“DO NOT Stay Here”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis
Buffalo, NY
“DO NOT Stay Here”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

This motel is not worth the money. Trust me when I say that your better off spending $30-40 more for a hotel like Holiday Inn. The rooms were old and dirty. the comforter looked like it was from the 70s. The only thing that looked updated and semi clean was the shower. If you have to stay here because of price, bring a sleeping bag and sleep on top of the sheets.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
daysinnpittsburgh, Webmaster at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Pittsburgh International Airport for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was advised that the rooms should not be released for guest occupancy until there is No musty smelled and No damp carpet.

• Maintenance was instructed to see to the repair or replacement Lights in the room assigned to you.

• The man working at the reception desk received additional training in the proper, courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Spent the night at the Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport last night. The room was dirty and smelled awful. They were refitting the rooms with new carpeting and while ripping out the baseboards, tore the wallpaper which was dirty and nasty. The hallway smelled awful as did the water. I used bottle water to brush my teeth. We spent 10 days in Cambodia--a 3rd world country---in Stung Treng and had a cleaner hotel then this one. The price was awful 100.00 to stay in such a dirty room. Just awful. I would not recommend this hotel to an enemy.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

• Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Maintenance was advised that the rooms should not be released for guest occupancy until there is no smell and clean carpet.

• Maintenance was instructed to see to the repair or replacement Carpets in the room assigned to you.

Baltimore
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I read the reviews and I found two of them to be absolutely entertaining. I must say I had a blast reading them and picturing every word in my mind...it was great. Most of the reviews are obviously old since I believe that the hotel it is a very good choice for any type of traveler. Price wise and service wise it is an amazing choice. I spent 3 nights at the hotel and everything went better than I had expected. I was picked up from the airport 10 minutes after I called for a shuttle and was allowed to check in before noon since my flight arrived at 10:30 AM. The rooms have everything, beds are very comfortable, room was clean and the temperature was perfect. I was glad to see a fridge and a microwave since I had to be there for 4 days. I took the shuttle to the Mall, restaurants near by and the movie theater. The staff was very polite and they made sure I enjoyed my stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel and the Staff is doing an amazing job going the extra mile.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LordRic0n
Kamlesh2500, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks for your positive comments. We are trying our level best to provide best possible return on your hard earn spending. Hope, you and your family enjoy staying at our Days Inn. and looking forward to have you all at our hotel in near future. Have a wonderful day.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2009

We came into Pittsburgh needing a place to stay. This place was great and not only was it near the airport, but also very close to the city. The breakfast is fulfilling, but nothing to brag about. The rooms was clean and comfortable. The television has about 35 channels, enough to stay informed about current news and sports events. While talking to the owner, he told me they have updated recently, meaning the later posts are incorrect and outdated. The hotel has went through some major renovation to meet the customers demands and this is clearly seen. The staff was very polite and friendly. I would highly highly recommend staying here because it will meet your budget and is a great Days Inn venue.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank frequentflyer123067
Kamlesh2500, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks for positive review. We are trying our best to keep our product up to date as of industries standard, and keep our room rates very competitive in same market as well. Guest like you, are our pride. hoping to see you again at our 'Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport' soon ..
Ireland
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Stayed in Days Inn for 1 night only, as we had an early morning flight. The hotel was about 10 minutes from Airport but they provide a free shuttle bus to airport which is great! the hotel room was fine, well equipped, i could hear next doors TV which was a bit annoying! overall it was fine for what we needed we were at the hotel late at night and left early morning. there was a buffet breakfast, which i didnt really get to use but I got an apple and coffee, crossaint which set me up for the day

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank family_travels85_ie
Thanks for the feed back. We understand your concern, and we value your business as well. We are trying our level best to keep our product as of industries standard. We also keep our room rates very competitive as much as we can. Hope, you will enjoy more, during your next visit at our 'Days Inn'.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed January 2, 2009

There is a reason this was the only hotel available over New Year's on short notice. IT WAS TERRIBLE. We got there right around 3 to check in and were instructed to wait for the changing of shifts so the paperwork could be properly accounted for. This was fine. The next thing we were told was that check out was at 11. We had not even checked in yet and we would be there for 4 days. Then we found out one of the two rooms we reserved were not cleaned yet. Still I was Ok. It was right at 3 and maybe they thought we were arriving later.
When we all went to wait in my daughter's room, the clean room, we found a present in the fridge, an old rotisserie chicken. And on top of the fridge, some coffee growing mold to finish off the meal. I pointed this out to housekeeping that was across the hall. I finally unplugged the coffee maker and took it out of the room to them.
They finished cleaning the other room in about 10 minutes, a little scary. I ventured out for some clorox wipes and we decided to tough it out, knowing full well we could not get two more rooms at this late notice.
From there things just got worse. Our key cards continually did not work and Regina, the desk attendant, yelled at me that I was probably putting them near credit cards to deactivate them. As if I was up in my room thinking of ways to make her life miserable. We had to go back several times, and we had to go back all at the same time or one of the keys would not work.
Then there was the lacking breakfast buffet. I guess if they ran out of something, they only restocked on a day that we were not there. During our stay they ran out of orange juice, bread for toast, pastries, bananas, and yogurt. None of which were replenished. It was not that people were stealing things, they had someone guarding you as you ate. I mean literally guarding you. I had a cup of coffee and a dried out mini muffin, nothing over the top, and the woman stood directly behind me the whole time I was eating. It was the most uncomfortable feeling.
Finally this morning it was time to check out. The same Regina was there. She was on the phone with someone and I was willing to wait. She said "on your visa?" I thought she was talking on the phone. She was talking to me. She did not put the phone down, she was asking me if I wanted to keep the charges on my visa. I said yes. She put the phone down and did not hang up and walked over to the other side of the desk. I did not realize what she was doing. She laid 2 papers on the counter in front of her, not in front of me. Then she went back to her call. I was still standing there. Then she said,"They are receipts. That is all you are going to get. Take them," and continued her conversation on the phone. Silly me, I guess I was expecting a "how was your stay," or "was everything ok?" or God forbid, "Thank you for choosing Days Inn."
I do not know how they stay in business. I guess it is the park and fly service they offer to get you to the airport. The cars can not complain too much.
STAY AWAY, FAR, FAR AWAY whatever you do. I have never had such a horrible experience at any other hotel in my life. I can not believe this is part of the Wyndham corporation.

