“Not so bad!”

Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coraopolis
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed there after a wedding. The rooms were a nice size-clean bathroom. No fridge in the room, I was surprised about that. And I hate when they leave a bottle of water on the table with a note that you must pay for it. Ate at the restaurant-not bad but a bit pricey for what we received. Excellent location-right off the main highway.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Pittsburgh Airport Marriott

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Another Priceline 3.5 star special at a great "name your own price" rate. Excellent property, clean with outstanding bedding. Definitely a 4 star property with a shuttle and easy airport access. Would definitely stay there again at Priceline rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have stayed here many times. Rooms are clean, but on the small size, nothing special, but the service has improved over time. But here is why I give this Marriott this rating based upon my stay this past Saturday:

1. The hotel management overbooked the parking lot. This hotel allows long term airport parking and for prior guests to leave their cars in the hotel parking lot. Upon arrival at 3PM on Saturday, the lot was 95% full, at least. The hotel also booked a wedding and a rehearsal dinner and the normal guests. We had to leave the hotel twice and could not find any parking spots both times. I dropped off my 84 year old mom at the front desk and then drove around and could not find a parking spot. People were parking in the employee lot, that was full, parking in the adjacent hotel parking lot which is quite a walk, that was full, parking in emergency exits that were marked, parking in the aisles, parking next to trees. I parked at an office building across the street both times and walked 2 football fields after driving around trying to find somewhere to park. Mind you this was Christmas break and I understand the need, but from what I heard from the weeding and the rehearsal dinner attendees, it wasn't nice. This hotel is about 5 miles from the airport and is not in the city, it is in the suburbs and should have plenty of parking if not for management's decisions.

2. Upon checking in, nothing was said to us about the yet again broken whirlpool. That was the reason I selected this hotel, that was for my mom to use this. The whirlpool was under construction and down and nothing was said on the hotel's website about this, nothing in e-mails, and nothing upon check-in. Most all hotels in the area had plenty of vacancies and had I know this I would have switched to the Embassy or Sheraton or Courtyard or Springhill all in the area, all with working whirlpools. To make matters worse, the small pool had air temps in the 50's due to outside air for some reason coming into the indoor pool area. It was freezing in there, not usable for an 84 year old.

3. Rooms are average, on the small side. Bathrooms are very small. So small, the door barely clears the toilet. The room has nothing special or out of the ordinary, no fridge, nothing really special and the shower head, though new, had very low water pressure requiring double the shower time.

4. Upon entering the room, the TV did not work and the phone to call the front desk didn't work either. Great! The TV was for some reason unplugged and the phone had a broken receiver, which we were told by the very speedy maintenance manager. Again, very nice staff, but not a pleasant stay. I dreaded having to back the couple of football fields, having to drive back and then leave only to find no parking and no ability even to drive around the lot due to the excessive parked cars everywhere. Loud noises were prevalent whenever the toilet flushed or the next room's toilet flushed, that was a bit odd and some other loud noises hampered a good sleep. Beds were fine though.

5. Not everything was awful. The restaurant, though standard, had good service and was very tasty with lots of selections.

6. The workout rooms were fairly good with towels, and plenty of water bottles which is a nice touch that only some Marriott's have taken after. Equipment appeared to work fine. Though the workout rooms are separated by the pool which is odd, but it worked.

Room Tip: Wait for the hotel to get things in order and don't attempt to park on a weekend around the holi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

First of all, I originally booked this hotel for one night through Priceline, then extended the stay an additional night less than 10 minutes later through the "extend my stay" button on Priceline's website. Upon check-in, this apparently posed some kind of issue for the clerk, since he informed me I would have to call the front desk on the second day and "inform them" I intended to stay the second night. I booked two nights, couldn't they connect the dots? Couldn't this have been taken care of at the desk without me calling? Regardless, that's only a minor gripe.

The room was well-furnished for the most part, and had a decent bathroom (with a few signs of wear around the edges). I didn't really take issue with any of the furnishings, as it was what is expected of a hotel in its star class.

The real issue was when my girlfriend and I rode the elevator down to the first floor to take a swim in the heavily-advertised hotel pool. Prior to entry into the pool, my girlfriend stopped me, alerting me to the presence of dozens, maybe hundreds, of fairly large wormlike things on the bottom of the pool. Upon further inspection, I realized these were everywhere in the pool, and decided swimming might not be the best idea. I informed the front desk clerk of this, and he said they would look into the issue. I checked the pool again the next morning. The worms were still there.

Had I paid regular price for this hotel, I'd probably be a bit more upset about the issues. If you plan to book anywhere other than a discount website, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the way through Pittsburgh and found it to be very clean and comfortable. I would say pretty much your standard Marriott experience. Large rooms, clean sheets a comfortable bed and a nice lobby is all a Guy can ask for. Nice bar downstairs too but a bit prices on the drinks. (Bottle of corona cost $7.50) So if you want a beer grab a pack somewhere before you check in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel was very nice and in close proximity to the airport. We have been to another hotel much closer to the airport (with higher rates), and we would rate this hotel higher. Staff was friendly, rooms clean, breakfast was standard and as expected. No charge for parking. If we had to utilize the airport, this would be our recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've been staying here at the Pittsburgh airport Marriott for business - Brittany the front desk manager has been spectacular... Jessica, however, has also been phenomenal ... The customer experience I have received here has been extraordinary, and highly recommend this property to all for that reason.

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 11 in Coraopolis
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis

Been to Pittsburgh Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!