“Hidden Gem for Mexican !!”

Casa Toro Mexican Grill
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Coopersburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Florida
“Hidden Gem for Mexican !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Behind a non-descript store front in a dark corner is this must try Mexican restaurant . Lots of fresh tastes very reasonably priced, worth the trip !!! A full bar with plenty of choices. A rare event,my big eater husband could not finish his meal. Can be noisy so a good spot for a group, highly recommend this local favorite!!!'

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ontheroadagain1313

Allentown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

After checking the web and reading several good reviews I decided to take my family to Casa Toro in celebration of my wifes birthday. Soon after we arrived, I was disappointed. After being seated, it took 15 minutes for our waiter to arrive and take our drink order. We decided that since we had plenty of time to review the menu that we would order our main course at the same time. The waiter apologized profusely about the wait and was better attentive from there on out. The food was mediocre and the service was not much better. The portions are very large and a normal person would not be able to consume the entire dish. We went ahead and ordered a dessert dish, but it took another 20 minutes for that single dish to arrive. The atmosphere was loud and we had trouble hearing each other. After spending $100, we decided as a family not to return to this restaurant.

1 Thank TuckerRusty22
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Won't go back again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is the fifth time we've been here. I've had good service and food and I've had very bad service and food. Tonight was the final straw! We came for my birthday; I had a free coupon that they sent me in the mail because I belong to their member club. They also send you an email reminding you to use the coupon and this email has a promo code in it.
We showed up and ordered our meal. I mentioned to the waitress that I had the coupon but it was on my phone and asked if they could just use the promo code from there. She said that would probably be fine but that she'd have to check with the manager. Meanwhile I ordered a house margarita which is $10 and it was AWFUL - very sour. My daughter did not enjoy her chicken fingers and nachos which is VERY rare for her to complain about her food. My food was ok but a bit tasteless - I had the veggie burrito. The waitress came back and said they couldn't honor my coupon because I need the actual coupon with the bar code on it.
Are you kidding me????? What poor management!!! You can't just take my meal off the check? They obviously don't care about keeping loyal customers - I'm a member of their club, the email they send out has the identifying information they need but yet they couldn't comp my meal. Its the principle, it's not about the money. We will never go back.

3 Thank Kiddobug
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Muy Bueno!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Casa Toro serves Mexican cuisine. Everything is fresh. We tried the stuffed avocado for an appetizer, delicious. We had the chille rellenos, fish tacos (fish tacos? Yeah I thought that too but I tried it and was was really good) and enchilada. Everything we tried and shared was very good, very fresh. The house margarita was very good. For dessert we tried the flan and fried ice cream , again both were great. Cases Toro has to be one of the best restaurants in the Lehigh Valley if not the best. The prices are reasonable and everything was cooked to perfection. During their busy times it is a little noisy but a little noise is well worth tolerating for the quality and freshness that you will find at Casa Toro. Go with a few friends or family members, order different items on the menu and share. It's a great experience and you get to try a little of everything, maybe even something you never thought you would eat. Great time, great food and drinks. What more can you ask for?

Allentown
“Best Mexican in the Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We went there as a party of 6. We ordered enchiladas, burrito and other dinners. It was awesome with portions so large we all have lunch for tomorrow.
It is without a doubt the best Mexican food in the valley!