• Liked — close proximity to the activities we had planned in Pittsburgh
  • Disliked — staff, rooms, breakfast buffet, lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you had with the card keys working properly for the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff was approached about the possibility of giving the breakfast more variety.

• I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Pittsburgh International Airport. I think you will be greatly pleased.

West Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Day's Inn should be embarrassed to have this hotel in their offerings.

From check in to check out, the staff was rude. There was no conflict, they could just care less if there was a customer standing there waiting for them to get us a room, despite us being the only customers in the lobby at 1:30 am. I had to initiate contact standing at the front desk, only to be told by the night attendant to "wait a minute."

He then informed me I had a smoking room, which I did not book, and upon telling him that, and that I wanted a non-smoking room, he was non-responsive, unapologetic, and only after asking, he informed me he was seeing if he could find me one.

He did give me a non-smoking room, then, when I asked him if we could have a noon check-out because we had a long night on the road and we were getting in at 1:30am, he informed me that we would have to leave at 11, as the housekeeping schedule had already been filled out. Again, not accommodating. This turned out to be a lie, as when I called in the morning, they told me 12 noon would be fine, but the latest we could check out (We checked out at 11:15, and, as you will see, couldn't leave that hotel fast enough for my taste.)

When we got to the room and got settled in, we realized it smelled of mold. After taking off my socks, I realized the carpet was completely damp.

The pool was broken and could not be used (which neither their website or hotels.com informed us of), and obviously either this rooms proximity to the pool, or the pool flooding, had caused this room to be wet. The hotel obviously knows about this, because there was a portable dehumidifier in the room. It was, of course, unplugged.

I plugged in the dehumidifier and was awoke early in the morning with it beeping. It had filled up it's reservoir in mere hours, again indicating how wet this room was.

Next, the TV didn't work when we turned it on, it did come on, though the color was all messed up, but the cable was almost non-existent. Upon inspection, the coaxail cable end (the part that screws on), was missing from the cable. Someone had just shoved the bare wire onto the TV jack. It took some wrangling and moving it just to get a viewable picture. It was still far from clear. The TV was almost dead, and was heavy in red, indicating some malfunction of the CRT tube. I guess Days Inn plans on wringing all the life it can out of these obsolete TV's until they have to upgrade to digital. Not a happy proposition for people paying $80 a night (with tax) for a hotel room with poor TV, beds and in disrepair.

Next up, the shower light was coming down out of the ceiling, the shower head, upon turning to select a different spray, started to come apart prompting us to have to turn it right back to the stream it was on, lest fear it falling apart, and the toilet seat was loose.

None big problems individually, but combined with our otherwise horrible experience, made this the worst hotel ever.

We tried to sleep, despite the stench of moldy carpet, but we were generally unsuccessful in getting a good nights sleep. I slept 4 hours and could sleep no more.

Also, ambiance is non-existent. There are no lamps. The only lighting came from ceiling mounted lighting.

In the morning, to make matters worse, despite being told by the front desk we could have a 12 noon check out, at 11:05 housekeeping was knocking on the door, despite a "do not disturb" sign on the handle, although they apologized when I told them of our 12 noon approval, and the phone rang at 10:57, but only rang twice. I assume the front desk was trying to harass us too, before they realized we had already called and gotten approval for a noon checkout.

Upon checkout I informed/complained about all of the above to the front desk attendant (which I think was the same man that was erroneously standing outside the hotel door with a housekeeping checklist at 11:05) of all these problems. He seemed to not care about anything I said, and just kept saying "ok, ok, ok" after every complaint I had. He gave me a checkout sheet to sign and said nothing else. When I asked him if there was a manager on the property, he just gave me a card for the hotel manager and told me that's who I should complain to.

I have called once and been told there was no manager on the property again, (at noon on a weekday), and they would return my call.

Hotels.com did apologize, after considerable discussion on the phone, and refunded my $5 booking fee.

On another note, Hotels.com had trouble even locating my reservation, sent me the wrong reservation number in a follow up email, and sent me a link to review the hotel that brought up the wrong information and would not let me review the hotel based on the information THEY sent me. I had to re-enter my credit card number to even find my reservation.

Further, the rate Hotels.com provided was the same rate I could have booked into the hotel directly through the hotels website. I verified this after booking through hotels.com. I don't know how they can advertise the lowest rates and then charge you a $5 "travel agent fee" when they aren't doing anything for it that you couldn't do yourself, probably quicker, on the hotels website, and they aren't informed that the list hotels with pools that have broken pools that aren't available for use. Is that what a "travel agent" does -- provide erroneous information?

Despite all this, the hotel was surprisingly packed I noticed at the continental breakfast. I guess since it's an airport hotel, they keep full. I will never return, and I will have to reconsider any hotel with the Days Inn marque after this travesty.

• Liked — there was hot water... not much else
  • Disliked — it was the biggest dump I
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mcgervey
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was advised that the rooms should not be released for guest occupancy until there are no Odour smell Carpe or TV.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airpor...
#2 of 2 in Findlay Township
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
#3 of 12 in Coraopolis
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!