“Pet Friendly”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Conshohocken
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Conshohocken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I selected this hotel due to its pet friendliness, along with the reasonable ($75) pet fee, and its location. This was a one-night visit and I stayed in a studio room, which met my needs. Check in was fairly quick and uneventful. The room was clean and had everything I needed. The hotel is set up a little different in that the lobby is actually on the 2nd level so when you initially enter you will need to go up a floor. The parking is free, but the spaces are a little tight. It's convenient (walking distance) to local eateries and the regional rail train which travels into downtown Philly. It is also convenient to local major highways (the Blue Route - 476 and the Schuylkill Expressway - 76).

Because it is right next to the train tracks, you may hear noise from the trains from time to time, but the rooms are well appointed and have nice amenities. If I was looking for a pet-friendly hotel again and was staying in the area I would return to this Marriott property.

Room Tip: Try for a room not on the side of the train tracks...you may still hear the noise from the train, bu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We spent a night at the hotel in July. We chose this hotel due to its close proximity to a SEPTA station. We took a train to downtown Philly to attend an event and we did not want to deal with downtown traffic and parking. Amenities and our room furnishings at this Residence Inn were typical; like any other RI. In addition, the hotel has a small basketball court and their pool is indoor.

Pros:
- Hotel staff were friendly.
- Very spacious (larger than their standard) corner 1 bedroom suite.
- Plenty of free parking, some covered.
- Train (SEPTA regional) to/from Philly downtown; station is only 5 minute walk from hotel.

Cons:
- Our room was on the top floor facing a train track. Noises from the trains didn't bother us a lot (it was only a night stay for us), but could be an issue if you are a light sleeper.
- Hotel is tucked away among office buildings. Other than a nice bicycle/walking trail in front of the hotel, we didn't find anything else interesting to walk to.

I would stay here again if our travel plan includes taking a SEPTA train.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The train makes it's last run about 1am, and the first run about 6:30am. It is right outside your window and the conductor likes the sound of the horn! Turn off the heat/ air conditioning unit before you try to sleep, it is loud and rattles every 10 minutes as it cycles on and off. Better to roast or freeze, in silence. Well, except for the train!!! The water in the shower also turns on and off. I mean actually no water, then water! Like someone bending a garden hose and releasing it. Very strange! There are other hotels in the area. For $179 a night in Conshohocken, I expect better!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is my second stay here in the last few months and I must note that the house cleaning staff has left me disappointed. The first stay my coffee cup and coffee maker were not cleaned.On the second trip it happened again and the next night the cups disappeared. Not sure that they weren't rushed since our beds were poorly made or not made at all.
The room next door had a dog barking (dog friendly hotel). They might think of keeping them in one section of the hotel. Appearance of hotel and kitchen staff were friendly and helpful.
Not sure I would stay here again with the Marrriott around the corner . A little more expensive but worth it.
Not sure I would stay here again

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just stayed ths past weekend and found the hotel staff to be very friendly and accomodating. Hot breakfast was included in the price of the stay and plenty of free parking. Our room was clean and comfortable and it was an easy drive back and forth to the downtown area as well as Philly U. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here more than 3 years ago. We loved staying in Conshohoken when visiting in Philly. We checked in then went out for dinner. Upon returning we has to pass the front desk and as I looked over I recognized the front desk person and she recognized me. With a huge smile she was excited and said it was great to see me again and that it has been a long time. She even asked about my family.
Breakfast was great and the dinner the previous night was pretty good. Now I realized how much I missed the Residence Inn. I love this Marriott property!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have stayed here several times while children were in college nearby. Always treated well. This trip was last minute when we got the call that the first grandchild was about to arrive ....momentarily!
We screwed up the reservation but the front desk people sorted it out. Our room was nice as always, but knowing that our kids were driving up the next day, we felt it would be cramped. The front desk said there were no two bedroom suites left, but if one did open up, they would let us know. When we returned from the hospital very late, there was a congratulations card signed by the entire staff and a message that they were upgrading to make things easier for us! It moved us deeply and reconfirmed that the people at this Residence will go out of their way to make you feel like family!
BTW, bring your bikes as the beautiful Schuylkill River Trail is right in front of the building.

Room Tip: I like trains so the room facing the tracks was enjoyable. Others might request an inside room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IMCityboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conshohocken
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia P...
#3 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Conshohocken? Share your experiences!