“Good food at a reasonable price.” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Italian Oven
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Keisterville, PA
“Good food at a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Absolutely love their food. Their menu is very extensive and everything I've ever had there is very good. I love their Fresh as a Breeze pasta dinner. Their tiramisu is the best. Plus free beer or wine with your dinner. Service is always fast and servers are always courteous.

• Visited August 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Local Italian Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have eaten at this place twice. It is probably one of the best places in the area outside chains/fast food. There are many things to chose from. The fried zuchini is excellent. It is a light batter and both times was light golden so their grease is definately changed. Meatballs were giant and good and so was the sauce. I was not impressed by their oil and garlic. However I have went to few places who know how to make this like "Mama." The noodles were lightly tossed with oil but, really had no taste. The service is always very friendly. This place is above average for the area but, not above other Italian within 45 min drive. Great place for families.

• Visited May 2012
Grove City, Pennsylvania, United States
“Huge portions, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are staying in Connellsville, PA for two days. Not finding a fine dining restaurant close by, we settled on Italian Oven (which I was familiar with the chain many moons ago). Initial reaction was that the floors could use a good scrub down, but the rest appeared clean. Atmosphere was so-so. I would have preferred not to be looking right into the kitchen. Waitress was friendly and quick to refill my drink. I was a bit disappointed that the straws were not the pasta straws that I remember Italian Ovens having. My wife's baked penne with meat sauce and my meat lasagna came out timely. Portions were HUGE! We both only ate half. Food was tasty.

I'd say after searching for restaurants in this area, this appeared to be one of the 'nicer' places around. I think if they cleaned the place a bit and hid the kitchen from view, they'd be packed! And get those pasta straws again!

medicwizz
“Monday and Tues deals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

My daughter and I visit this resturant every week. Either on Monday or Tuesday they have a 7.99 all you can eat pasta special. You can choose your noodle and choose your sauce,I always order meatballs with angelhair pasta.I ask for extra sauce on the side. This has got to be some of the best pasta in the area. They give you a hugh first helping and A SMALLER REFILL UPON REQUEST , Because of the hugh first plate they give you I never make it to a refill , however I still get a large pasta dinner with bread, butter and a salad for seven and some change. They will also give you two glasses of complementary beer or wine (white,zinfndale,red) Even though all of the servers and staff are great we request Tony, he is aweome, you wait for nothing and hes easy on the eyes (WINK)
This is a family owned and run business and they treat you like family as well. I HIGHLY recomend this resturant, if you dont like pasta , they also have a full lunch or dinner menu.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank medicwizz
Connellsville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's ok...nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I heard great things about this place. So I figured I'd try it out. It was alright, not like everyone talked it up to be. Decor was outdated and seemed dirty. Fast food Italian

• Visited March 2011