“Above average sliders, below average service”
Review of Great American Pub

Great American Pub
Ranked #16 of 82 Restaurants in Conshohocken
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

While looking for a place to have lunch outside we drove by the Great American Pub. It looked great from the outside with canopy covered boothes so we decided to check it out. In order to sit outside you had to go inside first and it was very difficult to find the host stand. The stand was located in what seemed to be the basement of the restaurant and was being patrolled by two men who didn't look like they worked there. We were on the top floor waiting to be acknowledged and we ended up finding a waitress and asking her how we got seated. She informed us that the two men who had been staring at us were the hosts and that they could seat us. It would have been nice if the hosts would have came and greeted us since they were aware that we were standing there, and it didn't help that they were a little rude. The service was pretty poor and we had to wait for about 10 minutes to have our drink order taken. We ordered two appetizers since they didn't have any lunch specials and we just wanted something light. We ordered kobe beef sliders and a crab cake. I've had much better crab cakes elsewhere but the sliders were pretty good. The bill was pretty expensive for three sliders, one crab cake, and two beers with the total coming to $45. I would recommend skipping this place and trying a different place for lunch.

2  Thank Ash D
There are newer reviews for Great American Pub

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went with seven of my colleagues and the moment we arrived it went from bad to worse. First of all, since we had a big group we asked if we could join two tables, and the waitress gave us "a look". After waiting for 15 minutes, one of us had to get up to ask for the menus. We got our drinks and lunch. The garbage salad, was nothing like the menu described, but rather very true to its name, pure garbage. Lots of lettuce, one piece of salami, and maybe half a slice of cheese! My cobb salad was looking better until I found a piece of Metal Wire on it. I almost chocked! After i asked the waitress to call the manager, he came out 10 minutes later. The waitress never apologized, the manager offered me a replacement, which i declined. My friends french fries were cold and had a very strange color. We had to ask twice for refills, and no surprise, they gave us the exact same plastic cups, and we had to figure out which one was ours! This was the worst lumch ever!!! Never again!!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The food is great, the beer selection is pretty good. Sometimes the service can be a bit spotty but overall is pretty good.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great atmosphere and the menu has a nice variety. Service was good and beer was cold. Lots of sports on TV. We'll be backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My daughter and I just happened to drive by this restaurant on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and noticed all of the people seated outdoors. We decided to give it a try. What a great choice! We sat outside under a canopied deck table and enjoyed the people watching and cars driving by. Our waitress was very nice and offered fast service. After sitting outside for 15 minutes, we decided it was getting cooler so our waitress very kindly moved us inside where it was warmer. The hand-off between wait staff was quick and efficient. Our meals were delicious! My burger was cooked exactly to order and my daughter's pizza was one of the best that she's ever had--thin crust, delicious cheese. Nice indoor decor and good mix of young people, families with children, and older adults. Can't go wrong here!