“Average”

Transit: Minutes from the Conshohocken train station
Florida
“Average”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Visited for lunch with a couple friends after coming across a Groupon. We visited early on a Sunday afternoon and the place was pretty empty. The signage outside wasn't the best and although it's quite spacious inside I wasn't very impressed with the décor. They offered their version of a Sunday brunch which basically was $20 or $25 for bottomless mimosas or bloody marys plus a choice of select entrée items from the menu. We opted to go with the standard menu and all had salads. Mine was some type of harvest salad...the exact name escapes me now, but I added salmon and it was quite good and a very nice portion size. My lunch mates salads were on the smaller side and they thought they were good, but not great. I forget exactly what kinds of salads they had. We also had dessert, chocolate bread pudding and orange crème brulee. The bread pudding was average, but looked like it would taste awesome. The crème brulee was pretty good.

Service was okay. Nothing extraordinary and nothing terrible either.

Overall, it was just an average experience and I doubt I will return, but it was nice to visit a local establishment instead of a standard chain restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Not much to look at, but the Sushi is delish!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spamps is not much to look at -- in fact I'm sure that many people when first entering wonder what they've gotten themselves into -- but if you stick it out and enjoy a few beers and sushi you will not be disappointed. The wait staff is OK, the sushi chefs are great. The owner\manager is also a little annoying if he pays you a visit and tells one of his greatly recycled jokes. If you haven't noticed at this point in the review yet, I am a regular customer and have never been disappointed by the food. The non-shusi menu is about what you'd expect from a local tavern - not bad, but not something you'd write a good review about either. I highly recommend the place for Sushi and drinks at the bar, and wouldn't offer an opinion one way or the other about other options on the menu.

• Visited April 2013
Haverford, Pennsylvania
“Great food!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Food was delicious and piping hot when it was delivered to the table. Six people- five had seafood and one had a steak. My scallops were some of the best scallops I've had and the butterfish was great as well. The bar was hopping when we were on our way out, with great music. Will be going again

• Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Tasteless food.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Service was great. But the food is tasteless. Calamari badly needed salt even after I dipped it in marinara sauce. The chicken breast is dry. Their version of bouillabaisse is very bitter like it's been cooked to burn. It lacks seasoning and it's very soupy. To top it all off, everything on the menu is very expensive. I can't believe the resto charges so much for bad food. We won't be back, that's for sure!

• Visited February 2013
“Surprisingly Delicious.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The sushi is Off The Hook!!!! They make some of their own creations. Fresh, chilled and reasonable. Restaurant area is dark & somewhat dingy but the food makes up for the appearance. If you like sushi you have to go!