“good for early morning flight”

Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coraopolis
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Stayed in Days Inn for 1 night only, as we had an early morning flight. The hotel was about 10 minutes from Airport but they provide a free shuttle bus to airport which is great! the hotel room was fine, well equipped, i could hear next doors TV which was a bit annoying! overall it was fine for what we needed we were at the hotel late at night and left early morning. there was a buffet breakfast, which i didnt really get to use but I got an apple and coffee, crossaint which set me up for the day

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank family_travels85_ie
Kamlesh2500, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks for the feed back. We understand your concern, and we value your business as well. We are trying our level best to keep our product as of industries standard. We also keep our room rates very competitive as much as we can. Hope, you will enjoy more, during your next visit at our 'Days Inn'.

Reviewed January 2, 2009

There is a reason this was the only hotel available over New Year's on short notice. IT WAS TERRIBLE. We got there right around 3 to check in and were instructed to wait for the changing of shifts so the paperwork could be properly accounted for. This was fine. The next thing we were told was that check out was at 11. We had not even checked in yet and we would be there for 4 days. Then we found out one of the two rooms we reserved were not cleaned yet. Still I was Ok. It was right at 3 and maybe they thought we were arriving later.
When we all went to wait in my daughter's room, the clean room, we found a present in the fridge, an old rotisserie chicken. And on top of the fridge, some coffee growing mold to finish off the meal. I pointed this out to housekeeping that was across the hall. I finally unplugged the coffee maker and took it out of the room to them.
They finished cleaning the other room in about 10 minutes, a little scary. I ventured out for some clorox wipes and we decided to tough it out, knowing full well we could not get two more rooms at this late notice.
From there things just got worse. Our key cards continually did not work and Regina, the desk attendant, yelled at me that I was probably putting them near credit cards to deactivate them. As if I was up in my room thinking of ways to make her life miserable. We had to go back several times, and we had to go back all at the same time or one of the keys would not work.
Then there was the lacking breakfast buffet. I guess if they ran out of something, they only restocked on a day that we were not there. During our stay they ran out of orange juice, bread for toast, pastries, bananas, and yogurt. None of which were replenished. It was not that people were stealing things, they had someone guarding you as you ate. I mean literally guarding you. I had a cup of coffee and a dried out mini muffin, nothing over the top, and the woman stood directly behind me the whole time I was eating. It was the most uncomfortable feeling.
Finally this morning it was time to check out. The same Regina was there. She was on the phone with someone and I was willing to wait. She said "on your visa?" I thought she was talking on the phone. She was talking to me. She did not put the phone down, she was asking me if I wanted to keep the charges on my visa. I said yes. She put the phone down and did not hang up and walked over to the other side of the desk. I did not realize what she was doing. She laid 2 papers on the counter in front of her, not in front of me. Then she went back to her call. I was still standing there. Then she said,"They are receipts. That is all you are going to get. Take them," and continued her conversation on the phone. Silly me, I guess I was expecting a "how was your stay," or "was everything ok?" or God forbid, "Thank you for choosing Days Inn."
I do not know how they stay in business. I guess it is the park and fly service they offer to get you to the airport. The cars can not complain too much.
STAY AWAY, FAR, FAR AWAY whatever you do. I have never had such a horrible experience at any other hotel in my life. I can not believe this is part of the Wyndham corporation.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
daysinnpittsburgh, Webmaster at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Pittsburgh International Airport for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you had with the card keys working properly for the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff was approached about the possibility of giving the breakfast more variety.

• I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Pittsburgh International Airport. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed July 23, 2008

Day's Inn should be embarrassed to have this hotel in their offerings.

From check in to check out, the staff was rude. There was no conflict, they could just care less if there was a customer standing there waiting for them to get us a room, despite us being the only customers in the lobby at 1:30 am. I had to initiate contact standing at the front desk, only to be told by the night attendant to "wait a minute."

He then informed me I had a smoking room, which I did not book, and upon telling him that, and that I wanted a non-smoking room, he was non-responsive, unapologetic, and only after asking, he informed me he was seeing if he could find me one.

