“nice lunch place”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 11, 2012

very small but food is great with down home service

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Friends who live in Conshohocken suggested we order take it from El Limon because the restaurant is SO small and all the tables were full when we drove by, so take out was great! (Though you will have to make your own margaritas!). Prices are very reasonable. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We tried all the opes types and enjoyed them all. I had the steak burrito and it was huge and delicious--get the mole sauce, it was wonderful--sweet and savory with great spice! My friend enjoyed the vegetable quesadilla very much and the chorizo sopes were a favorite of my other friend. I'm glad we decided to take out rather than eat in and it's an excellent option if you want great food but don't want to wait to get in the restaurant. Their chips are also worth ordering if you get the take out--crispy, salty and light (and great with their guac!). My friends and I will be back whether we eat in or take out. If you are in the area it's worth a try for some delicious mexican food at much cheaper prices than other mexican restaurants in the area. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 10, 2012

They actually serve free margaritas!

and now for those who actually continued reading:
The food is excellent. Not very different from your "typical mexican" but better than most.
It's a little very casual place that is great for lunch. It's definitely not a place for a fancy dinner or a romantic date. It is very simple and functional. It's a great place if you are, for example, visiting the nearby Ikea and don't feel like Swedish food...

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Great food. I go here about once per week until I got my cholesterol checked. A nice family runs the place, and makes the food. I enjoy it every time I go.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

We visited this restaurant to find that the service was very good; the food was more than satisfactory and the prices were a lot better than coyote crossing. i would definitely go back!
One of the owners handles the waiting and busboy staff and is herself a member assuring efficiency. The other is the chef. The combination provides predictable service and food quality. The dining room is a little tight but you do get free margheritas to offset this inconvenience.
Be aware that you have to extra for tortilla chips and sauce and any requests for additional sour cream, tomatoes etc which are not on your meal plate. by the way you get very little of each.
In summary El Limon is a very good, down to earth mexican restaurant worth going to if you are looking for a good value mexican meal without atmosphere. it could be fun if you bring your own tequila, beer or wine.