“Amazing Food, Reasonable Prices”
Review of The Italian Oven

The Italian Oven
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Italian Oven has been one of my favorite restaurants for as long as I can remember. I have never, ever had a bad meal here. The servings are very generous, especially for the price you pay. I've tried many of the items on the menu, from salads to pizza to pasta, and am never disappointed. You can tell that much care is taken to make sure the food is prepared well. The atmosphere is quaint and comfortable. I'm always very happy with the service here. My absolute favorite appetizer is the breaded zucchini, and my favorite dish is the Fresh as a Breeze pasta. Whether you're taking the family out for a convenient dinner or going out to celebrate a special occasion, you really can't go wrong with the Italian Oven.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The service is speedy and friendly, restaurant is clean, and the food is delicious--from salad to entree. Especially, the cheese lasagna with mananara sauce. I go to this restaurant once a month or more. I Have had a salad for lunch, and I have always been satisfied. The servings are plentiful--enough to take home.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I enjoy the tasty menu choices and good service at Italian Oven. (And we always have leftovers to smile about a 2nd time.) We eat there as often as we can (end of Aug. 2013 was our most recent stop), but also try to make sure that we don't need to use their rest rooms. Each is in need of immediate cleaning and significant upgrading. Each is cruddy and dingy. I've mentioned this drawback to the manager but haven't seen improvement yet. I have family members who would disown me if I took them there because of the restrooms, so they're limiting their appeal because of that. The food is worth going for (vegeboli especially) but they need to spend money (not millions, just hundreds) on the physical structure so that their repulsive restrooms are soon a thing of the past, I hope.

2  Thank Deb M
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We are locals who always forget about this place. I needed a 'nice' dinner for a special occasion but was limited with time, so I chose this restaurant based on location. Glad I did! Food was excellent. Price was very reasonable, especially given the large portion and complimentary wine/beer. I hadn't told my husband the 'secret' about the complimentary wine, and he thought I was crazy when I ordered a wine. Even he was pleasantly surprised. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Italian oven is among the rare number of restaurants in Connellsville that is reasonably priced and delicious. Our fried breaded zucchini appetizer was amazingly tasty and light. Pastas were delicious, without too much salt or spices on any dish. The food was fresh and the service was marvelous. I could tell by the extremely busy dining room that this restaurant is a Connellsville favorite.