“Great sandwiches!”

Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“Great sandwiches!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love the sandwiches at American. They are freshly made and have quality ingredients. We wish they had a whole grain bread to choose from. A little pricey, but worth the extra $.

Visited January 2013

“Hit or miss”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Never had a bad experience but plain and simple it seems when they first opened and the owners were in all the time everything was great but now i see the owners in less and less and things seem to be going downhill but never the less its way way way better than any other sammich shop. I'd rather eat amsam's garbage than anything from subway

Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“On the fence...”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I arrived around lunchtime on a day they were down an employee. It might be a good idea to have another employee to call in case of situations like this. After waiting 10 minutes in line to place an order I waited 30 minutes for my food to come out, a very simple veggie wrap without olives. The wrap was tasty...once I took out all of the olives. The price was very reasonable, the employees were very friendly and apologetic, and I really like to support independent small business owners but I still can't quite decide if I want to come back. 40 minutes to get an incorrectly prepared wrap was a definite turn off, despite everything else ASC has going for it.

Visited October 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“poor management”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The sandwich I ordered had 5 ingredients. Bread, chicken, lettuce, tomato, and honey mustard sauce. It took my order 22 minutes to be completed. The sandwich was exactly what was stated on the menu- bread, chicken, lettuce, tomato, and honey mustard sauce. There was nothing special about the sandwich

Other people in my party that ordered directly after me had to wait over 45 minutes after paying to get their food. At that point I was more interested in seeing how the staff could handle the pressure of a backed up rush. I was disappointed to see that even though there was a very long back up of tickets there was only one person making sandwiches (even though I saw 3 people behind the counter). She was trying her hardest, but did not have a system that allowed her to fill orders in a timely fashion.

Please take this as constructive criticism. If it takes over 20 minutes to make a mediocre sandwich, something is wrong with your production process. If it takes over 45 minutes to finish a simple sandwich, you should seek some help.

• Visited October 2012
PA
“American Sandwich Co Cafe - very good sandwhich!”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Coopersburg, PA - American Sandwhich Co Cafe
7001 Route 309 So at Fairmount St.
June 8, 2009

Great sandwich! I just went there for the first time today after seeing it open, then closed, then open finally again. You can read their back story on their website www.americansandwichco.com. Just wanted to quick say that I had their version of the french dip sandwich - Chicagoland Dip - and it was great. I'm pregnant and they warn against eating cold cuts... so the owners ran the meat through the toaster over once before making the sandwich and toasted the whole thing the second time around. I'm really picky about breads and their fresh bread had just the right taste and consistency (sp?). It was toasted just the right amount - warm and slightly crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Crispy enough that it had a satisfying crunch but not so hard that you'll cut the inside of your mouth. Enough meat so that you don't feel cheated (they weigh it out) but not so much that that is all you taste. Again, just right. The cheese was tasty and well melted. The au jus mixture wasn't too salty either. (I don't like it when the au jus is so salty you don't actaully taste the sandwich itself). I probably could have eaten it w/o the au jus. You can tell the quality of the ingreadients was very high.

I suggest getting the "Biggie" size. For about $1.50 more, you get double the sandwich size. I saw other customers get salads in pretty big bowls! The service is a little slow but very nice and accommadating (sp?). They might just be shorthanded as they just reopened and are looking to hire someone.

I was too focused on my sandwich to notice too much of the decor but from what i can remember - it was spacious, clean and warmly appointed. Cafe tables and even a few club chairs. Definitely tasteful enough for casual business lunches. (People eating there included two business gentlemen, a teenager or twenty-something guy, a bunch of ladies obviously out enjoying a lunch together and some other people getting take out)

Think of this place as a much much nicer and homier feeling version of a Quiznos (which the owners had owned once). I think they also make their own sides and homemade cookies. I also read a sign touting some sort of special iced-tea. I think true to their intentions, the food is good enough and different enough that you won't feel like you're in a chain.