“Pleasant work event”

Southern Cross Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Cross Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 83 Restaurants in Conshohocken
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I went here the other night with a group from work to celebrate the conclusion of a project. I liked the place. We had a few different appetizers and they were all pretty good. The beer selection was great. The bartender and staff were pleasant and personable.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ate dinner there tonight. Ordered the swordfish and asked for it "on the rare side". It arrived at the table barely seared on the outside and absolutely raw in the middle - lived up to its name of needing a sword or saw to even cut it. Sent it back and when it returned, it smelled like a fishing boat, whose decks have not been cleaned in a year. The manager came to the table and proceeded to tell me she has been in the restaurant business for 20 something years and this fish was fresh - just came in today. Well, call me an unsophisticated country bumpkin from the Upper West Side of Manhattan; nevertheless, that fish was foul!!! Such an attitude from someone at a two bit cajun wannabe in Conshohocken. I sent the fish back and ordered the pumpkin gnocchi instead - can I say I have never ingested wall paper paste before, but I can only imagine this gnocchi was a close cousin - hint to the chef - don't overcook it til it disintegrates!!! Needless to say - food was awful and service was arrogant at best and nonplussed at worst - hint to the staff - the customer is supposed to be right - especially when they are right!!! Next time, I'll take my nine year old's advice and do McD's drive thru - food is better and service much more pleasant and cheerful!

1  Thank AnnabelleLeePony
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went here with a group of 7 people for brunch. The food was amazing. There was a nice variety of different things, many people at my table ordered the pork belly benny and really liked it. I had the huevos rancheros, which were nicely done. While the food was awesome, the service was not. The service was incredibly slow. The food came out at all different times, and I thought maybe it was because we had a large group, but I noticed that this happened at a few other tables. We were there for almost 2 hours from start to finish, not because we were lingering, but because that's how long the entire meal took. I would go back because of the food, but go in knowing that I might be there awhile.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We held a rehearsal dinner for our son and fiancée last Friday 8/9/13. We had the private room upstairs for 34 people. They set up the tables exactly the way we wanted in order for everyone to view the video of the childhood photos of the bride and groom-to-be. We left many sunflower arrangements in different sizes on the bar for the staff to place on the tables, the bar and the dessert buffet, and other items, they did an wonderful job adding their creative style to make it look perfect. We had plenty of room to walk around and hang out at the bar before dinner was served.

The food was excellent! All of the appetizers for the cocktail hour were passed or were placed on the buffet, they offered a wide selection and all of them were so delicious, and plenty for everyone, not sure if we even finished all of them.
The entrees were fabulous that the bride and groom-to-be choose. All entrees were large portions. The Chicken Jambalaya, of course, plenty of chicken, sausage and a good kick to it. Meatloaf absolutely superb. Sautéed Chicken had the perfect ingredients. I tried the Grilled Catfish when we went to taste the food about 2 months before. I told a few people to order it. They were giving me thumbs up during dinner. Grilled Catfish, out of this world!
An assortment of mini desserts were the perfect ending to a wonderful dinner. And of course, everyone loved the many varieties of beer! We had beer and wine for the evening. It was a fun atmosphere, a great time.

We worked with Tori who was always available when we had questions or needed information. She was so helpful with her suggestions and very professional. She knows the restaurant business and how the private party would flow upstairs. Tori and the staff did such a great job the bride, groom and everyone was so pleased with the entire evening. Compliments to the Chef, Tori and the entire staff at Southern Cross Kitchen!! Thank you so much. We will be back soon!

1  Thank Marian G
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining at Southern Cross Kitchen, located on 1st Ave. in Conshohocken, a southern food restaurant located right in the heart of Conshy.

We ordered the cheesesteak egg rolls as an appetizer, which were delicious - a perfect combination of meat and cheese wrapped in a spring roll wrapper and fried.

For dinner we ordered the jambalaya with a side of the mac and cheese and the fried chicken sandwich, which comes with a side of fries.

The sandwich was very good, but the chicken was the real star of the show, however, unfortunately masked by all the other flavors on the sandwich. The fries were fantastic as well.

The jambalaya was definitely the star of the show. Chicken and sausage, with a little bit of heat and a lot of flavor. The mac and cheese (which is served as a side or as an entree) was very good, however, I definitely recommend that you order it as a side.

1  Thank GNRMatt