“Boo hoo”

Dining options: Reservations
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Boo hoo”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

As I wrote a glowing review recently, I have to tell of a not so perfect experience last night.

It was the first time we were there on a slow night. Unfortunately, the service was worse than usual. We didn't get the usual offer of a refill on nachos and the meal came out very slowly.

The worst part was that the sauce was terribly wrong. I always get the same dish with the same sauce - mild. I've had it, perhaps, 20 times. This time the sauce was so hot, I coughed, choked, gagged and my eyes watered for minutes after the first taste. The waitress assured me it was the mild sauce (three are offered - mild, medium and hot). She said that it was made fresh and so, sometimes, it varied in its flavor. However, my companion agreed that it was not the mild sauce we always had. It was more light colored and orange than the sauce we usually had and terribly terribly hot.

An offer was made to remake it without the sauce but we could not wait. They brought out a new portion of the sauce covered part of the dish - without any sauce. Not what I wanted.

Anyway, we won't be going again, I'm afraid. I'm very sad about this, but it's not worth the risk if there can't be consistency in food and service. Very sad...

• Visited February 2013

“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Best happy hour in the area.$5.00 appetizers and drink specials. Large portions. If you order a meal in the dining room, you'll have lunch for tomorrow.

Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“Local Gem!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Absolutely wonderful restaurant!! The food is fresh and authentic ... the service is wonderful. They have THE BEST house margarita of any Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. Their happy hour specials are fabulous. Can't say enough about how much we love Casa Toro!

• Visited January 2013
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great Authentic Mexican food. Reasonably priced. Great margherita. Good service. Encheladas were outstanding. Can get very busy. This place shames other Mexican restuarants in the Bally.

• Visited December 2012
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Favorite Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is by far the best salsa I have ever had. The tomatoes are so sweet and flavorful - extremely fresh. I ALWAYS have the veggie trio. Though others in my party aren't always as enthralled as I am, I love this place. the decor is sweet. The servers are usually very good. The prices are very good. Great place. (A little wait at times but worth it... And they have a "rewards" program, too.)

• Visited September 2012