“Fun Murder Mystery Weekend”
Review of Gateway Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooksburg
Gateway Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Cooksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have been wanting to go to the Gateway Lodge for a few years. We booked the Murder Mystery Weekend which includes your meals as well as some exciting action!
The weekend started with a warm welcome at the front desk and a nice tour of the hotel as well as orientation to our room. A personal tour is a nice touch and made us feel welcome.
Our room was 206, a suite facing the rear of the hotel. The room was nicely sized, with a huge king sized bed, jacuzzi tub and gas fireplace. There is a balcony with comfortable rocking chairs facing a rocky wooded hillside. We enjoyed sitting on the patio and also used the relaxing Jacuzzi tub. We used the fireplace frequently, I enjoyed sitting in bed in the morning drinking my coffee (complimentary coffee in the great room each morning, sent my wonderful husband to get it). There was even water in the fridge as well as some complimentary snacks!
All meals were good and plentiful. The bar is nicely stocked and also has an impressive wine list.
All of the staff was wonderful and played into the
Mystery theme of the weekend.
The lodge has an impressive great room with a wood burning fireplace with plenty of comfortable seating areas. There is also an outside community deck with a fire pit. We did not have a chance to use the spa but I heard that it was wonderful.
There are several area stores if you like to shop for arts and crafts/country decor.
The murder mystery was great fun and we truly enjoyed meeting new people. It seemed that everyone had a great time.
We will definitely return, hopefully for the wine and dine weekend.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the rear of the building, they seem quiet.
1  Thank WarmWeatherLovers

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Recently we had the pleasure of staying at Gateway Lodge for a second time. This time we chose to do the "Wine and Dine" weekend package, and were VERY impressed even for our second visit. The experience was nothing short of amazing in every way, from the breathtaking room to the amazing dinner and professional and courteous staff it is absolutely something we will be making time and time again. While on this stay I also proposed to my now fiance, who thought the whole weekend was perfect!.

Room Tip: The rooms are great, enjoy the rooms and the spa!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Second trip to lodge, the first was great two years ago the second not so much. After driving two 1/2 hours to the lodge, we arrived to a room above the conference room center. Please scan their website is there any mention of rooms in this location across the way from the main resort. You won't find any because the rooms are disgusting! The description they provided was these rooms were newly renovated, but when I commented the carpet seemed dirty the reception said "no its just really old". The chair looked looked like Archie Bunker's and the bed spread was so bad that I was afraid to sit on let alone cover up with it. Lastly the lighting was both dark and dingy. When we approached the Inn of our concerns, they stated oh well. No offer to make other accommodations, no offer to discount the room, no mention to do anything to help our situation. We canceled our reservations and left. I have recommended the lodge in the past, but refuse to do so going forward. Whether its a weekend away, anniversary or some other special occasion the Gateway Lodge does not make your stay their priority. They objective is to mislead their guest of their specific accommodations so that they can charge their premium rate for your weekend stay.

9  Thank Denise F
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'd been wanting to go here for awhile, and decided to purchase their Mother's Day package. We stayed two nights, and found the room to be very comfortable (the bed was great) and the facilities were lovely. The spa was excellent (I had scalp and foot massage -ahhhhh!) and my only gripe is that service at the restaurant must have been short staffed, because we waited over 45 minutes on Friday night for a 7:30 reservation - so we were starving. My snobbishhusband wasn't too impressed with the food, but I thought it was good. Breakfast, however, was better. We also drove to a hike...yes, DROVE! :) I can't wait to go back - most relaxing weekend I've had in a long time!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pittsurghpair
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I planned this trip as surprise Anniversary present for my husband. The surprise was a success and we loved every minute. The front desk was nothing but cheerful and hospitable and the dining staff was the same. We cannot wait till our next trip!!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We've been there twice and have always been happy with the service and friendliness. The food is very good, and "nouveau" without being annoying about it and the atmosphere is high-quality without being pompous. The local area has plenty to do for a couple or a family.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I got married in front of the fireplace in the great room seven years ago. With a couple exceptions, we have spent our anniversaries here. The staff is helpful and friendly and the food is to die for. We love just spending time in front of the fire and meeting other guests. It is a perfect, relaxing get away for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooksburg
Park Inn by Radisson Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
#2 of 9 in Clarion
14 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Clarion

Been to Gateway Lodge? Share your experiences!