Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Airport
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott(Coraopolis)(Great Value!)
$119
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$66
$56
$55
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel(Coraopolis)(Great Value!)
$129
Comfort Suites(Coraopolis)(Great Value!)
$80
ComfortSuites
$64
Motel 6 Pittsburgh Airport(Coraopolis)(Great Value!)
$63
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspittsburgh airportfront deskroom was cleandefinitely stay here againshuttle servicetypical marriottindoor poolan early flightfree shuttleconvenient locationrental carminute drivelizbistrolobbymarriottsproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Great staff, convenient location, complementary 24 hr shuttle to airport.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Very clean hotel, very close to airport, very clean rooms, very good staff
down side is traffic to the city center and you need to pay wifi $12.95 daily
I liked the room a lot, very comfortable and clean..I will stay again if I will go back for business

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I'll be upfront that I'm not the biggest fan of the Courtyard brand, primarily because it attempts to straddle full service and budget but misses the amenities of both. This particular location is in need of some TLC from Marriott on several levels.

First off, the location of the hotel is not ideal, which is a problem with the various hotels in the area (Crowne Plaza, Embassy Suites) since there are few shopping or dining choices within a short distance. You either have to drive to University Blvd or venture down the Robinson Mall area. There is one strip mall within a mile which has a few restaurants but that's it. There are other hotels on University and around Robinson which are more convenient.

Second, the hotel itself is dated. It's the classic Courtyard design, and it looks to be original in all respects. The lobby is unoriginal, though the front desk is newer; the hallways are drab and seem dimly lit; the bar area and breakfast area are definitely unexceptional; and the rooms are somewhat blah. I can't put my finger on the feeling I get when I stay here (it's been several times, not by choice), but it's almost like I'm staying in a hotel from the 80's, with parts updated to modern standards. Yet it's not run-down, just dated. I noted a campaign recently advertising that Courtyards were updating their look, and this hotel will hopefully follow suit quickly. I have noted a couple instances of poor housekeeping, particularly in the bathroom. They were relatively minor but still abnormal in my experience -- they could do better.

Third, service has been spotty. I've had some great service from the front desk folks and some mediocre front desk service (and one instance of just plain neglectful and inexcusable service). Overall, the service has favored good to very good.

Parking is adequate though much of it is located at the back of the hotel building and not very convenient if you stay there when it's full. There is only one elevator which is located in the far left corner of the hotel, which makes it quite annoying if you're moving heavy or bulky luggage to and from the front desk from an upstairs room. I have not used the pool or fitness areas. The internet works well enough, if you're closer to the front of the hotel. At the rear of the building, they rely on the wired internet (I was unable to get a wireless connection), and the wired internet was incompatible with my computer, despite 60 minutes on the phone with the ISP's helpdesk.

One major I have with the brand is charging for breakfast. I can understand charging for the meal, assuming that the provided meal is worth the cost. However, I cannot understand how this Courtyard justifies charging over $10 for breakfast while competitors are either free or under $10. It's ridiculous. Unless someone else is paying, expect to travel for breakfast, which takes me back to my comment about no restaurants in the immediate area.

If you haven't guessed it, I'd recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We were awakened by guests walking through the corridors after midnight and in the early morning. We could hear the housekeeping staff beginning their day by loudly knocking on doors to see if rooms were vacant.
We could not get any ice out of the ice machine.
The air conditioning system did not work correctly.
The room we had was very clean, though.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2009

This hotel is somewhat dated,but everthing worked,Indoor pool ,no free breakfast.Very close to PIT airport.Cost was around 100$.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family