He did give me a non-smoking room, then, when I asked him if we could have a noon check-out because we had a long night on the road and we were getting in at 1:30am, he informed me that we would have to leave at 11, as the housekeeping schedule had already been filled out. Again, not accommodating. This turned out to be a lie, as when I called in the morning, they told me 12 noon would be fine, but the latest we could check out (We checked out at 11:15, and, as you will see, couldn't leave that hotel fast enough for my taste.)

When we got to the room and got settled in, we realized it smelled of mold. After taking off my socks, I realized the carpet was completely damp.

The pool was broken and could not be used (which neither their website or hotels.com informed us of), and obviously either this rooms proximity to the pool, or the pool flooding, had caused this room to be wet. The hotel obviously knows about this, because there was a portable dehumidifier in the room. It was, of course, unplugged.

I plugged in the dehumidifier and was awoke early in the morning with it beeping. It had filled up it's reservoir in mere hours, again indicating how wet this room was.

Next, the TV didn't work when we turned it on, it did come on, though the color was all messed up, but the cable was almost non-existent. Upon inspection, the coaxail cable end (the part that screws on), was missing from the cable. Someone had just shoved the bare wire onto the TV jack. It took some wrangling and moving it just to get a viewable picture. It was still far from clear. The TV was almost dead, and was heavy in red, indicating some malfunction of the CRT tube. I guess Days Inn plans on wringing all the life it can out of these obsolete TV's until they have to upgrade to digital. Not a happy proposition for people paying $80 a night (with tax) for a hotel room with poor TV, beds and in disrepair.

Next up, the shower light was coming down out of the ceiling, the shower head, upon turning to select a different spray, started to come apart prompting us to have to turn it right back to the stream it was on, lest fear it falling apart, and the toilet seat was loose.

None big problems individually, but combined with our otherwise horrible experience, made this the worst hotel ever.

We tried to sleep, despite the stench of moldy carpet, but we were generally unsuccessful in getting a good nights sleep. I slept 4 hours and could sleep no more.

Also, ambiance is non-existent. There are no lamps. The only lighting came from ceiling mounted lighting.

In the morning, to make matters worse, despite being told by the front desk we could have a 12 noon check out, at 11:05 housekeeping was knocking on the door, despite a "do not disturb" sign on the handle, although they apologized when I told them of our 12 noon approval, and the phone rang at 10:57, but only rang twice. I assume the front desk was trying to harass us too, before they realized we had already called and gotten approval for a noon checkout.

Upon checkout I informed/complained about all of the above to the front desk attendant (which I think was the same man that was erroneously standing outside the hotel door with a housekeeping checklist at 11:05) of all these problems. He seemed to not care about anything I said, and just kept saying "ok, ok, ok" after every complaint I had. He gave me a checkout sheet to sign and said nothing else. When I asked him if there was a manager on the property, he just gave me a card for the hotel manager and told me that's who I should complain to.

I have called once and been told there was no manager on the property again, (at noon on a weekday), and they would return my call.

Hotels.com did apologize, after considerable discussion on the phone, and refunded my $5 booking fee.

On another note, Hotels.com had trouble even locating my reservation, sent me the wrong reservation number in a follow up email, and sent me a link to review the hotel that brought up the wrong information and would not let me review the hotel based on the information THEY sent me. I had to re-enter my credit card number to even find my reservation.

Further, the rate Hotels.com provided was the same rate I could have booked into the hotel directly through the hotels website. I verified this after booking through hotels.com. I don't know how they can advertise the lowest rates and then charge you a $5 "travel agent fee" when they aren't doing anything for it that you couldn't do yourself, probably quicker, on the hotels website, and they aren't informed that the list hotels with pools that have broken pools that aren't available for use. Is that what a "travel agent" does -- provide erroneous information?

Despite all this, the hotel was surprisingly packed I noticed at the continental breakfast. I guess since it's an airport hotel, they keep full. I will never return, and I will have to reconsider any hotel with the Days Inn marque after this travesty.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mcgervey

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was advised that the rooms should not be released for guest occupancy until there are no Odour smell Carpe or TV.

