“We Are The Unluky One”

Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coraopolis
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Me and my friend drove to Pittsburgh to shopping and booked the Days Inn from the internet. From the outside of Days Inn looks fairly new, but rooms need to be updated. Inside of the room, Carpet was old, AC unit makes a lot noise. Furthermore, we got a small room was originally part of a large connecting suite, and a locked door separates the large suite in two small room. That door can not insulate sound at all, we woke up by the guest from other side of the suite for many times during the night. ( They were talking but not loud at all.) Travels please be caution to saty this type of rooms. Other services was fine, nice staff, and location was very convenient for travelers.

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank 666lfr
daysinnpittsburgh, Webmaster at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Pittsburgh International Airport for your recent stay in our area.

• The maintenance staff was notified about the Carpet and AC unit. They received additional training in what is expected of them in maintaining the appliances and other responsibilities.

• The Staff was informed of the nice things you said about them.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Pittsburgh International Airport. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed September 13, 2007

We found the desk staff and manager to be very friendly and willing to assist in any way they could. We saw this with other guests as well as ourselves. We appreciated the fact that all guests must enter through the front door and go past the check in desk. The inn itself is located in an area that appears very safe but we thought this added security feature was a good one. The breakfast area was very clean and attractive. Special decorative touches gave the area a warm welcoming atmosphere. Their breakfast offerings were plentiful and displayed in a very sanitary manner. The waffle iron and batter is always a favorite of my husband. The complimentary USA Today is always a favorite of mine. When in the Pittsburg area again, we will certainly choose to stay at this inn.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank travelingduo_7
Kamlesh2500, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks you very much for feed back. We try our best to keep our product up to date, including all possible safety features, as of its industries standard. Therefor, our guest (and their kids) feel safe at our 'Days Inn'. Most of our guest are repeat guest, due to same reason like you have. Thanks again, and hope to see you again at our hotel in near future.

Reviewed April 23, 2007

This was a good location for an early morning flight the next day and we got a special rate that included free parking and shuttle. The hotel was clean and quiet - although the sheets did smell a bit of disinfectant. There also appeared to be a permanent resident in the room next to us (with wreath on the door and welcome mat) which was a little odd. The shuttle service was great and prompt. When we called as we walked through the airport the shuttle arrived just seconds later. Hotel was also convenient to an outback steakhouse and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank frieda-f
Kamlesh2500, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thanks for the feedback. For any reason if guest are not happy for any reason, and complain to FD associates, they are willing to offer another room (or free upgraded room, if available). Only we like to here from guest during their stay. Hope, you will give us chance to address your concern on your next stay at Days Inn.

Reviewed January 20, 2007

I ended up at the Days Inn by accident due to my flights being cancelled, I wound up having to spend 36 extra hours in Pittsburgh with very little money and patience, I just really wanted to get back home.

Stranded at the PIttsburgh airport and no rental cars available anywhere, I called the hotel directly, booked a room and within 5 minutes their shuttle van was outside waiting and took me right to the hotel.

The hotel itself is rather small, nothing extravagant but not bad at all if you need a place to sleep for the night. There's a Kmart within walking distance if you need to get snacks or last minute items. I was surprised at how quiet the hotel was, large planes were coming in for landing just outside my window and I hardly heard them. The room and bathroom are very simple, but I was impressed that I got what I needed for under $60. The front desk staff was great, and the shuttle was very convenient.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
3  Thank kga1978

Glad to see your positive comments about our Days Inn. We try our level best to keep our product up to date as of industries standard. and try our best to keep our room rates very competitive, so guest like you stay with us with happy feeling, and come back again with same confidence. Guest like you are our pride.

Reviewed November 9, 2006

We are local and stayed while our floors were being redone. Room was fine, but the pool was hard to access. It was locked and we had to go to the front desk when we wanted to use it (A lifeguard is required in Allegheny County )That was a bit of a pain, but overall an ok limited service hotel for the $$

Stayed: April 2006

Thanks for your feed back. Its not a Olympic size swimming pool, so life guard is not require. We have to follow all securities as of our franchise standard, there for it is possible that guest have to ask us to enter in swimming pool, very specially for kids. and its for every ones safety. Hope you understand our concern.

Reviewed November 5, 2006

I only stayed for one night but this hotel was very nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Since I was traveling alone, it was great that they gave me a room not too far from the elevator which made me feel very safe! Room was comfortable and clean. Bathroom was nice but just had a shower no tub. That was ok with me but would not be helpful with families. If I am in the area again, I would stay at this Days Inn again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank CtryMusicCrazy

Thanks for very positive feed back. We value your business. Guest like you are our pride. Thanks again, and hope you have a very wonderful day, as you are.

Reviewed December 31, 2005

This is a newer, but basic place to "lay your head" for a night. BUT, they bill themselves as an "airport" hotel with shuttle service to and from the airport. However, when we returned from our trip at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, I called for a pick-up and was told that they didn't have shuttle service between Noon and 5PM. I would have to wait until 5PM or take a taxi (which they would not pay for). My husband is elderly and I could not wait for 2 hours for a pick-up, so we took a taxi to the hotel to get our car and it cost us $16.00!! I would never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone who is depending on their "complimentary airport shuttle".

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank MSQueen

Thanks for showing your concern. We offer free shuttle service to our PARK, SLEEP & FLY guest and those book directly through our days inn web site and book directly by calling at hotel guest. all other guest (book through third party travel agent) are not qualified from free shuttle service, unless guest are agree to pay extra for shuttle service, and that all are described in web site as well. - We always advise our guest to call hotel directly for their reservation, so they can have all luxury without paying extra.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 11 in Coraopolis
Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airpor...
#2 of 2 in Findlay Township
Econolodge Inn & Suites
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#66 of 72 in Pittsburgh
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#53 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!