“Another Shopping trip”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis
Sebring, Ohio
“Another Shopping trip”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed an evening for yet another shopping trip. Nice updated hotel. Clean and friendly. Nice coffee area and clean pool. The patio is very inviting and a nice place to relax after a long day shopping. this hotel would be great for a nigts visit or a park and fly special.

Stayed October 2013
Manager313, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you VERY much for your feedback! We appreciate the nice comments and I will share with both the management staff and our hourly team during one of our daily stand-up meetings.

We do offer park and fly packages to those that wish to leave their car here with us and take the shuttle in the morning. Hassle free travel! Call us anytime.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to respond.

Kindly...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of an early morning flight out of PIT the next day. For the relatively inexpensive room rate, I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the hotel.
The positives: Free airport shuttle, so no parking or rental car hassles. Staff was universally friendly, especially the woman tending bar/working the restaurant during the dinner shift. The room was modern and clean, the bathroom had good water pressure, check in- and out were quick and easy.
The drawbacks: The hotel is 15-minutes from the airport *without traffic*, so plan trips accordingly. When calling from the airport for pick-up, use your own phone. When I called from the hotel courtesy kiosk at the airport, no one answers the transportation line. There are no restaurants located near the hotel so you're stuck with the in-house cafe. The building footprint is pretty large, so some rooms are quite a walk away from the lobby or fitness center.

For the price and convenience, I would recommend this hotel for overnight stays near the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager313, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback! I will share your responses with both the other managers and the hourly associates during our daily standup time.

We'll see you next time you fly out of PIT!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We actually got a discounted rate but when you compare our stay to the regularly listed price, it is definately not on that level. The front desk staff were amazing, friendly and professional on an executive level. The room pretty much was on par with a lower level hotel. No fridge, no microwave, the pack n play (crib) they brought us had a giant stain on the mat, no wifi in the room, there were advertisements for free breakfast but they charge $8 for a simple breakfast sandwich, requested extra towels and got a total of three, very small trash cans, and the tub floor is covered with a level of strange grime. If you get a really low rate like we did and aren't really picky, go for it. The lack of wifi was probably the biggest thing for us so just be aware if that huge inconvenience before booking here.

• Stayed June 2014
Manager313, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. I would very much like to speak with you directly regarding your stay if you would be interested. My direct number is 412-264-5000 X 601. Our goal is to have all of our guests feel pleased when they leave our hotel. It seems this is not the case with your stay. I offer my apologies but would really be interested in speaking with your directly.

Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Very nice place, lots of snacks, drinks, coffee for sale in the modern lobby! Lots of tv's in the lobby. Cheap parking to leave your car if flying somewhere. Rooms were very clean and roomy. Nice bathroom, nice big TV. Hallways were quite noisy most of the night, not really the hotel's fault but made it hard to get a good night sleep! Prompt shuttles to the airport, friendly driver! I will stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback! I will be sharing your feedback with the team, both, hourly and managers.

Coral Springs
Reviewed June 23, 2014

First off, we found the staff to be friendly and helpful, and very nice overall. Young lady serving drinks in evening was attentive without being a pest, and very sweet to a new bride in our party. Van driver very nice also. Room was fine - nothing special, but neat, clean, no odor. Everything worked in our room - one other guest in our group had a problem with the television which they fixed. Seemed to be a good option for a trip where you just need a clean, not too expense, safe place to sleep.
Note - it is about 10-15 minutes on highway from current airport (very close to where old airport used to be). We passed several other large chain hotels from airport to this location. Again, it's not far but not as close as you would think with "airport" in name.

Room Tip: One elevator in back corner of complex makes for long walks if you park anywhere but that corner.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager313, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will definitely share your feedback with our Bistro team. I hope you had a chance to try some of our seasonal items in the restaurant. They are fabulous!

Again, thank you for your comments, and the opportunity to respond.

Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our family of five stayed at the hotel during a weekend getaway. I intentionally chose this hotel because the website stated that the double queen rooms also had a sofa sleeper so that my daughter could have a bed of her own. However, at check-in I was told that local ordinances did not allow the sofa beds in the rooms. The check in clerk was courteous, but no remediation was given despite the website's false claim.
I also chose it because it had a courtyard with a gas grill so that we could save some money by grilling out. However, it took nearly 2 1/2 hours to grill chicken because the grill would not heat up to the normal grilling temperature. There was no continental breakfast offered.
The check in area looked newly updated. The rest of the hotel had a slight appearance of age due to paint blemishes and wall dings. The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean. The staff was cordial. Overall it was a decent place to stay for the night.
I tend to attach to think that Marriott brand is synonymous to excellence, but I feel that this hotel came short of this mark. We drove by numerous hotels along the way with the expectation of having advertised expectations met. It just didn't happen at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't take the website's word for it. Make sure you ask vital questions before you make res...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your overall review of the hotel and your feedback. We appreciate your repsonse. I apologize if your stay was not to your satisfaction. I have shared you information with both the housekeeping manager and the engineering supervisor.

I have also had a chance to review our webpage in regards the room amenities, and it does indicate no roll-a-ways permitted in the queen/queen rooms. I apologize if this seems unclear. I did contact our e-Commerce team to discuss a more clear statement so this does not happen again the future.

It is important to us that you and your family are comfortable while staying with us.

Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Positives: The property was clean. The room was clean. The shower was hot. The bed was comfortable. The airport shuttle driver was courteous. Negative comments: The staff was unprofessional, abrasive, and unfriendly. The walls and ceiling provided little to no sound-proofing. You could hear conversations in the rooms on either side of you as well as the hallway. You could hear normal footsteps above you. My stay was not horrible, but I will not stay at this property a second time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager313, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to respond. I'm disappointed in hearing our staff was not friendly and accommodating. Please accept my apology.

I will be sharing your feedback with our staff, both management and hourly. It is important that we provide a learning experience for these disappointments in service.

Again, I appreciate your feedback!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
#4 of 12 in Coraopolis
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!