“Great Two Nights” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis
Damascus, Maryland
“Great Two Nights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just wanted to let the hotel know that Ryan Sebly (front desk) was great. I really liked the way he came out from behind the desk and gave everyone their room cards and told them about the hotel. The room was great also. Only complaint was, had a slice of cheesecake sent to the room and paid $8.00 for it and it was like two bites lol. Won't do that again. Thanks Ryan for making our stay great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The convenience of being close to the airport is only the beginning. This property understands the meaning of Guest. Every employee in the hotel did a fantastic job, the shuttle driver, the front-desk person, the hostess in the restaurant, and the Concierge Lounge and the chef.
True - I met the chef that was delivering the desserts to the Concierge lounge. The hotel was very full and I was not on a concierge level floor, but my room was excellent. I am a stickler for cleanliness, as noted in my previous reviews. Even the closets were clean and fresh smelling.
The only draw-back is the lack of vegetarian selections on the menu.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

One of the friendliest Marriotts I've been in. The woman who ran breakfasts was a particularly engaging person. The rooms are standard Marriott and the views are certainly nothing to write home about but the gym and pool are above average for airport hotels and the food was good. The staff though made it, very helpful and friendly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Seat62A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here many times. Staff is always polite and friendly. My only compliant is be careful about staying on second floor. You can hear a lot of noise from the bar area. It didn't quiet down until after 11:00 pm. Next time I stay there it won't be on second floor. Also, this place needs to stock some distilled water in lobby store. Other than that many places to eat in the area and shuttle driver can take you there if you don't want to drive.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've stayed several times over the years. Each time was a pleasant stay, with good service and nice rooms. This time housekeeping was inconsistent. The room might be cleaned well, or not. Coffee might be replaced or not. Paper might be delivered or not. The rooms are getting worn. Room service is good, but the food is not always prepared well. Seems more often something frozen then heated. Concierge lounge is nice and the staff is very good. I hope the quality control improves and my stay was just a bad week. Shame it was always good in the past.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We reserved several rooms for out of town guests this past weekend for our wedding. Needless to say if I could go back and do it all over we would have NEVER let our guests stay in such an unfriendly and rude environment! Sunday morning we went to the front desk to complain about something on our bill. We were treated like we were criminals!! It was so unreal. The manager rolled his eyes and was very rude to us. We had spent a lot of money there and expected better service then we received. Our room was not serviced Saturday night and needless to say that was our wedding night. We returned to a room with an unmade bed, trash was not taken out, and no towels to be found except the dirty ones we had used the night before. When we approached the manager concerning our unhappiness about the room cleanliness, he unpolitely stated you must have refused service! I told him that no one had come to my room and that I had actually went to find a housekeeper for towels myself! He was not concerned at all about how unhappy our stay was and pretty much called us liars! The manager pulled a housekeeper to the back of a room and made us wait 20 minutes while they "talked" about the situation. He did not believe that a housekeeper had not come to our room. Needless to say I am very happy to be home and will NEVER recommend this hotel to my enemy! Even they deserve better service for the price we paid to stay there! Even better is the fact that I am waiting for my $100 to go back into my checking account. Apparently they take out $50 a night incase you use room service! Don't worry folks...it only takes 3-5 days to get your money
back if you do not use it!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!