“Will will return!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chiangmai
Ranked #3 of 82 Restaurants in Conshohocken
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Will will return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our first visit and we loved it here. Efficient service and excellent food. We ate in but they also have take-out. The dining area is small so make reservations. We were lucky to be able to get seated without them on a Friday night. The place was full when we left. The interior is all hard surfaces so it gets chatty. If you need a quiet spot this isn't it.

• Visited March 2013

West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Curry, yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Picked up dinner from this restaurants a few days back. It was awesome and worth every penny! I had the Massaman Curry and my bf had the duck which looked and tasted amazing! The tulip dumpling were delish!

We ordered using Zuppler.com and got 20% off of our first order. Will be back!

Visited February 2013
Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The first thing that hits you about this place is the way the tables are crammed in. Menu is ok but not extensive. Food was good but, as said in another review, is an americanised version of real Thai food. Now to the bad bits. Firstly, all 4 of us received our main courses before we finished our starters. The waitress just continued to find spaces for the plates on the table. When the bill arrived, it was around $80. We rounded it up to 90 and the waitress left only to return, bang down the bill and challenged us as to what was wrong and why we had not tipped 18%. I find the tipping culture in the states annoying at the best of times (if the employer can't pay a decent wage in the first place, why expect the customers to top it up) but this was way over the top. In my opinion a place to be avoided at all costs unless your idea of a good night out is to be served a meal in about 20 minutes flat and then get challenged if you don't leave a 20% tip

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Jack can talk Thai. Jack talked Thai real well.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a quick bite to eat in the Conshohocken area. We came across Chiangmai on the internet. I called around 6:30 pm on a Friday night and asked if they had any room for 2 people for dinner and that we'd be there in 15 minutes. Surprisingly, they took my name and as soon as we showed up we were seated. It's a BYOB but we weren't prepared or planned to be eating here so we just ordered food. I ordered the lemongrass soup and the thai basil chicken - both were delicious. My girlfriend ordered the standard pad thai chicken. We were in and out probably within 35 minutes. The place has a nice cozy feel and all of the employees are very friendly and welcoming. I will definitely be back here and that says a lot because I rarely make that statement.

• Visited January 2013
Philly
“Might Become My New Go To Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Had takeout this weekend after seeing the high praise here. Totally understand based on my Drunken Noodles entree which was out of this world good. Curry was also top notch as were the apps.
Looking forward to trying other items on the menu. It is a small BYOB but that Sunday night there were plenty of open tables available. It is located across the street from Blackfish and Flanigan's.

• Visited January 2013