“Probably not!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Conneaut Lake
The Irish Cove Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Conneaut Lake
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Probably not!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have never stayed here, but called them based on another review I read on tripadvisor. It was obvious I woke the woman up when I called. It was on a Sunday afternoon around 3:30. She also told me that there is no longer a pool. I was less than impressed with my phone conversation, so I think The Irish Cove Motel is on my "do not stay list." I love the Conneaut Lake area and there are not many places available to stay at for just a weekend getaway. I was hoping this would be one with a positive outcome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I was in Linesville to visit the reservoir and see the ducks walk on the fish. I hadn't planned on lodging, and after a footlong hotdog at Eddie's for dinner, and vanilla custard at Hank's for dessert, it was getting late and dark. I try to avoid chain hotels as much as possible, so I punched 'lodging' on my GPS and was pleasantly surprised to see 3 local-sounding names within 3 miles. I was hit with a wall of cigarette smoke in the lobby of the first & closest motel. The woman behind the counter was hesitant to tell me that any of the rooms were non-smoking, almost like she didn't understand what I was asking. The second motel actually doesn't have bad reviews on TripAdvisor, most of the comments mentioning the no-frills atmosphere, but I got a woman who barked at me over the intercom, then told me to wait 5 minutes. I left within 2. A man came out of one of the rooms in his underwear, yelling on his cell phone, and scratching himself. By this time, it's later and darker, and I was tempted to call 'uncle' and head to the highway and the closest Ramada Inn Express, but for some reason...I didn't. And boy am I glad!! I missed the hotel initially, but - again, thanks to GPS (WHAT DID WE DO BEFORE GPS?!?) - I made a u-turn and found it. One downside to smaller hotels is that I feel bad checking in late and disturbing the owners/property managers/etc. I had to ring a doorbell, and as soon as Ms. Patty Reynolds opened the door, it was all good. She was so nice!! Anyway, I totally and whole heartedly recommend this place. If you do, please tell Ms. Patty that you saw this recommendation on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Quality Inn Meadville
Quality Inn Meadville
#3 of 5 in Meadville
Holiday Inn Express Meadville

Been to The Irish Cove Motel? Share your experiences!