Reviewed July 18, 2008

my mother was taking her first vacation to LA to visit her sister alone since the passing of my father , to whom she was married to for 35 years, in March. We chose this hotel since it was so close to the airport. When we got to her room, the air conditioner was broken and blowing hot air (it was 90 degrees outside) and the toilet would not flush. We went back to the desk and they gave her a 2nd room. This room had no refridgerator or microwave or coffee pot. The curtain over the window was half torn down. So, back to the desk we went. At this point we just wanted our money back and we were going to go somewhere else. The lady, whom I believe was the owner, said since we booked on line that we would be charged a cancellation fee and she gave us yet another room. She said there were 5 families that just checked out that destroyed the hotel. Not our fault! She did walk us to the room and inspected it with us. Oh, and the pool was "closed until further notice". The hallways were hot with only limited amount of cool air blowing out the vents. I would never recommend anyone stay at this dump. As I drove 2 hours back home all I did was worry about her getting to the airport in the morning ok. Incidentally, she did get on her plane with no problems. If you want to have a relaxing evening before a flight out from Pittsburgh...DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank skyleigh

Dear Guest,

• Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The maintenance staff was notified about the broken air conditioner, torn Curtains and Flush in the toilet. They received additional training in what is expected of them in maintaining the appliances and other responsibilities.

Reviewed July 9, 2008

My finace and I were spending a few days in Pittsburgh to vacation and plan for our wedding. We chose this hotel because of the price, and it had gotten mostly good reviews. We had a much worse experience than most apparently. When we checked in, we were passed back and forth between two clerks, one who appeared to be the manager, the other who didn't seem to know what he was doing and was talking on the phone the whole time. We got the feeling they were too busy to check us in. Our TV had a few channels that didn't come in, which we reported, but nothing was done about it. On our second night the plug in the sink drain got stuck, so our only sink was out of commission. The front desk clerk's respose was that there was no one there that could fix it. It was only after my finace got upset that they offered to move us to another room. So, at 10:30 that night we packed up our stuff and moved up a floor to a new room. The next evening when we got back to the room, it had not been cleaned by housekeeping. All of these problems were reported to the hotel management, with absolutely no result. We got an apology the night that we had to move rooms, but other that that....nothing. The breakfast in the morning is probably about the best thing that they have to offer. The showers are in fact just showers, no tubs. And there are times when guests have to park in the Kmart parking lot across the street because the hotel parking lot is too full. All in all, I would not stay here again, and I would not recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teragram77

Dear Guest,

• The maintenance staff was notified about the TV channel. They received additional training in what is expected of them in maintaining the appliances and other responsibilities.

• The Breakfast Staff was informed of the nice things you said about them.

Reviewed June 8, 2008

Our AAU basketball team & families travel a lot. Our priorities are a hotel that has complimentary breakfast, has a pool and is reasonably priced. The Days Inn Coraopolis definitely fit the bill. At the AAA rate of $62+dollars, we were very satisfied with our accommodations. Rooms were decent, plus had a fridge & micro... although I will say the towels were quite thin. Let's face it, you can't expect AAA hotel quality at this price. Some of the other reviews had me quite concerned, but as we discovered, there was no reason for the concern. We did have some noisy neighbors for a while, but we have found that anywhere we travel. The staff was also quite helpful anytime we asked questions or needed help. Great shopping nearby also!

Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank AAUGrandma

Thanks you very much for your feed back. We always support sport team. we understand that most of sport team are non profit group, and we try to adjust our room rates with their budget, so all sport fan can enjoy our 'Days Inn'. Hoping to see you again in future ....

Reviewed December 11, 2007

The stay itself was ok. Our problem came after our stay. We were charged a $50 room cleaning fee. I find it hard to believe their claim that it took more than one housekeeper to clean our room. When calling to inquire about the fee, Regina, who answered my call was extremely rude wouldn't tell me what the fee was about. She made the GM Dale Dibble call me back and he told me that the room was trashed. He refused to even listen to me and was extremely rude when telling me basically that they were charging me and that I had to deal with it. I would absolutely never stay there again. For gods sake it was my wife, 8 month old and I that stayed in the room. I guess we are a bunch of party animals!

I am making it my mission to post this posting on ever hotel review site possible and that the truth comes out about the Days Inn at the Pittsburgh Airport!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Pissed-In-Pittsburgh

Dear Guest,

• Registration staff and management were approached about the way you reported being treated when you attempted to stay at our establishment.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Comfort Suites
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#66 of 73 in Pittsburgh
Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airpor...
#2 of 2 in Findlay Township
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#49 of 73 in Pittsburgh

Been to Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!