“most helpful/clean room”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis
Cleveland, Ohio
“most helpful/clean room”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The staff was most helpful in getting directions for my meeting the next day. The original directions had been imprecise and confusing.
The room was exceptionally clean and tidy and the price for being in the area was perfect for my needs.

Room Tip: It was a great stay. Rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Coraopolis
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks for work. When it come time for clean towels they told us we only get them once a week and to get our own. Then one day we came in and they had turned our heat off and told us to leave it off everyday while gone. It was 10 degrees that day. And several days they changed our rates hoping we wouldn't notice. The lady at the front desk is a witch that we can't stand to talk to and they have a catering service in some of the rooms and the hotel reeks of Indian food all day because of this. Tile was coming up from bathroom floor and all around was dirty. We have not once had anyone come clean our room and I have never seen a maid cart with cleaning supplies. Seems they just want to milk money from as many people as they can before it gets closed down or falls down!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ba B
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have been a patron of this hotel for several years. On my last visit I was pleased to see that the manager is doing a complete renovation...new furniture in the rooms...newly painted halls and rooms.....new fabrics on beds and windows. If you have stayed here in the past, you'll be happy about the up-grading going on here. Go back; it is still the best bargain at the airport.

Room Tip: Ask about Park and Fly offers. I prefer rooms on the rear parking lot side of the hotel. Elevator s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 495Nick495
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This was the worst experience I ever had at a hotel. The room was dirty and the bathroom had dirt on the floor. I was later blamed by the staff and manager (Nick) for putting the dirt there. Nick was extremely rude to my wife when she called yelling and belittling her. Then he faked being another person so he would not have to take our calls and finally he offered a refund for a room that was dirty, had no wireless internet (which they said they had), a heater that did not work, and a staff that was unresponsive. This might possibly be the worst hotel in Pittsburgh and I was severely unhappy.

Room Tip: If you want a good room go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 17, 2011

In my room as type this. I was greeted by MARY. The BEST customer service. Very friendly and knowledgeable. The room is clean and everything you would need for a night. Soaps, shampoos, hair dryer, iron, in room coffee. There is a FREE shuttle to and from the airport that runs 24 hour!!. Next time I have an early morning flight I will be sure to stay here again. There is breakfast in the morning with hot waffles. There is also a computer in the lobby to print out your boarding pass. Eat N park that you can walk to. Save your money for your vacation and stay at the Super 8..it is just as good as the high price hotels in the area. I will be back :) They also have sleep fly park package but I did not use it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kell518
Ohio
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was traveling with a family member who made this reservation. We were flying out of Pittsburgh and this Super 8 had shuttle service so it seemed like a good choice. We needed the room for both leaving and returning. I am NOT a picky traveler, and when reading reviews of places I've stayed, often wonder what these people are complaining about. But this place was filthy.
The hallways were dirty and dark. The carpeting in the room was filthy and hadn't been vacuumed. We found safety pins lying right in the middle of the floor and bits of "stuff" everywhere. I wouldn't walk on the carpet without shoes and didn't shower on the return. There was some sticky goop all over the bedside table. The elevator was out of order. The shuttle to the hotel was 15 minutes late and it took 40 minutes and 2 phone calls for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport. And it wasn't cheap. $130 for the 1st night and $80.00 for the 2nd night. I would have suggested staying elsewhere the last night, but it was after 1 AM when we finally got to our hotel.

The week previous to this, my husband and I flew out of Pittsburgh. We used Priceline and our bid of $45 was accepted for a 3 1/2 star hotel (Hyatt Regency right at the airport). We spent $8 a night in extended parking and it ended up being cheaper than this dump.

When reading other reviews, everyone raves about Mary, the front desk clerk. We didn't meet Mary on either night`(morning either) we stayed there and our clerks were rather rude.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport
#2 of 8 in Moon Township
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport

Been to Super 8 Pittsburgh Airport/Coraopolis Area? Share your experiences!