“Snowed in”

Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My stay on 1/28/14 is your typical tale of you get what you pay for. Booked a very inexpensive rate from an online booking site to save some $ and impress my bosses. However, I would have gladly shelled out money from my own pocket to have stayed elsewhere.

Gripe #1. The automatic doors to the entrance worked some of the time. Real nice when the temperature outside is in the single digits and you're standing waiting for the doors to open. Once the automatic doors decide to let you in, there is another set of regular pull doors to the lobby. Why do hotels do this? Luckily I was only carrying a small bag, but still, it's a pain to have to open the door while carrying luggage. (small annoyance but still)

Gripe #2 The elevators and hallways STUNK! The elevators smelled of curry and the 3rd floor hallway smelled like smokey farts. (sorry but this had to be said)

Gripe #3 "Fitness Center" is a joke. One broken elliptical and a dusty dirty treadmill. The TV worked though. Walked in and walked right out.

Gripe #4 "Business Center" even BIGGER joke. Two broken PCs that displayed a type of "screensaver" message saying "Network Cable Unplugged." I did get one of the computers to work for a bit but it was so slow that I just gave up.

Gripe #5 Front Desk Staff would not help me print out a work document. When I asked they said they had no internet access on their computers and could not help me. Alrighty then.

Gripe #6 Heating Unit in Rm 324. I really shouldn't complain since it was great to have heat on that particularly cold night. However, it was impossible to regulate; the room constantly went from sauna to igloo.

Gripe #7 Location. The place is a little off the beaten path from most of the local restaurants. There is an Outback very close, but I wasn't in the mood for Australian, so I ventured about 10 minutes across the way to The Bocktown Beer & Grill and had a great meal there.

One ray of hope for this place was the bed. It was decent and clean. How did I gauge cleanliness? The air of bleach from the sheets, I didn't mind, since this confirmed for me they had been cleaned.

The continental breakfast was just alright. However, I noticed that the coffee machine dispensed and nice long shot of water before any coffee would flow into your cup.

I would have brought these concerns up upon checkout but I was too annoyed that I received no assistance from the front desk to print out my work materials so I just left. Thankfully the automatic doors immediately opened to let me leave.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kamlesh2500, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thanks for your feedback.
Next time, pl let us know about your issues during your stay, and our highly trained FD associates will provide you an option to switch to free upgrade room (Full kitchenette suite, if available) or full refund upon immediate checkout. very simple.
Hope you have a very wonderful day.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Good service, very nice continental breakfast, adequate location to Pittsburgh (other than an insane hill to drive up to the hotel).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Rachel M
Days I, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
I am glad we were able to serve your needs and expectations as a guest. We are also in the process of improving our amenities and interior décor. We hope to see you again! Thanks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airpor...
#2 of 2 in Findlay Township
MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 12 in Coraopolis
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport
Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis

Been to Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!