“Excellent Stay - Would stay again.”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis
Iowa
“Excellent Stay - Would stay again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel, while a bit older looking on the outside, is newly remodeled and cozy on the inside. My room was clean, the bed comfortable, the fitness center adequate if you want to do cardio (if you want a larger facility, ask for a shuttle ride to the nearby Moon Plaza - day fee is $10), and the Bistro has really delicious food choices. I wished the Bistro would have been open at lunch time (7-10:30 a.m., 5-10:00 p.m.), but I was able to cope. I appreciated the free internet, the helpful staff, and the free airport shuttle (that starts at 4:00 a.m.!). I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fairmont, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We checked in after dinnertime and enjoyed our clean, comfortable room. This hotel offers 24-hour shuttle service to the Pittsburgh so we took a shuttle around 4:30 AM and got to the airport in time to make our 6 AM flight.

Room Tip: There's another Courtyard by Marriott near the airport but it doesn't offer 24-hour shuttle...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Clean, comfortable and easy to get to. I will stay again on my next trip to PIT. I will be recommending to colleagues who travel to the area as well.
Cell phone service was spotty at the location - but that isn't Marriotts problem.

Durango
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am a gold Marriott member, and stay many nights a month at Marriotts around the world. This one is nice. I was put in a room as far from the lobby as is possible. There was construction starting at 0830 everyday I stayed, including Sunday. In addition I had to request maid service daily. But the hotel is nice, the front desk personnel are great, and the rooms are nice. The hotel offers a shuttle to a limited area. I would stay here again.

Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The location of this hotel is one of the key reasons why I chose it. Close to the freeway and the airport. I had an early flight and wanted to sleep as much as possible. I had a ground floor room towards the front of the property and found it to be quiet enough to sleep good. There are other hotels closer to the airport, but I didnt want too much airplane noise so this location seemed to be a good trade off. The decor was not exactly pleasing, but it was clean and kept up so who really cares about style and color? I had dinner at the Bistro and the food was good. All hotel staff that I interacted with were courteous and friendly. They used loud walkie-talkies that beeped alot and kind of killed the calm vibe in the lobby. Parking was ample as even after everybody checked in there were still decent parking spaces left.

Appalachia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked two reservations, five days apart, at this location because they offered a park and fly package. I had not stayed here previously but took the poor reviews I read here with a grain of salt, because I trust the Marriott brand. Now I wish I had believed the negative reviews and stayed elsewhere.

We checked in late, after 10pm, for our FIRST STAY and the hotel was quite lively for some reason that evening. We were given room keys and directions where to park, but the hotel is not labeled well at all so we could not locate the elevators. After wandering aimlessly, we gave up and used the stairs, dragging all of our luggage along. The room was clean and tidy, which I love about the Marriott brand; however, our room was right next to the stairwell. Thus, we heard that door slamming all night long. Additionally, the soundproofing, as mentioned repeatedly by several others in their reviews, is horrible. The noise from the nearby airport and airplanes was no bother whatsoever; however, the noise from the other guests was awful. We could hear the actual conversations in the adjoining rooms, as well as the ones above and below, and of course the hallway noise seemed as if it was in our room. We had a 4AM wakeup call and we weren't able to sleep, due to hotel and guest noise, until 2AM. Checkout and shuttle to the airport was seamless. The shuttle driver was friendly and helpful, even at 430AM.

For our SECOND STAY five days later, we were required to cancel it by 6PM the day of our departure on the first stay. Unfortunately, I forgot until hours past that deadline so we stayed there a second time, in spite of me dreading it. We arrived at the airport and it was nearly midnight, but we were relieved to see that the shuttle was already parked outside after we retrieved our luggage. Unfortunately, this shuttle driver was neither friendly or helpful. In fact, he was downright rude. He was quite abrupt and questioned whether we had the right shuttle. When I assured him that we did, he continued to question us. Then he called the hotel to confirm our reservation prior to leaving the airport. Even after confirming that we were right, he was still rude to us. In the hotel lobby later, he continued to glare at me and it made me feel uneasy and unsafe. I actually regretted walking to the lobby alone, which has never happened to me in a Marriott property before. The room was again neat and tidy but the bathroom floor was not clean. The noise was again an issue. Sue and her counterpart at checkout were efficient and superfriendly.

In review, all the staff, except the late night shuttle driver (tall white bald heavyset male), provided the excellent customer service I love from Marriott; however, the poor layout and/or lack of directional signage, extreme noise issues and rudeness from one employee does not add up to Marriott quality for this Marriott rewards member, especially not for the price paid. I will not stay here again and will be sure not to recommend it to others staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Perfectly enjoyable one night stay. Decor is "old" but rooms were very clean as is the entire hotel.

Bar and lobby areas nice. Front desk staff as a whole and individually very nice as well.

Alternate hotels in area are more expensive and not including the Suites nearby - don't provide a lot more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
#4 of 12 in Coraopolis
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!