“no consistency”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This diner is a hit or miss proposition. It seems that you never know what to expect. The last time there, the meatloaf was cold and seemed old. The time before that it was hot and fresh. It also does not seem like the cooks have a knowledge of what they are cooking. For example.....ravioli parmagian has coem out with parm cheese, or sometimes with mozzerrella or once with grated cheese.......

BTW...when this diner opened it was great.......Now such a dissapoiontment

2  Thank fred2380

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I have ate at the diner a few times. I seem to have a different experience each time. Sometimes, the service is okay and other time, service is horrible. The food is not that great. I have tried both lunch and breakfast. Their breakfast has been disgusting every time. I tried the waffle with strawberries and that is actually pretty good. They use fresh strawberries which is a plus. The lunch was so-so. The buffet seems to be crowded every time I go there. However, for $10.95, I would not get my money's worth bc I do not eat that much. The atmosphere of the diner is odd. Mixed and matched decor. The bathrooms are dark and the sinks only have cold water, which is not helpful when it's already 30 degrees outside. If there was another diner around that was not gross, I would not go to Andy's anymore. I am not sure why this area does not have quality diners.

1  Thank Cmf719
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I been there 3 times. Twice for breakfast and once for lunch. The breakfast weeekend buffet is ok. you may get cooked all the way bacn you may not. The potaotes may me a liitle raw some may be done. the sausage maybe over cooked and as hard as a stick but that what you get for going to a buffet. The reason that i will never go back is because when i asked for a side of may o fo my burger there was lettuce in it and carrots. i showed my hubby and had him ask the server to bring a side out. he had the same issue. They dont care what they serve u and long as u pay

1  Thank sweetpecantandy
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Awful all around! Stopped here with wife and kids on way home from Philly, and only out of desperation since all of our favorite breakfast spots in Philly were jam packed on New Year's Day. We should have driven the extra hour home! The wait to be seated wasn't bad despite being so busy. After that, it was all bad. No kids menu, which is ridiculous since our kids don't eat that much. The smallest thing my son could get was two eggs with bacon for over $6, which came with a mound of home fries that my son didn't want. There was no option to waive the potatoes like I have seen with other diners. My wife and I both got omelettes and both were swimming in grease. I know that eggs and breakfast will be somewhat greasy at diners, but I can't remember grease being so visible on any omelet I have eaten. I had a florentine omelette with spinach that wasn't even close to being fresh, but was priced like it should be. My wife had a cheese omelet that she was unhappy with. Messing up an omelette is hard to do, but they did a great job of that here. Also, both our omelette came with giant piles of home fries that one of us would have declined if that option were available. Lastly, all of our toast was soggy, soft, and barely toasted. I've never had my kids say they didn't like the toast (until today)!
As for the service, that was bad too! Our server disappeared immediately after serving our food and never returned. I couldn't even find him to ask for some tobasco sauce, so I just ate my omelette without. I finally tracked our server down to refill my coffee that had been empty for 20 minutes. My son could have used a refill of chocolate milk, but we were pretty much done by this point. I should have asked for the check then, but he disappeared again, this time leaving us sit there for 15-20 minutes after we had finished our meals. My wife had to flag him down just to get the check.
At this point I wish it were over, but even paying the bill was a challenge. You couldn't tell which line was coming and which one was going. As it turned out, there was like three different lines trying to get to the register. I know it was busy, but this was ridiculous! Add another 10 minutes to pay the bill. While I was waiting in one of the lines, I heard an older couple complaining to the owner (at least I think he was the owner) that they had been waiting 40 minutes to be seated after being told 20 minutes for the wait time. I told them that they should leave now while they can. It's totally not worth waiting for bad food and bad service!

1  Thank Tod217
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Visited this diner on the weekend unaware that they have an "all you can eat" brunch. Needless to say it was very crowded and noisy. Service was hard to come by and everyone seemed panicked. Food was good and priced well.