“Don't waste your time finding the place!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lobello's Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 77 Restaurants in Coraopolis
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went on a Thursday evening and we were the only ones there. Out of sausage and meatballs! Had the spaghetti and it tasted worse than spaghetti out of a can. Wouldn't recommend to any friends if they go to the Pittsburgh area. Just a lunchbox let down. Sorry Guy but you blew this one.

1  Thank Greg B

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am so torn in writing this review. I was really hoping to love this place. It's very close to my house, it looks like a classic joint (it totally reminds me of Louis' Restaurant in The Godfather on the outside), menu is simple and on and on...

Lobello's was featured on Guy "Fieri'"s show on Food Network a few years ago (don't call me "Ferry") where the meat ravioli was raved about. I was about to order that with a side of spicy sausage as my entree when our waitress told me about the special - Rigatoni Lobello. Rigatoni Lobello is rigatoni with spicy sausage and hot peppers. I was sold. My wife went with the meat ravioli.

This place is old school. Our food came with bread and little dinner salads in tiny chilled bowls. Adorable, I thought, we're off to a good start. My entree came out first, about 5 minutes ahead of my wife's.

The Rigatoni Lobello was amazing. Rigatoni cooked a perfect al dente, the hot peppers and sausage all wonderful together. No complaints about my dish - well, except for the price tag ... $16.95. I was not expecting that.

Now, on to the meat ravioli. This was such a huge bummer. The sauce was bland, the ravioli dough was thick, doughy, bland and overcooked. The meat filling was a tiny meatball and just a bit bland as well. The redeeming part of this dish was dipping it into the spicy sauce from my entree.

Total damage was $37 with the tip. This was just an expensive outing considering that only one of us really enjoyed our dinner entrees.

Unfortunately, I don't have much cause to return unless I know in advance that they are serving Rigatoni Lobello. Our waitress tells us that the specials are when the chef feels like it and that she hasn't seen Rigatoni Lobello for sale in a very long time.

6  Thank Jack L
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I live within walking distance and they used to have a sign advertising that they've been on the food network so I went in with my dad when he visited a few months ago. Worst idea ever.
The food is terrible. Their sauce is watery and tasteless. Their side salad was a joke-- something you get at a massive church dinner function. The pasta was overlooked. All of it was just terrible. I have no idea how the place is still in business since I've never seen people in it when I drive by and I've never heard anyone actually say anything nice about the place.
I'd love to see the DDD episode that featured the place, though.

2  Thank Sabrian42
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Did not have a lot of their items on the menu but it was late in the day and there was just two young girls working. Food was excellent and the whole atmosphere created a fun night. Go in with an open mind and you'll have a great time.

1  Thank wwilson624
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I grew up in Coraopolis, and have many fond memories of eating here as a special treat when I was a kid. It was called "The Spaghetti House" back then, but same owners. Went back about 5 years ago craving gnocchi and was disappointed. Was in town this weekend for a family wedding and we all went for dinner, as my sister is a big fan of their red sauce. The red sauce is very good, I'll give them that. But do yourself a favor and buy it down the street at The Cash Market and eat your spaghetti at home. That way you can avoid the inflated prices, the sad little iceberg lettuce salad, the fettucine alfredo that was curdled from overcooking the sauce, and the gross pasta fagoli (kidney beans, pasta, no broth and about a pound of oregano) and the laundry list of items they will surely be out of. My husband's meal was totally forgotten, and by the time they figured it out, they announced they were out of spaghetti! If you MUST go ... call first to verify what they have in stock. OH and someone at our table ordered meat ravioli and got half cheese, and the large orders were all the same size as the smalls! The people that own the place clearly don't care, and from what I understand, the original owner (Rose) is ill. It's very sad how her family is letting her legacy be destroyed. Just close already.

7  Thank tortugas2x