“Authentic Italian Food and Then Some”
Review of Trattoria Totaro's

Trattoria Totaro's
Ranked #7 of 84 Restaurants in Conshohocken
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is different than Totaro's Restaurant on E. Hector St. (this is two blocks away), but owned by the same family. Phone is 610-828-7050. Fax is 610-828-7052
Reviewed June 3, 2011

At the recommendation of the ladies at the famous Conshohocken Bakery, we visited Trattoria for lunch. Visitors to Italy many times, we never expect too much when restaurants call themselves authentic. What a surprise. The restaurant sparkles with cleanliness. Our server was lovely and attentive. We started with their Caesar salad, while it had a little too much dressing, oh what a dressing it was. I could probably drink it. Normally the "he" prefers thinner veal, but it was tender yet not remarkable. But not a dish I would rate a restaurant on. The marinara sauce was spot on. My shrimp and scallop scampi ($13 lunch portion) was to die for, garlicky, buttery, oily, and ample seafood. Garlic bread was just so-so. Could use a re-do. But for scooping up my scampi sauce, it works well. I so want to return soon to try something different.