“Never again....”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We've been going to Andy's since they opened, and every time we go back, we seem to say "never again" but I mean it this time. We had decided we would only go for the breakfast buffet, which is pretty good, but when we got there at 8am on Sunday, it hadn't started yet. It is from 9-2pm. So, we decided to get omlettes. I ordered a cheddar cheese omlette and my husband ordered an onion omlette. When our waitress came with the meal, she said to my husband, "they put cheese on your omlette, is that ok??" (NO, that isn't ok!!) He made a face of displeasure, but said it was "fine" because he is always reluctant to send food back for the obvious unknown of what could be happening back in the kitchen when a plate of food is sent back... My omlette had about 1 square inch of cheese and it wasn't even melted into the omlette. Needless to say, neither one of us were very satisfied with our meals. The potatoes were not evenly hot. My main questioin is, what did the waitress think, when she grabbed the plate with the omlette with cheese and onion, KNOWING it was not what was ordered? Normally we say, "It's not the waitresses fault" but in this case, since she KNEW it wasn't the right order she is partially to blame. She should not have brought it out to us knowing it wasn't correct expecting us to just take it. We liked going there because they are open 24 hours, and even though we live a good 20 minutes from this diner, it was worth the ride (at one time) because they were open 24 hours, and I often work until 9PM. They have an ok- at best salad bar. The lettuce is dripping wet, and the pasta and potato salads are a bit bland. They also have soup at the salad bar that was pretty good. However, after today's experience it sort of puts the "icing on the cake" so to speak, and we will not be going back.

1  Thank Cin4513
There are newer reviews for Andy's Diner & Pub

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Decided to stop here while vacationing in Norristown PA, because the night before we saw that the parking lot was packed. Figured it must be a good place to eat, and it was. Everything we ate (chipped beef gravy, home fries, eggs, bacon) was very good. The restaurant was clean...and very attractively decorated with photos of movie stars and other entertainers. Service was very attentive and food was finished quickly. Also have a buffet bar for lunch and dinner. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Andy's opened and the food was great, over the past year it has gone downhill. If your going for a sandwich your ok, burgers are good but the hot dishes are not great anymore. I used to get the chicken croquettes, they were fresh, homemade and so delicious. The last time I tried them, about 8 months age they were inedible, and I sent them back. I thought I would try them again recently, they were worse, tasted like they were just taken from the freezer and microwaved, dry as a bone inside. Not sure if there is a new chef, or no chef at all, just workers but there used to be a good chef. Sandwiches, burgers, fries all very good, just not the stuff I go to a diner for. The salad bar isn't as good as before either with very salty soups. Disappointing to say the least.

2  Thank Slam2u2
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Have had several "Greek" things over several visits -- disappointing, especially the spinach pie that was dry, flavorless, and had a horrible crust. Didn't know you could do that with phyllo!

On the other hand, standard pub fare (wings, steak sandwich, burgers) are okay.

Beer choices are limited -- and they'll give you a frozen glass if you can't convince them to warm one up. Bar staffing is minimal in off-hours -- they work hard, but one person can't haul ice, change kegs, and notice you need another in any proper way.

Blintzes are excellent.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

A friend and I went for brunch and really enjoyed authentic diner food. Our waitress, Bonnie, made the entire experience awesome. She was wonderful! The diner recently added cheese blintzes to their menu so we had to try those--order them with the strawberries they were delicious (and about double the size of any other blintz I've ever had). My friend had scrambled eggs, corned beef hash and home fries, I had the stuffed french toast with eggs. They also had espresso on the menu which was unique and we enjoyed it! The setting is great, food was excellent, service was wonderful. We will be back and Andy's gets this jersey girl's diner stamp of approval!