“Rude!”

Segneri's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 78 Restaurants in Coraopolis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was my second time there. The first time the food was good and the waiter was nice. I was excited to go back on my next visit. We had a group of four. There are not that many tables and the place was full. We waited in line behind another group. No one asked us how many were in our party as a matter of fact no one acknowledge us at all! I brought my own alcohol knowing from our first experience they don't serve it anymore for some reason. There are a few half empty bottles behind the bar? I didn't bring any mixers and just wanted a glass of ice with club soda but couldn't get anyone to bring me one! After the party in front of us were seated another table opened up. We waited for someone to come seat us but no one did. I took it upon myself to take the table. A woman came over and asked us to get back in line! I said we have been waiting in line for over half and hr. what is the big deal we are next anyways? She asked us to leave! The place is run down, no waiting area and they are rude! We found a better place a few blocks away! Do not waste your time or your money on this dive!

1  Thank phyllis p

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I used to live near Coraopolis, PA and ate at Segneri's quite often. We loved the old time Italian atmosphere and the great food. It reminded me so much of the food I ate as a child in New Jersey. We moved away about 10 years ago, but this evening we happened to be passing nearby and decided to find out if our favorite Italian place was still open. We were so happy to discover that it was still there and the food was still great.

Segneri's is unpretentious so if you are looking for high-end atmosphere, you should move on. This place is old fashioned with a very simple menu, but fantastic food. The spaghetti portions are large enough for three people and the lasagna is unlike any other I've ever tasted. The place has been in business for over 60 years so you know they are doing something right. They are now BYOB so make sure to bring your own wine!

Just to note in response to some of the other comments about the service and the restrooms. Our waitress was extremely friendly and the restrooms were clean.

3  Thank Katherine B
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

After a hockey game we had 2 hours to catch dinner before crossing town and catching the next game and Segneris was on the way.

Small, without a real bar but the food was quite good. Portions were very generous and service was efficient. I had the spaghetti and meat sauce, my date chicken Parmesan and his daughter spaghetti and meatball. All were delicious as was the Italian wedding soup. Prices very reasonable and location quick and accessible.

3  Thank SonjaV1
Reviewed October 25, 2013

After hearing this place was a tiny, old-school Italian place (generally, that means awesome) we figured we should try it out. It had it's share of ups and downs, so let's break it down:

Ups: By far the best wedding soup I've ever had. Definitely a shining spot of the menu and overall experience. It wasn't crowded at all, so we got right in. Also, there was plenty of parking available on the street nearby (good that day, but may be an issue on a more busy night). My large portion of gnocci was hot and tasty, and I ended up taking it home for 2 more meals. My husband had lasagna and was also happy with his choice.

Downs: The interior hasn't been updated in decades, if ever. It's a little tired and dark. Upon seeing the bar area with a small handful of liquor bottles stacked beneath it, there was a sign reading BYOB. Very confusing. Also, the menu is very limited, which may be an issue for some people who are selective, but I found it acceptable. We were also given 4 sets of silverware (for 2 of us) and then had 2 removed within a minute later. Again, confusing.

Overall, the menu is limited, but the food was good. If you're in the mood for wedding soup, this is definitely where you want to get it. I'm somewhat in the middle on this one. I would return with a group if they wanted to (or to satisfy a wedding soup urge), but i don't see myself seeking it out either.

2  Thank goddess2230
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Absolutely nothing to recommend here. The elderly waitress was very sweet, but nothing could overcome the awful food.

1  Thank ilonajane