveinthree
Ladd, Illinois
“Changed since Guy visited for sure !!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We were there in Nov2010. Our first clue should have been only one other table of diners. Our pastas were not tasty at all. The salad was limp lettuce but at least very small sized anyway. Was this biz sold after the Food Network review????

We salvaged the night by going down the street to Junior's for dessert. Sure wish I had a chance to have checked this out on the Internet before going. Our friend who picked it knew I wanted to visit one of Guy's places so kept it as a surprise visit ...

1 Thank Sharon K
Baltimore, MD
“A Little Pricey for Really Good Pasta Sauce with Plastic Cups”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My family and I decided to eat here, since my wife is from Moon TWP and we saw this place highlighted on The Food Network. The menu is pretty limited and a little pricey, but the pasta sauce and meatballs did not disappoint.

However, the prices were a little high for the ambiance and being served drinks in plastic cups. I suppose the place is more set up as a carryout place.

The food was good enough, but don't think we'll be going back...

1 Thank Genghisdon