“Terrible service”

Southern Cross Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Cross Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 83 Restaurants in Conshohocken
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Had a decent lunch so decided to try it for dinner. Never again. The place is cute but very noisy. Our service was the worst I have had in a long time. The waitress was late coming over after we sat, when she brought the wine she just opened and poured it, no inspection, no tasting offered, I ordered an extra glass of wine that she never brought (the hostess got it for me after I complained) and then she brought the dessert tray but since I was in the restroom left it on the table for 10 minutes until we got the hostess to remove it and get our check. The hostess was very apologetic, but I have never had such bad service. The food was not even that great. The fried green tomatoes were delicious but my sea bass special was dry and no so special. The hostess did offer to send me a gift card so we'll see if it comes. I would attempt lunch again but never dinner.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had lowered my expectations for this restaurant as I had read the TA reviews prior to our visit. I was very pleasantly surprised by both the food and service. Both were very good. We ate upstairs after having a drink at the bar. The fried calamari appetizer and the Margarita shrimp both were delicious. They had a ton of flavor and everyone in our group really enjoyed them. Two people got the Cross Burger, one the fried chicken and I had the ahi tuna special. We all loved our entrees and finished them despite the hugeness of the burger for my friends. I did not care for the Brussels,sprouts side I ordered as the pancetta was really underdone and fatty. I liked the chocolate chip bread pudding itself but I was not a fan of the bourbon glaze. Just personal preference. I thought there was great value for the money. 4 people with apps, drinks, entrees and dessert was just hinder $200 without tip. I would definitely go back again. They do play live music upstairs on Friday night so it was really difficult to talk over that. I'd ask for a table downstairs next time.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was very excited to see a southern food place offering some of my favorite dishes. Unfortunately I was very disappointed by the quality of food. It's way over priced for both the quality and quantity of food. We ordered three sharing plates, unfortunately two of them were disappointing. The shrimp and grits was tasty but had only three shrimps for a price of $15! The fired oysters had absolutely no seasoning, not in the oysters nor in the batter, absolutely none! The remoulade sauce saved the day! The third dish of fried green tomatoes were the only dish which we enjoyed but even that had only two for a price of $10. The only saving grace was a good selection of beer. I was excited to try them out but don't think we will be back.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

A shame in that it offered some of my favorite foods--fried oysters, meatloaf, halibut--but none were memorable. I suggest skipping it.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I went here the other night with a group from work to celebrate the conclusion of a project. I liked the place. We had a few different appetizers and they were all pretty good. The beer selection was great. The bartender and staff were pleasant and personable.